• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Chapter 10 of An Unwanted Journey.

I think I might be writing Lance the wring way because I can't find a way to set up this thing I want to di with him and Hermes (get your mind out of the goddamn gutter!)

Chapter 10 of An Unwanted Journey.

I think I might be writing Lance the wring way because I can't find a way to set up this thing I want to di with him and Hermes (get your mind out of the goddamn gutter!)

Trap them alone on a deserted island with nothing but chocolate, oysters, honey, and alcohol? Ensign, set mind course for The Gutter, Warp 9.3.

Nearly finished with my rather major revisions to the villain plotline of Unequivocant. In a way, I'm glad that it took a couple months, to an extent, because I've been able to implement more ideas I wouldn't have thought of until now. Three chapters to go, and then it's finally off to some brand new material!

Did round one of editing for someone else’s fanfic chapter on FF.net. I technically count that as writing, and I should be able to finish edits by the time Tuesday rolls around so I can plan out how to rewrite Chapter 5 of The Ties That Bind/write Chapter 15 and hopefully plan out how I want it to go.

I FINALLY managed to get some writing done on Marvelous Journey chapter 49! Once I get through this chapter, the chapters after this will be a breeze! Especially since I've been wanting to write those for a while!

Well I continue to write my Ash versus Giovanni battle, so far Ash has lost 3 Pokemon and Giovanni 4. Thousands of words written and inspiration coming from the Cameron v Bianca fight.

I had a productive day, despite how much time I wasted:
  • Rewrote Chapter 13 of Land of the Roses from the ground up.
  • Finished the draft of my next interlude.
  • Finished the draft of my next full chapter.
None are published yet, but the interlude should be out in the next few days. :D

screw it, it's out tonight

Last edited:
Working on Chapter 3 of my own fanfic. It's proving far different than the original. Much shorter, too.

Revised chapter 3 of the new Hunter, Haunted version up to the original's chapter 3. Gonna include old chapter 4 in this current chapter as well, so can't upload just yet. And speaking of uploading, I updated chapter 2 on this forum to the new one.

Also wrote a few words in the third part of Pletora's Story, mostly just to get it started.

Didn't get much chapter writing done today, but I expanded my plot outline to be more detailed, along with consolidating some chapters to help the story flow better. All for the better, hopefully.

I tried a new method today. It was a great success! I did 5 minute sprints once every hour for half my day. I'll try to increase it to 10 minutes in the future + try to do it every hour I'm awake whenever possible, although my time was limited today with assignments due and a scheduled power outage.

Sprint 1 – 411 words
Sprint 2 – 230 words
Sprint 3 – 295 words
Sprint 4 – 419 words
Sprint 5 – 167 words
Sprint 6 – 358 words
Sprint 7 – 286 words
Sprint 8 – 357 words

Total – 2,523 words

I wrote a massive portion of the next Love and Other Nightmares chapter. If I were able to do sprints during the power outage for the remaining time I'll be awake – another 8 hours – I'd likely have a total of over 5,000 words... or a little less, assuming my momentum would drop as I neared bedtime... but either way, that's roughly 90% of a typical chapter for this fic. Of course it's all a very, very rough draft, but as I've mentioned elsewhere, focusing on edits as I go along just slows me down and discourages me more than anything. This gets me past the hardest part – starting to write – while accommodating my busy schedule. I'm also no good at sticking to one thing for a long period of time, so this takes a lot of pressure and expectation off of me. It's just five minutes, after all.

Anyway, I'm happy with having tried something new here and I have hope it'll stick. :)

Finished a six on six Ash v Giovanni battle, I am feeling good.

Chapter is 14,400 words and have only a bit more to do.

Writing Chapter 3 still, and... it's kinda a doozy so far.

Finally got back to extending the story I submitted for the chipping contest a while back. I'd like to write out at least a little bit more each day. Hopefully this keeps me feeling like I'm continuously making meaningful progress towards it, even if it's only a little bit. Tonight was 213 words worth of new scene to extend the opening.

Back
Top Bottom