• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Got myself to...the beginning of segment 2’s dream sequence before I began overthinking how I wanted to have said sequence play out, and did some headcanoning. Never thought I’d say this but...well, curse you, Kirby.

Now I have to find a half-decent reason for why you, a literal baby in this fic’s timeline, can even defeat some dude with a crown of limitless power, an eldritch wasp-flower monstrosity, and the CEO of the most far-reaching villainous organization in the universe (note: I’m not referring to Haltmann here), all within the span of about uhhh two years, give or take a year. I mean, sure, you have that spider child dude from another dimension with a physics-defying sword and some power catalyst which I haven’t entirely thought through the purpose of helping you out here, but still.

Add on the whole “Kirbs is related to Void Termina” theory and some other headcanon from another fic that I really like and now I’m trying to pick out some plausible origin story for him. (The anime does not help. At all.)

And thus today, I also came up with the ridiculous headcanon that puffballs are rare and are born from wishes.

I‘m also trying to incorporate some “Kirby is Galacta Knight’s kid” in here, though the timelines are real sketchy at the moment.

Tomorrow, I‘ll hopefully be able to sort this issue out, and if not, just skip it for the time being and work on segments 3 and 4 instead.

The same way he beat the living cloud of darkness (three times), the star made kf darkness (though that one was a total wimp), the living nightmare creature, possibly a mirror world version of the aformentioned cloud of darkness and/or the living nightmare creature along with a dark version of Meta Knight, the paint witch that took away his arms and legs, the psychotic jester, literally the god of death, a really big bird, and a penguin?

I'm doing a cheater's NaNoWriMo of working on whatever project catches my attention. 4500 words today, and I think I'm like 95% of the way done with a fanfic I've been writing on and off for uhhh like a year. If I manage to get it finished the rest of the way it'll be damn near the first piece of my writing I've shown publicly in over a decade, which is Wow terrifying.

Just finished writing the next chapter in Chaos Rising: "Box Canyon Troll Trouble". Like the last few, it's a bit short, only 13 pages, as it's mostly just Celtic and co cleaning up the Bow Hero's mess. The next chapter, "Rebel Revolt Revival" (Holy alliteration, Batman!), will probably be more of the same, since Celtic and his party have to clean up the final mess made by the final Hero: the Axe Hero. This one will be a bit trickier, as, instead of monsters, the group will have to fight people in order to fix the Axe Hero's blunder, so it'll probably be a more morally grey chapter than the last few. We shall see.

Not really in the mood to count words, but started getting Momoka and her partner out the door before I decided to make a vague trail map... Which ended up eating a lot more time because I had to relocate the dormitory thingy for a more-sensible start to the trail. With the map done, I had to put a detail back into my notes and go back to fix the correspond scene that I never got to finish because of distractions! Also some other distractions throughout the day that didn't help. Some tweaking in Uncoloured also happened.

I realised earlier I missed something my last post, but I dont' remember it now, so f▒▒▒ it (I'm up later than I should be and irate mainly because of it).

(Edit)
Time was also eaten by first looking for a wind chill chart, then by making my own to cover m/s as well as km/h because most charts were one or the other. I needed it to double-check temperatures since the weather history says something like 8° to 11°C for that day with wind speed between 8 to 18 m/s (28.8 to 64.8km/h, 17.9 to 40mi/h), but because wind chill is only good for temperatures 0°C and under, everything warmer is just an estimate.

Last edited:
1285 words appended to Electrowood (does not include the fixing in an earlier scene... I don't feel like going back to count those 20 or so words... Also doesn't include the tweaking I did near where I left off yesterday). Besides getting the earlier fix done, got the two to the puzzle site, and got them pretty much done with the first "phase" of the puzzle. Tweaked the trail map a bit to include another area (thankfully, I kept the layered file), and then calculated the approximate distance and time between the start of the trail (I ignored the twenty-some-odd metres behind the building to the trail). Had to open Google Maps back up to get the 3D view of the area to make sense of the trail I drew yesterday and make it a little easier to write, and though my notes on the puzzle made it seem like it was going to be easy to write, but I couldn't've been more wrong. Also took a bit of time in CAD to check a solution to the puzzle that I thought of, which turns out to be better than the original solution I had. To bed!

3037 words for my NaNoWriMo piece this year. This is the first time I've really had a chance to sit down and write for it, so I'm a few days behind. My goal is to catch up (and maybe even get ahead!) by the end of the week, so here's to hoping I can do that. I wrapped up chapter 1 today, which did a lot of the tone setting for the story, so hopefully now that I've got that done, I'll be able to make some real progression in the story.

Went completely off topic in terms or writing for the past two days. Practiced angst, horror and bootleg humor yesterday using writing prompts, and used today’s writing prompt to sorta experiment with the beginning of a later story arc in Silk and Stars, specifically the Triple Deluxe arc.

On the other hand, I now sort of have an explanation/headcanon for Kirby’s existence.

449 words in Electrowood. Momoka and her partner finally got to the second "phase" of the puzzle. Some slightly older dialogue and stuff (I think some end bits from yesterday, more specifically) got tweaked too.

3119 words for my NaNoWriMo story this year. Ended up just shy of day 4's word count goal, so I'm confident I'll be able to catch up and probably even get ahead by the end of day 5, especially considering I'm averaging about 3000 words per day thus far.

135 words in Electrowood as narration for Momoka and her partner catching/preparing lunch... And then a certain pokémon leak had to appear in my news article and break me during dinner... :/

3221 words for my NaNoWriMo story, plus some words for In the Face of Adversity to wrap up chapter 5. Working on two very different stories has made me realize how I should plan out stories in the future. I feel like words are coming a lot more easily to me with my NaNoWriMo story, which is titled Not So Average, than In the Face of Adversity. Lessons have been learned.

231 words in Electrowood (no surprise there) where Momoka and her partner return to the puzzle, get the third "phase" done, and start figuring stuff out for the fourth "phase". Tweaking also happened.

Only 882 words for today in NaNoWriMo. At least I'm caught up now, so hopefully I'll be able to get ahead by the end of the week.

202 words. Momoka and her partner figured out the best way to go, but realised they need to prevent a catastrophic failure from happening, and though I thought I had the solution to prevent the failure, I don't think it'd be the right one... I did figure something out that should work... at least well enough for the scene.

Also distractions! Which i kinda prefer over weird moods... Well, it was a pleasant distraction, so it's not nearly as bad as the others.

442 words for NaNoWriMo today. Friend wanted to play League tonight after he got home from work, so I decided to join him, which took away some of my writing time. I'm off tomorrow though, so that'll give me a good opportunity to catch up.

Just mini-notes of how I think would be the best way to progress the scene, seeing I spent nearly all of my free time playing a game that released today.

101 words, wasn't at home today and pretty much had them finish the puzzle...

1692 words on my NaNoWriMo story. I'm starting to lose my drive for it, but I'm gonna power through since I don't want to just abandon it 9 days into it.

Back
Top Bottom