• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Well, it's safe to say I'm getting the rust off of my gears, as I wrote the second chapter of Chaos Rising last night and the third one today. I'm still treating most of these as dry runs, as I'm really working with elements that I haven't used before (ie: RPG mechanics in real-life situations), so it takes a lot of work to figure out how to write that stuff clearly. I need to get my Rising of the Shield Hero light novel back from my folks and look it over, as it might be helpful in ironing out that issue. But, yeah, I'm getting back into the swing of things (though I still need to work on Psychic Duelist Django, too).

Also, a bit of trivia I didn't realize until I finished the third chapter is that, discounting the word "The", every one of the current chapters (including Chapter 4, which has yet to be written) in Chaos Rising starts with the letter "S" and often has some form of alliterations. So far we have "The Shroud of Shadows", "Skye", "The Savior of the Shroud" and the soon-to-be-written "Spot On Smooth". I didn't realize that until I named the 4th chapter after finishing the last one. That was purely unintentional on my part. Though it is a bit funny, too, as I didn't even plan that, that's just how it ended up. I've got a weird brain, though that's nothing new for me. shrugs

265 words or something like that (I don't feel like taking a second look) getting Momoka through dinner and back into her room. Had to also figure out the order of the light switches as well as locations... Which reminds me, I should probably make note of the latter before I forget...

Well, due to boredom, I ended up getting a lot of work done today. Wrote Chapters 4 and 5 of Chaos Rising ("Spot on Smooth" and "Shadows at Dawn", respectively) today, with, once again, the "S" word title pattern continuing (although, to be fair, "Spot On Smooth" did get a head-start late last night). However, that'll be broken with the next chapter, which is called "Demon's Wrath". This is actually something important to me, as I have a policy about writing: If I can write at least 5 chapters in the span of a week when starting a new series, it's worth continuing, otherwise it ends up dying, like so many past story ideas, so getting 5 chapters done in about 3-4 days is very good. They're still considered dry runs, though, as they'll need some fine-tuning before I feel they're ready for any sort of publishing. Also, I tried to start "Demon's Wrath", but the office chair I use for my computer was starting to hurt my backside (it tends to after sitting in it for a few hours), so I had to stop for a while. Well, at least it allowed me to play with my pet cockatiel, Zeru, for a while on my comfy couch.

Anyway, the chapters ("Spot On Smooth" and "Shadows at Dawn") in question introduce a new main character and the first major fight against the main villain's armies, respectively, as well as some other, sometimes darker, elements embedded in this world. "Demon's Wrath", however, has some more very important foreshadowing that was first hinted in Chapter 1, as well as shows the first set of consequences of the other Heroes' actions. As such, mapping it out isn't easy, as I don't want to outright spoil something major too early (that was my first real problem with Psychic Duelist Django, as both the main villain's motives and Django's heritage/mission were revealed too quickly, so I learned from that). So, that'll take some extra time to think it out without going too deep into spoiler territory. But, hey, at least I met my quota when it comes to new story series, so that's something I'm proud of.

EDIT: Slight update. Renamed the next chapter to "Wrath Fire" as it ties in better to what happens (as well as being the name of the technique used in it), as well as reduces possible spoilers.

Last edited:
223 words, didn't get much done because of distractions, but got things moving along and some some notes of what comes next and such. Also really early sleep time.

(Edit)
Another 200 words because I couldn't sleep. Also happened upon a better weather representation for the day and following couple days (the location the reference gave me before was a bit more south, but after wanting to look at the following days, it changed location to the airport which is much closer. I forgot to mention earlier I had a bit of inspiration for part of a move name from watching an episode of Fire Force, but whether or not I use it is really up in the air. Oh yeah, I do need to create another move for Momoka... I was thinking about doing it, but kept forgetting. (I'll need it somewhat soon)

Last edited:
Due to the rain I spent some more time writing until my dinner date with my folks. Wrote Chapter 6: "Wrath Fire" today. Not as long as the previous ones, only about 14 pages, as the previous five were more like ~20 pages each, give or take. Not a whole lot happened in it, though, mostly the main cast cleaning up the Sword Hero's mess, as I didn't want too many important details revealed, so that probably contributed to its shorter length. The next chapter ("Plant Panic") will probably be a little on the short side, too, as, like "Wrath Fire", it'll be mostly about the main party cleaning up the other heroes' messes (in this case, Spear Hero, or as the female lead likes calling him, Pointy Stick Boy).

241 words... Felt like wrote more, but then again I had a few things to deal with for most of the day. Anyway, got Momoka to and through the bath and asleep for the night. Also some light world-building and adding of the move I needed while also finding something for something that I can't remember off the top of my head. In any case, decently satisfied even though I had to try at least a few times to pick up where I left off really early this morning while trying to fit in the stuff I wanted to fit in.

Was wanting to get some writing done, but had some stuff to take care of, and then I decided to look at some layouts for conference rooms... Which I ended up making a partial floor plan because the image I found didn't seem like it was too scale, so it was hard to tweak it to how it would be like. I'm also not in a good state to write anyway, unless I want stuff like Shoes can be work inside the dormitory...

Side note: the thing I couldn't remember yesterday was adding in a bunch of unnamed extras and then figuring some minor-ish details out with Python because I needed some randomisation.

106 words. Took a while before I could start writing (the blahs and some distractions), and then had some later things that affected me (emotional shift and drowsiness). Anyway, got Momoka awake, through breakky, and through a clothing change. Probably heading to sleep soon...

Last edited:
After an eventful past few days (my dad has kidney stones, yay), I managed to get "Plant Panic" written. Like the last chapter, it's short, about 12 pages, as it's mostly about Celtic and co cleaning up Pointy Stick Boy's (aka: Spear Hero) mess. I did pad it a bit with some dialog at the end that does, more or less, confirm the hinted information that has been popping up here and there. The next chapter, "Spider's Game" will debut a new party member, as well as Celtic getting some payback on Lucas (Spear Hero) for the latter's idiocy and tendency to aggravate the former with insane troll logic (doesn't help that the Malty of the series: Veronica, is just as bad as her inspiration, though she gets more butt-monkey treatment than Malty, such as Skye nearly snapping her spine when the two sisters "reunite" for the first time). So, that'll be something to look forward to.

276 words. Had to delete a sentence because I couldn't quite understand what I was going for with starting it with "To no surprise". Anyway, got Momoka and the others into the meeting/conference room and they're about to introduce themselves. I had some typos in my previous post, which has been fixed. Sleepy time is upon me.

Last edited:
Had to fix a typo in the post from last night... Anyway, 100 something words (electrowood), kinda on the low side, but I had to decide on where the other five sit, and then had to figure out where two of the three males came from... Also fixed some dialogue in Uncoloured because it was really early Tsuguo and I think have a better Idea of her character now. Early bedtime again because of drowsiness... Oh yeah, had to also fix/tweak some of the stuff I wrote last night in electrowood becasue I couldn't entirely follow a sentence while reading up to try to pick up where i left off.

Got league 2 to 20,000+ words and in a somewhat finished state. May expand.

Haven’t found anything to continue Silk and Stars chapter 4 yet, so I’ve been rewriting chapter 1 today and yesterday in an attempt to deviate more from the source fanfic’s/episode 1 of KRBAY’s dialogue, since someone else mentioned that blatant copying is a big no-no. Ended up starting things off with the original chapter 1’s fourth segment, and so far I think I’m doing pretty well at giving life to the previously (paraphrased from the reviewer) confusing fourth segment, wrote myself into the rewrite’s second segment today.

I’m planning to see what I can write for second segment tomorrow/tonight, then afterwards cut off a large section (large enough to require its own segment in the original) in third segment that in hindsight, was mostly filler, due to me removing the acquisition of a rather important plot element in that segment and shifting it to a later segment at the last minute.

Once this thing’s done, I’m thinking of finding a beta for Silk and Stars, and rewriting chapters 2 and 3 to fit chapter 1’s changed dialogue.

Finished "Spider's Game" today. I had started it a few days ago, but my nerves got fried after I heard dad hit a deer, wrecking his car, forcing me to give him mine, leaving me paranoid that he'll repeat the process with my car (and it's already been to the body shop once before, thanks to some nanowit using the Chinese restaurant parking lot as a means to skip the traffic light, blindsiding me in the process).

Anyway, this chapter is slightly longer than the last, about 15 pages, and introduces a new character/party member, some humor at Spear Hero's expense, and Celtic's new outfit. It also reveals the less-then-stellar jobs of the other two Heroes to the main cast (Celtic and co had already taken care of the messes made by Sword and Spear, now they have to clean up after the Bow and Axe, something that our Shroud Hero won't be happy about). It also reveals that the main central power of the world, Delgunner Kingdom, is aware of what has happened with the ambitious Light Elves latest scheme, and they're not happy, along with the Shadokor, the second strongest kingdom (though they have the strongest military) getting in the mix. How will this help the Shroud Hero and party? We shall see.

Wrote 600+ words of DE, only for my beta to tell me I'd be better off starting from scratch. Ah...

Forgot to mention yesterday's was all dialogue with the characters introducing themselves to each other (primarily just names). 205 today as dialogue to have the squad leader give a quick "who, what, when, where, why" before letting them have at the equipment on the other part of the table.

Back
Top Bottom