• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Looking to send to beta my 27,600+ word chapter, and that is even after I decided it didn't need Ash versus Moltres on Victory Road.

Looking to send to beta my 27,600+ word chapter, and that is even after I decided it didn't need Ash versus Moltres on Victory Road.

27.600+ chapter? And here I thought that my 13.000+ chapter was breaking the mold. :p

I have nothing against long chapters, though, especially if you don’t want to break the pacing of the plot. Just be careful and make sure to keep the story engaging, so that people won’t fall to the attention span trap.

Been busy making changes to Unequivocant's early chapters and getting ready to post them. I notice that I often said in narration what my protagonist, Lawrence, was thinking, rather than actively showing his thoughts and actions, like I did later in the story. That, along with some personalities that were blown out of proportion, made me realize that these need some work.

27.600+ chapter? And here I thought that my 13.000+ chapter was breaking the mold. :p

I have nothing against long chapters, though, especially if you don’t want to break the pacing of the plot. Just be careful and make sure to keep the story engaging, so that people won’t fall to the attention span trap.

Tis the fourth largest of the to be 41 chapters so far.

Got a blog post done today. Didn't word count check it this time (didn't think about doing that), so I have no idea what my word count is on that. I also wrote out 787 words on my next one shot, and I'm reaching the end of that, so hopefully it'll be up on the forums soon. Also did some RP stuff today with creating a character for a site, and I'm just waiting for approval before I press forward anymore (hence why I was working on my one shot today).

Working on chapter 8 of An Unwanted Journey. Trying to get Misty's personality nailed down without her sounding like an Apollo clone.

Simaltaniously I'm doing work for TV Tropes' Fanon Pokedex.

I wrote something for the first time in about seven months last night!

It only amounted to about twenty words, but I opened my document and put digital pen to paper for the first time since I started my new job. I'm just now realising how it appears from the outside looking in:

Me, circa January: 'hey guys got offered a job as an English teacher! I might be on less frequently for a while'

Also me: *disappears off the face of the planet until September*

I've been making a lot of revisions to Unequivocant. Not so much plot changes as the way I narrate thoughts and revising some scenes to either give them greater plot importance or to tone down the personalities. I am approaching the point where I need to start making some rather drastic revisions to the villain's plan, but it ultimately won't change the overarching plot--which I like.

Working on chapter 9 of An Unwanted Journey.

So glad I got chapter 8 done. And in the process I managed to completely erase a character from canon. Whoops.

Checking in at 11:30 on Sunday night as I turn in for the evening - up for work at 6am, ugh.

I left off last night with a completed chapter, published at 1am before I hit the hay. Today I started the following chapter, which made counting easy. All in all, I've written 2,484 words. That's not bad!

It is 100% battle scene, though, which flows very easily for me. Perhaps too easily.

Been writing 20-60 word at a time before bed in my private Discord server as a way of trying to ease into a habit. We'll see where that gets me. Might spend a lot of the next couple days writing, if I'm lucky. Gonna start commuting to work on the bus - it'd be great to develop a writing habit. Couple hours a day on the bus would be superb.

Almost finished with the rewrite of Chapter 1 of Multiple Dimensionality.

Started writing a fic based on a beautiful opening I thought up.... Only to dead end right after said opening, whoops!

Back
Top Bottom