• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

finished a short scene and started a longer one again. 460 words total. this oneshot's taking forever but at least i'm advancing

Wrote a little bit today, but I've mostly been streamlining my Word and desktop setup so I don't have to navigate through clutter...and also reduce the number of distractions that plague them. It's been a bit of a problem. XD It doesn't help that I don't have music that fits the mood I'm trying to write for, so I have to sift through my collection and see if anything fits...might as well expand my favorites with that search.

I am currently working on a fanfic side project: Final Fantasy 1-6, 10, and 12. I'm doing those games because I'm most familiar with them, having played those games, some even to the end, though I haven't beaten any.

Wrote 600 more words Phantom Project before I realized the character's been wondering about something this entire chapter that could've been explained literally in the first paragraph of the chapter. >.> Derp. Oh, well. It's an easy fix, but that's what I get for not touching the fic for 4 or 5 months and forgetting stuff, I guess.

finished a scene, started another, only one left after this one. maybe this'll actually get finished soon who knows

Well on my way to finishing the chapter I'm working on. If I'm lucky, I might be able to finish my story by Monday! Then I can just plan and outline future stories while tackling a full-time job for the summer.

2468 words. I can sometimes pump out about 7 pages a day if I'm lucky. My record might be about twelve, but it was all rubbish and I died shortly after.

I downloaded OneNote on mobile to try to encourage myself to write on my trip during downtime, but... yeah, that didn't happen. Doing anything of substance on mobile is a nightmare. The best I did was 500 words on the restaurant scene I mentioned a few posts up lol

I want to do some writing on my phone instead of browsing hell websites or whatever, but it's such a hassle tbh. I haven't tried using onenote yet though, it didn't occur to me since I try using G docs. Onenote functions a lot better on mobile than G docs does so I'll give it a go!

finally got to write something again. started the agápe rewrite and got 188 words done. prologue may be up sooner than i thought, but we'll see

Oops, I didn't write it tonight but last night, I put together an entire 2000-word chapter for a new project I'll be starting next week. Kinda psyched for it :D

Eh, not much at all. Probably a few paragraphs. I'm not really feeling this chapter, it'll probably get bulldozed on the rewrite, but for now I'll stick with it.

Haven't done much writing at all this week, outside of assembling instructions for a game I designed. Bit of a dilemna for me considering I have to havve a chapter up today...time for a marathon write, if I can manage it.

@unrepentantAuthor

If you want to write on your phone, I'd highly recommend a bluetooth keyboard. Sure, you might not be able to use it on a bus or anything, but you can just pop it open on a picnic table and write to your heart's content!

Oh, and for writing material, OneNote is good for jotting down notes and outlines, but if you want to make chapters, Google Docs or Microsoft Word Mobile work better. I personally prefer Word, but I haven't given Google Docs a shot on my phone. Then again, I'm leery of Google's tactics, and avoid them whenever I can. Your choice though.

@lucarioknight56 I will consider looking into that! I actually have a Chromebook that's perfect for writing on the go, but obviously it doesn't have 4G access and not everywhere has decent wifi. A bluetooth keyboard might make my phone a much more tolerable writing device.

Back
Top Bottom