• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Just about finished the written portion of Battle With Me: CH7. Just need two screenshot and to add frames. Chapter should be ready to publish this evening (Eastern Standard Time).

Also, this portion of Gale of Darkness was somehow better than nostalgia remembers. I don't know how that's possible, but I'm excited for all the chapters coming next. I'm getting a robit arm next chapter! Awesome!
I totally felt this when I first read it. I'm gonna try to post in here since I used to do it every so often in the Discord channel, but then stopped for whatever reason (maybe just lack of response or something, really hard to say...).

Amen. At least here, your post count increases and users following you can get updates on your progress. Discord's more suited for faster-paced back-and-forth, something I'm not too confident with myself. This thread just hits the sweet spot.

187 words... I was a bit tired when I got home, which just turned into a case of the "blahs", and then after dinner I had a small spurt before really trudging again... Mainly figuring out how I want to end the dialogue so I can skip from the bit of time before school starts to lunchtime, where I'm not constrained by the time within the story for longer dialogue. The uncharted area looms ever closer and I'm not entirely looking forward to it.

Amen. At least here, your post count increases and users following you can get updates on your progress. Discord's more suited for faster-paced back-and-forth, something I'm not too confident with myself. This thread just hits the sweet spot.
While true about Discord, the writing channel itself has been fairly quiet lately (given it is summer and all that stuff), and I do like it for quick questions, but as I said to someone, forums and instant messaging have their uses... Okay, I really should get off to bed, I don't think I can syntax very well. XD

Also when I was reading my first post in this thread, I remembered there were two more instances where I had to subject myself to that song, so it makes it a total of 5. I just wanted to correct myself without making an edit that would be lost and forgotten... I'm weird, I know.

Just wrote 1600 words of a post in progress rewriting chapter (waiting on the rewrite guy) that has something that I'm amazed I haven't seen more of.

Misty and Wimpod, being equally terrified of the other.

Wrote the opening to Battle With Me: CH8. It's mostly me recapping how little has happened after fifty minutes of playtime, then being disappointed with robotic character development. I have no idea how kid me had the patience to play Pokémon: XD Gale of Darkness. I must have had absolutely nothing to do, or an extreme love for Pokémon. I'm an adult writing fanfiction; I guess it was love.

I didn't end up posting yesterday because I got home late and pretty much went straight to bed. Between yesterday and today, I managed to figure out how to end the convo I was stuck at (a rested mind really works wonders), and then narrated over to the dialogue at lunchtime... which is what I'm now stuck at. :T

I think about 345 words written between yesterday and today, but most of that was from yesterday. I did think of something earlier today that I could do to help me ease into the uncharted area, but it's effectiveness won't be apparent until I get there.

About seven paragraphs for Battle With Me: CH8. 2/7ths are researched digs into a localization inconsistency, while the rest are a pre-written ending describing the chapter's events from the villain's implied perspective. I'm at about half the length of my previous chapter; if I'm lucky, I might be able to publish this sometime next week. But this is the chapter I absolutely need a .GIF for, and that's gonna need some voodoo magic on my part. Incorporating attachments into my writing has been a surprisingly large burden I was not prepared for. But my entire fic launched because I accidentally hit "Post" instead of "Preview", so I guess it comes with the territory.

95 words, but I did get unstuck and carried the conversation onto something I can pick back up. Had a decent spurt before it got hard to think because I was getting hungry (which was about an hour before dinner), and then after dinner I lost focus - at least it shouldn't be hard to pick it back up tomorrow.

But my entire fic launched because I accidentally hit "Post" instead of "Preview", so I guess it comes with the territory.
I ended up posting my "about my avatar" post thing in this manner... It was just that one time that I wasn't paying attention to which button i was clicking (despite having previewed it many times), and then it posted...

Less "writing", more transcribing dialogue and planning. Felt more like a QA tester than an author. Little burnt out right now (family birthday tomorrow), but I got some non-commercial forum posts real work on important projects today. Going to bed mostly satisfied.

Lost about 1.5-2 hours after since I was needing to clear my mind from some stuff my bff vented a bit before I left work (besides the empathy, I was really overthinking a lot of things related to it...), but it was nice that it was only that long because I was expecting to have to spend at least the entire time until dinner doing so. Had a decent spurt partway and then focus was a bit spotty after dinner, but I think I'm really close to or practically at the end of the dialogue so I can move on. I'm not too confident with the dialogue, but I'll fix it later when I understand the characters better (and when I'm actually able to focus on them one at a time instead of flopping between them). Today's haul about 230 words.

Been a while since I could post to this thread. Got at least the first half of Battle With Me: CH8 complete...just in time for a heat wave that'll make it impossible to grab screenshots. Guess I'm spending the weekend reviewing. Heard someone got a poetry anthology together; been meaning to take a look.

Planning to write mini-reviews for the entirety of Nori's Poem Anthology. Each review's about a paragraph long, and there's some thoughts on the entire anthology's structure as well. Got reviews written for every poem up to the first half of 2005; standouts so far are "I Kissed Her Today", "Stream Fiend", and "An Ode To Writer's Block". It's enjoyable having this rough timeline, following a poet as they develop their skills. I'm still in the relatively early stuff, but I'm happy to say I found a few enjoyable poems regardless.

Midday post for me, but I just finished a marathon poetry review session of Nori's Poem Anthology and I feel like I can't take a break until I post here. Made it to the year 2012 this time; the poetry's definitely getting more complex, my brain is experiencing much tickling, but I've got mini-reviews for over half the poems and I want to complete the set. Gotta review 'em all.

EDIT: I was planning on having a follow-up post right about now where I'd say "I finished the reviews!", but I got stuck on "Torment of a Paradox". Sorting through my thoughts on it turned out to be extremely hard. I did finish the review, but it zapped my time away from other poems. It's getting late: I'll have to continue my review quest tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • Thursday: I was quite exhausted from the horrible stomachache that morning on top of work. No writing done.
  • Friday: I got distracted while trying to watch a long video and ended up straining my eyes. Also no writing done. (I really wish E-ink monitors weren't ungodly expensive.)
  • Yesterday: Had some stuff I wanted to take care of earlier in the day, then I think I was kinda "blah" in the afternoon, but I did get a smidgen of writing done.

Decided to replace a line of dialogue (that I was having troubles working off of) and narrate instead to be able to move the time along. I then went with my initial temporary notes to narrate through a short dialogue even though I wanted to write it to try to keep the somewhat slow pace as the protag struggles to make a decision. In spite, I was able to figure out when the protag makes her decision, add that and dependant events to the timeline, and have a much clearer path through the "uncharted area". Where I left off tonight shouldn't be hard to pick back up, and since the protag's situation is no longer "blah" (in a sense), I (hopefully) shouldn't struggle to write something. I did realise that because I'm nearing the end of the "uncharted area", a couple of crossover scenes are waiting for me just outside of that, and hopefully they don't drain me too much and that I don't have to really trudge through them. (A little bit of context if I hadn't said already: I'm working on set of three stories that mainly take place in a high school, so naturally there's going to be scenes that appear in two or all three stories... I don't remember where I was heading with this...)

Oh yeah, 580 words today and yesterday... I think...

Gotta review 'em all.
This made my day when I originally read this. XD

Finished the poetry reviews! Just need to hunt down the Japanese characters used in the final poem (Japan has like a million scripts, so it might take a bit), write some closing thoughts, and double-check the BBCode on all the spoilers. Though in case anyone's wondering; best of the anthology is "Porcelain Doll". Heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time, highly recommended. And also, writing these reviews was quite the fun way to experience the anthology. Made me stop and think instead of letting my eyes glaze.Hopefully they'll all be posted tonight (I'm Eastern Standard Time), and if not then tomorrow morning.

Was wanting to get to the stopping point I wanted to get to, but that didn't happen...
I had a bit of a distraction when I came home... The CD I was waiting on arrived, so I was to rip it and get it into my library and then clean up the duplicates. It was a welcome sidetrack. Nearly an hour before this post, I shared an image set with a friend and we got to talking a bit and there was an image I wanted to share with her... except I couldn't quite find it. I decide to begin looking through the extra hard drives that I have, and the first one I plug in didn't register. Instead of trying a different one, I figured that it's probably the thing where it's not reading "foreign" formats because I need to reboot, which I ended up forcing because of an issue that kinda randomly happens. This is what really started to set off my annoyance, and between that and my overthinking mind (might be a better word/phrase, but idgaf), it wasn't really a great way to end the night...
137 words, hopefully I can write tomorrow despite Citrus volume 10 arriving sometime tomorrow...

Well, even if I wasn't as distracted/etc. yesterday, I probably still wouldn't've gotten to the stopping point I wanted to get to yesterday because I didn't get to that stopping point today. XD

Regardless, it wasn't too hard to pick back up, but I narrated the scene in my notes that I was planning to narrate, and then worked on the scene after, after overcoming a bit of inertia. I added a scene in with how things were going, and left off there. Once I get the next scene in my temporary notes done, I think it'd be in my best interest to catch the other story up before the crossover scene. Today's result: 446 words.

The titles (that I'm sticking with unless I figure something better or whatever) of the three stories are: Katakura: Aerosteel, Katakura: Electrowood, and Katakura: Uncoloured. I've been working on Electrowood for the past while (sometime before my first post in this thread), and the upcoming crossover will be with Uncoloured (after I catch it up) before the crossover between Aerosteel and Uncoloured.

I'm going to bed before my long-windedness kicks in. X)

Back
Top Bottom