• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

i tried to write but i ended up just drawing this

unknown.png

So far I have a little bit written today, about 200 words. It's hard going through all the mundane chapters before I get to the tense, action stuff. But considering I'm writing for a character that appears once in my story, and that I want the audience to feel connected to her, I have to do it. Hopefully it won't end up too long.

Between last night and this morning, I've got about a thousand words of an upcoming oneshot/spinoff. Might have to turn it into a mini series considering I haven't even started the action yet.

I think I should focus some more on the second episode of my Pokemon story.

It took about six or seven rewrites before I decently nailed the paragraph where the main character enters a Pokémon Centre for the first time. It gave me a look in how he observes unknown situations and locations that will greatly aid him, I just realized.

I think I'm also done with the prologue. It's a mind-boggling 129 words long.

Last edited:
I wrote about a 1000 words involving one of Ash's hundreds of half sisters explaining to Iris the emotional impact of human sexuality.

While the forums were down, I had a paper to focus on, but I wrote 500 words of fanfic. Implemented some ideas like tollbooths being used in routes to collect money for route repairs/maintenance, given how destructive Pokemon can be, and a form of currency that isn't just PokeDollars like I usually use. :p

Let's see ... edited some of Kanto: There and Back Again, wrote some more of it, revised the plan for Vermilion City Pt. 3, and did a fair bit of research when I realised I needed some more detail on the worldbuidling

Spent most of the day yesterday on a writing exercise and came up just seven shy of 4500 words. Granted, it was a rewrite so half of the work was already done... I wish I was this productive most days.

Over a thousand words in a project to see if one can make the 'corrupt Pokemon League' plot work, while also mocking E.A and calling Alder a hairy old man.

I just finished a ludicrous conversation between Nogal and a Poké ball for the mere purpose of fooling around. I'll post it in the sample thread when I can the network connection on my Ubuntu laptop running. It's quite raw and unpolished (and totally uncanon) but seems like a fun read to me.

Between this morning and this afternoon, I wrote out an entire plotline, setting and character breakdown for a short story that's been buzzing around in my head for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping I can get started on writing it soon, but I'm a little afraid to. The premise is very sad and depressing but the end result is quite beautiful, I think... it's just a difficulty of fighting through the tough bits since I'm teetering on the edge of depression again.

Grinding my way through the bullet points of a scene for Kanto: There and Back Again. I'm beginning to notice the downsides of a less thoroughly planned plot, since I seem to be spending a lot of time doubting the scene

Back
Top Bottom