• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Whoo-boy...I wrote a chapter's worth today, around 6000 words...and I'm still not done with this chapter. Usually I can stay in my pre-determined limits. More often than not, I have to come up with another scene to meet my chapter size, but this time, I might have to just make these bonus chapters so that it doesn't detract from the main story too much. I'd recommend reading them, of course, given that they'll be important for readers to understand a certain character, but still...rather surprised I managed to write so much and not be done telling their story.

I'm adjusting a small sample chapter that focus on the main character's rival of my fan-fic, it is meant to introduce him and his little gang of two. The little chapter is around 1600 words at the moment, give or take a few. I'll post it in the sample thread when it's done.

Edit;
It's done, safe for a one line description of someone.

Last edited:
I wrote a good chunk of the early part of an Avatar: The Last Airbender fic. It focuses on the sand bender tribes in the Si Wong Desert and it’s a lot of fun to write. Maybe I’ll post it here soon!

Also scribbled down a rather interesting idea for a very, episodic like story. Posted about that in plot bunny zoo

finally finished chapter 12 of hunter, haunted and posted it on another platform. i'm holding off posting it here until one of my betareaders sobers up and elaborates on what they meant with the word salad they left in my discord pms last night

I finally finished MarJour chapter 44, and FINALLY ending the radio tower arc after so long! Man, that one really gave me a lot of trouble. I also wrote some more of a Harvest Moon oneshot earlier. Which reminds me, I REALLY ought to finish the final chapter of my Tales of Zestiria fan fic.

Woo, lots of chapters and stuff getting done lately it seems. :D Keep it up!

I think I'm getting sick so didn't write much again... I just finished the scene I was working on and sent the entire chapter so far to my beta, since the way I write the final scene depends on how heavily I have to edit previous scenes

Chapter 7 has finally had all major writing finalized. Review is all that remains.

I didn't write any actual prose today, but I've gone through each feedback response I've gotten over the past year and a half for Land of the Roses and identified the parts that readers felt were the weakest. Then I went through each chapter of my own and identified problems that have been bugging me as well as listed out my plans to fix them. Did the same for four of my major characters.

In total, I wrote 5100 words tonight. I have a *lot* of work ahead of me as I work on all of these fixes over the coming months. But I'm also super psyched for it!

Wrote 1250 words today of the main character reaching a Pokémon Centre to get his fresh catch checked up. Made for some funny scenes when a future ally, an overzealous nurse trainee, performed a thorough cleaning on the main character as well. "Yes, you too, bozo!" I could write much more, the prologue is almost done, but the hour grows late and my bed is calling me. I'm breaking my neck over descriptions, though, especially humans.

Haven't written anything today yet, but I'm about to work on chapter 2 of raindrops.

Haven't written anything today, just been busy making a special FanFiction copy of my chapters so my transitions will go through. Hopefuly I can regain some of my lost viewership with that.

I did write around two-thousand words yesterday, but I might toss it depending on the suggestion of my beta reader.

I've been working out a concept that has been haunting my mind for some time; an idea for a sci-fi story that takes place on earth after the sun has entered its white dwarf stage. The tale is about trust and the value of teamwork in a post-apocalyptical world where every one backstabs another just to survive. Once the rough draft is chiselled to some degree of decency I will be looking for some feedback. What topic would be appropriate to post the material?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom