• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Nothing except "notes" from my last post, but I have been thinking about the problem I mentioned. Deciding to go back and fix Electrowood because I can't find a logical/sensible/reasonable way around the problem. Since Uncoloured is caught up enough in timeline, I might cross over the chat, dunno yet. Much earlier than most of my posts, but I've been dealing with tendonitis in the elbow all day, and so I should probably rest as best as i can.

I looked at what I wrote yesterday morning, decided while I liked what I wrote, I didn't like the personality I set for the character. So I scrapped it all and wrote again this morning. I wrote about 3000 words, and just now looked at the time and was like "oh, yeah I should probably sleep."

lol does writing in your head count? I mentally wrote some ideas for when I pick up More Than RIbbons again

I'm joking, I'm joking, today I wrote out some more outline plans. Classwork is going to eat up most of my writing time, though, but that's fine.

Thursday: Nothing, but figured out the tendonitis was from my triceps and not from my wrist like i originally thought; it wasn't hurting all that bad, but I decided to not write.
Friday: Also nothing as the tendonitis was mostly gone but still kinda there.
Saturday: More nothing because I was offset the entire day. :/
Today: Hard to get a count because of all the shuffling/revising, but got the fix and such taken care of.

I think I was going to move Tsuguo into the new school year and then switch back to Electrowood? I'll figure it out tomorrow... ish...

Still daily DE, but now I've bumped the minimum wordcount to 100w/day. Over 300w yesterday. Going alright, all things considered.

Writing more parts of a full battle and coined the description "Gyarados of the Sky" for Hydregion.

Hammered out a few details in the fourth chapter of Like A Drum, and wrote about 200 words in my magical girl story.

118 words written today, finally. Got through a bit of Tsuguo's decision making on which group to hanami with (but not to her final decision).

Reworked last sentence from yesterday, 34 new words to get Tsuguo to a descision, and thought of the best compromise between what I originally wanted and "all is well".

9 words (better than [hoverable]nein[hovermsg]"no" in German[/hovermsg][/hoverable] words) because i had other stuff to take care of.

Nobody knows me here (yet), but i do write a fanfiction, and i wrote a whole chapter (roughly 3 pages) today! And then my computer crashed and i lost 3 pages of stuff. At least it will be easier to rewrite.

I wrote like, 4500 words of a personal fan-fiction project. I just needed to write without having to focus on the literate, just so I can get my brain moving. I ended up getting really into it and now it's 4 hours later and I still have to edit up my 500 word flash fiction piece.

Update: I finished editing my flash fiction piece. I knocked it down to 376 words. Flash fiction is actually pretty interesting and I think I want to do more pieces like this.

Last edited:
While I haven't written any full-length chapters lately, as I've been busy helping my folks a lot (especially since mom's eye surgery is coming up soon), I have been making multiple edits to the existing chapters in Chaos Rising. Mostly adding extra bits here and there, cleaning up some overlooked spelling/grammar errors, throwing in more descriptions and dialog, and so on, so I guess that's something of worth to mention. Just a few minutes ago I reworked certain bits in "Shadows at Dawn", adding in some extra details and dialog, including Skye giving Lucas (and, by extension, Veronica) both an armor-piercing question and a "reason you suck" speech a la Raphtalia to Motoyasu (which took up about 2/3rds of a page in the process), and before that I added in the description of the Korathan Whale in "Whale of a Tale", which I had forgotten to put in when I first wrote the chapter. So, while I haven't done any major writing in quite a while, I have been fixing problems, rewriting certain things, and adding extra content to existing chapters in order to make them read and flow better.

Finished the outline of the first 30 chapters of my Land of the Roses rewrite, and I've gotten back to work on it. I really should have been working on the outline sooner... I've got scattered notes and snippets from across those 30 chapters and I can't remember what I wanted to do with most of them, so what I'm planning now probably looks radically different from what I planned on back when I relaunched the story. The new plans all still fit the current chapters so hopefully the change in direction won't even be noticeable.

Speaking of getting back to work on it, I've got just under a thousand words today on specifically the chapter. I hope this momentum continues, because I'm sick of not working on my stuff.

Haven't written anything yet today as I just woke up lol. Gonna try and get chapter 2 of Fallen edited soon though.

Nothing written, but did think of a way to crossover one of the scenes with Electrowood I think I kinda mentioned... Or well, the event would be crossed over, but not the scene. Anyway, it also makes sense, so win-win, I guess. Shuffled a bit of notes around, added the aforementioned idea in, and added a bit of details about it.

Back
Top Bottom