• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Now that I've finished my friendly neighborhood reviewing, I'm back to Battle With Me XD: CH8. Wrote into overtime to make up for lost...time, and I finally got my robot arm! I even found the plot! Not much left, I'm estimating I'm 2/3rds the way through the chapter, but I finally hit the point where I absolutely need to show off an animation. And that means either finding a way to record video so I can convert it into a .GIF, or taking screenshots frame-by-frame. I can't wait.

Oh, and I need to write a rant about a rug. It's a long story.

I wrote a few sentences of chapter 4 of Moonkind: The Wayward Butterfly today. I realised that my protagonist's transformaiton-induced myopia and almost 360 degree vision didn't impact the descriptions in any meaningful way, so I decided that I'll incorporate it more from now on. I've had an idea for a scene where she gets attacked in a dark forest for a while, but now I've realised that I can use her limited vision to make it tense.

233 words. I got Momoka (Electrowood's protag) home and did the bit of dialogue between her and her mum. Feels like I might be switching to Uncoloured this Friday or a bit after. Just depends how how the next couple writing sessions go.

Forgot to mention yesterday that I took a bit of time to fetch the Citrus volume from the postbox, read it, and then recover from it. ¯\(´^`)

Anyway, storyboarded the upcoming crossover scene on the way to work this morning and got it worked out enough to where I could really work with it. Started off adding a touch of description into Momoka's dialogue from yesterday (after getting home), and then looked for some tsuba (hand guard of a Japanese sword) designs for references. Got way past where I wanted to stop and ended up writing a bit of the crossover scene within Electrowood, so it's now a matter of changing gears tomorrow and catching Uncoloured up before I continue the scene. 933 words total.

[Edit]
All these 3s, aaaaggh!

Started getting Uncoloured caught up, but kinda got distracted a lot. Also tweaked a bit of the dialogue in the crossover scene... 262 words. Sleep time is now.

(I feel a little weird having three in a row, but I guess it's happened before...)

Got Uncoloured caught up to where I left off of the crossover scene, 1292 words. Also did some slight tweaks of some of the stuff I wrote yesterday, along with figuring out an appropriate event which will take place after the one I've had planned for a while. Crossover scene will be fairly long (longer now that I have added that event in), and will be fairly exhausting from previous experience, due to the need to flop between characters and viewpoints while writing.

I finished and posted chapter 4 of Moonkind: The Wayward Butterfly. I've gotten into a habit where I write most of a chapter over the course of two days.

Semi-mindlessly continued the dialogue until I looked back to see a couple points that needed some dialogue tags and actions, so that the characters aren't babbling in front of a door in 0°C temperatures. Got them inside and to a point where I can leave off at (along with some notes). Not counting words today since It's time I don't feel like spending today since my stomach's been a bit funny after my lactose intolerance incident early this morning. (My stomach acting up also has slowed my writing down too.)

Hopefully I can write tomorrow without too many problems...

Didn't get as far as I thought I was going to get, since I was kinda stuck at a couple parts of the scene after getting them into the other character's "apartment". I don't feel like counting words still, but I did get past the scene, so it should be fairly easy. Oh yeah, I did a bit of research too.

407 words between the two stories, got them out of the apartment and fairly close to the first store they're going to... I found a bit of Okinawan phrases and words earlier today, so I was kinda looking it over and thinking about what to do with it and one of the future Electrowood characters, though it ended up being a bit of a distraction. Also decided to use street view in Google Maps (at the suggestion of my significant other, Shinobu) to see if there's anything interesting along the way, and still (obviously) have a bit to go, but at least I covered the vast majority of the walk.

Finally got the two into the bloody store... 400 something words, which doesn't count the slight bit I added to the beginning of the walk (I originally poked around in street view a little after Momoka and Tsuguo turned onto the first street)... (Tsuguo's one of the Uncoloured characters btw)... I've been storyboarding the scene inside the store a bit for the past couple or so days, so I have a vague idea of what to write (Tsuguo's portion will be a little easier than Momoka's... at least longer).

Oh yeah, I also broke up the chunks of walking text into paragraphs after adding those little beginning-ish bits in. I wanted to spend more time focusing on writing yesterday that I just made it a massive block of text in both stories to deal with later. Reminds me that one of my teachers said to "write first, format later" in some form, though I think this is really the first time I've actually not worried about paragraphing until later - mainly because I was fairly absorbed in the scene.

I also poked around with some ideas earlier today that I forgot to transfer into my notes... Oops.

82 words today. Was distracted by other stuff after getting home, and then worked out a bit of the dialogue before figuring out what kind of smartphone Momoka has. Wrote one more line of dialogue and then tried to do some research on what phones would be available during the time, which took a while, but I did think of looking in the Internet Archive/Wayback Machine for the service provider's products, which was archived to my luck. The pages for the individual phones weren't, but I can look up specifications and very rough approximate pricing with Google. Those notes from yesterday that never got transferred still aren't transferred.XD :x

Gonna try to get the specs of the other phones tomorrow and figure out which one Tsuguo would likely pick so it's easier to write the in-between stuff.

Last edited:
So I'm a bit drowsy, so if my syntax is weird, you can blame it on that... 357 words or something like that (though 27 might get deleted)... There was some distraction and extra travelling, but I did mostly figure out how to take the scene...

Hopefully I can get the two out of the store...

Well, yesterday now, but polished about 70 words and wrote another 100. Small beans by most people's standards, certainly, but given how tired I was after work I regard that as a decent amount.

Stopping to check sources and do small bits of research isn't helping, but it's a new genre of sorts, so perhaps to be expected

568 words today. Numerous distractions today, and I had to re-research a lot of the smartphone stuff I thought I had straightened out. I also thought that I solidified which smartphone Tsuguo would get, but my last bits of research put her back in the undecided territory... when I actually get to writing that part of the scene. Oh! I remember a thing I read that the display scaling may not be compatible with all apps and such... maybe I'll use that too. I'm so glad foodstuffs shopping is like eight times simpler than smartphone shopping.

Well, yesterday now, but polished about 70 words and wrote another 100. Small beans by most people's standards, certainly, but given how tired I was after work I regard that as a decent amount.
I think you know well enough that you shouldn't be comparing yourself to others, and that any work is better than none, though maybe you meant in opposite meaning (hopefully this part made sense because I'm getting sleepy)... So I hope that those that aren't Beth aren't comparing their word counts or whatever to other peeps.

Stopping to check sources and do small bits of research isn't helping
#mood

So I did end up using that thing where the scaling isn't supported by some apps (though I literally almost forgot to write it in), and finally got the two out of the store. Got quite a bit written, likely more than yesterday since I had little distractions and things to take care of, but I don't feel like figuring out word count because of the amount of dialogue. Left off in the middle of Momoka and Tsuguo discussing whether they want to go to an all-you-can-eat yakiniku place (essentially barbecue in a sense) for dinner later (it's maybe like around ten in the morning in the story). plan on getting them across the nearby pedestrian bridge and then it's back to street view on Google maps to see if there's anything worth mentioning (I saw a bike shop just across from the super they're going to). Though I highly doubt it, I hope I'm not shooting myself in the foot with adding a crossover dinner scene - I still gotta decide on it, however. Also a lot of writing dialogue and going back to add tags and actions, but nothing I'm not really used to at this point, considering how long this crossover scene's been going.

Welp, losing syntax again. Bedtime! (After syncing files.)

Didn't really write much because of mood which was probably caused by hormones... see what happens tomorrow and if I can focus enough and get into character better. Spent some time reading 1.5 volumes of manga, but that kinda belongs in a different thread.

Back
Top Bottom