• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Not working on any of my fics right now because Animal Crossing has taken control of my life plz send help.

But, I have been writing these cute little journal entries on what I complete in a day on my Island in New Horizons, so I guess there's that. I wrote about 2000 words in the first 3 days.

But, I have been writing these cute little journal entries on what I complete in a day on my Island in New Horizons, so I guess there's that. I wrote about 2000 words in the first 3 days.
Reminds me I need to get back on my FF challenge runs sometime. Of course I have to *play* to do that too.

Edited that last scene of C2 tonight. Pretty extensive edits, adding a new paragraph while assimilating another making it much shorter, and general rewriting a bunch of things. Ready for looking over on Thursday and then posting on Friday, in any case.

154 words yesterday, none today. Been kinda having troubles writing lately with the stuff that's going around... I don't have it (at least I'm decently sure), but it's still weighing on me. :/

80 words, some of which inserted at the beginning of the new section because there was stuff I wanted to write there, but couldn't really put into words at the time. I feel better than the previous few days, and I'm thinking my vitamin D levels were low, but I digress.

About 90 words today, also tweaked a bit of yesterday's stuff (I think?) because I remembered about a fact earlier today.

Nothing yesterday, but did plan a bit of how i wanted to proceed as the event in planning by the characters is during spring break — which is after their first year of school ends and before the second year of school begins — and I'm planning on having that event be the end of the act.

137 words today moving Aerosteel along. I've been having thoughts of working on Electrowood instead since the path is a little clearer and that there's only one potential crossover with Aerosteel, but I dunno.

Today in writing, I started on Chapter 8 of one of the two immediate follow-ups to my current fic. I could probably finish it outright tonight if I wanted to, made up a new character for it to help fill some gaps but need to find their beat.

Note: I did this despite the current fic not being fully edited/posted and not even starting Chapters 1-7 of the fic in question - though there's a plot outline for each in place and a major scene drafted in script form, also in the middle.

I do things whenever. Give into the chaos! It gets crazier: of another unrelated one in the metaseries, several weeks back I wrote a tiny blurb of Chapter 19 that popped into my head and I wrote down before forgetting. And a bigger scene in 5, much more important and a defining character moment.

Managed to get back into writing now that things are a bit calmer here. Wrote the next chapter in Chaos Rising (Sylph's Storm) this morning. Picking up from last time, Sylph is facing off against Celtic and his party (after "disposing" the other four Heroes prior). A few new events come to light during this fight, including Sylph's weakness, but she's ultimately prevailing as she keeps Celtic and his crew on the defensive, preventing him from exploiting her weakness. The battle ultimately ends due to Zuzu's interference by drenching Sylph in Leecha berry wine from the same cask bombs used during the primary battle, something that Succulites hate, getting Sylph drunk and forcing her to flee, ending the wave. However, Celtic has a lot of questions that came up during the battle but no answers. Even Skye doesn't have enough knowledge on the subject of the Dragon Emperors, which may be connected to Celtic's Dragon Rage Shroud. What does this all mean? The next chapter, "Shadow Simulation", will debut the Shadokor's newest invention in hopes of getting Delgunner, and other kingdoms, better prepared for future battles. Will it work? We shall see.

Managed to get the next chapter of Chaos Rising (Shadow Simulation) done today, though I technically started it late yesterday. It ended up a bit longer than expected, I admit, as it's partly a filler, but the central part of it is important, as it'll play a role from here out.

Anyway, the Shadokor are trying to bring to life their newest creation: the Shadow Simulator, a training simulator that helps knights, soldiers, and other warriors by pitting them against three monsters at a time. These monsters are fakes, or "shadows", but they still possess the same power, tactics, and stats as the real deal, but they cannot genuinely hurt the challenger, thus giving anyone who uses it all the benefits of fighting against the monsters (such as the EXP gains) with none of the risks. However, they're having trouble working out the blueprints. Celtic, who is extremely adapt at machines (such as building his mechanical arm, for example), takes over and reworks the blueprints quickly, as he noticed how everything was cripplingly overspecialized, hence why it wasn't working out. After completing the task, the Shadokor install one of the first Shadow Simulators in Delgunner a few days later and ask Celtic to test it. As it determines the enemy by the user's total skill level (as in all factors, not just their base Level), Celtic's first opponent is, to everyone's surprise, a trio of Red Demons. While Duskbane said that residents of the Demon Realm are programmed into it, they only really show up during the "bonus rounds" to test the user, and only one-on-one. Celtic dispatches the Red Demons with ease, showing just how skilled he as become, thus completing the simulation's final test, giving it his seal of approval. Duskbane leaves to make more, as every advantage the world has against Infinator is vital, while Celtic and his party agree that this device will come in handy, even if the other four Heroes see it as nothing more than a game mechanic.

The next chapter, "The Seventh Hero of Pride", will finally have Celtic's party become whole with the final addition in the form of the rogue element: Zuzu, as well as complete the "seven deadly sins" aspect of the party. What will this mean? And will Zuzu be able to accept her new role? We shall see.

56 words continuing the dialogue. Might've written more had I not been as distracted. Considered writing the two in an amusement park yesterday and the weekly prompt reminded me about it, but we'll see what happens since there's only Golden Week and winter break as the easiest times to write the scene.

Managed to get another chapter done in Chaos Rising (The Seventh Hero of Pride) done today, largely due to how quiet it's been today.

Anyway, Ike, a young soldier that Celtic took a liking to, returns, now part of Delgunner's knights due to King Duskbane's actions (and with some help from Celtic's memories he copied earlier). But the reunion is cut short... because the Spear Hero screwed up again. So, Celtic and his party have to deal with a colony of Bat Demons that he released before both the barrier protecting the village of Roseroot breaks and the Double Blood Eclipse rises. Along the way they bump into a nearly dead Zuzu, who finally got her one-on-one fight with Sylph... and utterly lost. Sylph let her live just to crush her further, while taking one of Zuzu's arms as a 'trophy' (which she fully intends to eat), forcing the Succuryn to limp away in shame. Celtic heals her with Dark Recovery, which help her arm regenerate, and offers her a place on the team, as she's been a valuable, if unofficial, ally to them. She's initially reluctant due to her pride and feeling that a "wild demon" wouldn't belong, but the others say she will. With some prodding and offering her a chance for revenge against Sylph, Zuzu finally accepts, becoming the seventh member of the party. She proves her usefulness right away, as she helps the party track down the Bat Demons within the mineshaft that they were occupying near Roseroot village. Skye and Leon shoulder most of this battle, as both are the strongest in the key element that the Bat Demons are weak to: Light and Holy. The Bat Demons go down quickly, and they recover the relic that the village tasked Lucas to do in the first place, only for him to grab a similar one instead. The village decides to celebrate now that they're free from the Bat Demons, and Zuzu finds out that doing good feels good. She's still uncertain about her newfound status, but she's willing to give it a whirl.

The next chapter, "Rocking with a Mountain Roc", will be the party cleaning up yet another mess from another Hero (Sword Hero, in this case). And, to all you perspective Golden Sun fans, yes, I *ahem* borrowed the idea of the Mountain Roc from Dark Dawn, which is my favorite Golden Sun game (I was more of a Breath of Fire fan over Golden Sun back in the day, and still am, though I do like Dark Dawn). How will the party fare against this problem? We shall see.

Yesterday was an off day because of reasons; 160 words today moving the scene along.

C3 done editing. Went over it more than once today, by far the most changed from third draft to finished product so far. Had a lot of fun writing a certain gambling-loving character's lines, but getting them just right is key. Posting tomorrow/later on today as usual for the schedule I'm trying to keep.

Was also looking at some old material I wrote up but never went much of anywhere with. Might dump those in samples.

Don't think I wrote anything Thursday? I know I didn't write anything yesterday, and today I got 8 words in. Might start reading Aerosteel from the beginning for proofreading and such since I've been having a lot of troubles trying to output.

Got 1320 words into my latest Castle fanfic today to wrap it up. Planning on going back through it tomorrow to edit, and maybe it'll be ready to post. I'm a little apprehensive about one of the scenes, but I'm using this as an opportunity to grow as a writer, so I've gotta press forward with it.

Started going through Aerosteel on Sunday until I got distracted by something, which also occupied me after work on Monday. Got 160 words in today which ended the act and started the new one. Thought of an event to insert somewhere and been kinda brainstorming/running one of the scenes in my head every now and then the past couple days.

My daily wordcount is up to a mimum of 250 so far this month, for a total of 3000 words in the last week. All Different Eyes, of course.

Finally finished the next chapter of Chaos Rising (Rocking with a Mountain Roc) done today. It was actually started a few days ago, but RL kept getting in the way, but I managed to finish it just a little while ago.

Anyway, Celtic and his party have to clean up yet another mess caused by the Legendary Stooges... err... Heroes, this time Ryan's mess. Ryan was tasked to retrieving a sacred item for a set of three villages but encountered a Mountain Roc by mistake, forcing him to kill it out of self-defense. However, he never reported it to the villages, and after he left, this angered its mate, who went on a rampage, forcing Celtic and his party to put an end to it. Celtic also learns a bit more about this world, such as species that are part of the Divine Beast classification, which includes Mountain Rocs, as well as the fact that all creatures from said classification can produce various magical cores that can be used for different purposes if one knows how to use it. Zuzu mentions that Sylph is after the Inferno Core from a Mountain Roc to help Infinator's revival, as she learned of this while spying on them so she could get her ill-fated one-on-one with Sylph. As a result, Celtic not only takes the male Mountain Roc's Inferno Core (and Flame Shards) from the beast he and his party slayed, but also the Inferno Core and Flame Shards from the female that Ryan killed, which the village had already gathered earlier when they learned of the situation, as keeping them with him will keep Sylph from getting one, as she's apparently afraid of Mountain Rocs, hence why she hasn't gotten an Inferno Core yet. Zuzu is also slowly warming up to the idea of being part of her new party and is proving very useful... especially since Celtic is a really good cook.

The next chapter, "Pirate Panic", is yet another episode of Celtic's unfortunate janitor duty with another Hero's mess (Jerry, in this case). Small wonder he always has some complaint (and insult) ready for his acidic tongue to fire off when he crosses paths with the other Heroes.

70 words in Aerosteel, which I'm pausing until I figure out when to do the amusement park stuff... There's a lot of availability in the upcoming holiday week, but it's likely that the park will be quite busy because of it... and after that, I only have four weekends before the rainy season begins (the weather's generally humid, maybe hot, but sometimes the rain is a bit unpredictable). I was going to work on Uncoloured today, but distractions and me getting drowsy fairly early.

Back
Top Bottom