• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Been on a bit of an unintended hiatus taking care of other stuff that took away from story-writing, though there were periods where I was too tired or unmotivated as well. I did start reading through Sunday, but didn't really get to continue on until a couple hours ago. Some dialogue tweaking and general edits going hand-in-hand with the reading too. Been kinda wondering if the bit of a slump I'm in is either hormone-related, some a sort of burnout since I've been writing for quite a while, both, or something I'm not aware of... But I digress.

Been on a bit of an unintended hiatus taking care of other stuff that took away from story-writing, though there were periods where I was too tired or unmotivated as well. I did start reading through Sunday, but didn't really get to continue on until a couple hours ago. Some dialogue tweaking and general edits going hand-in-hand with the reading too. Been kinda wondering if the bit of a slump I'm in is either hormone-related, some a sort of burnout since I've been writing for quite a while, both, or something I'm not aware of... But I digress.

Those slumps are always difficult to get past. I'm not sure if it will help, it only helps me half the time, but I recommend taking a few days off of writing. Spend a few days relaxing and even do some reading. Reading is always very good for us writers, and sometimes you just need to take a break from your own writing projects.

__

I fell asleep pretty early this morning, around midnight, so of course, I woke up around 3am and then I got inspired to write. I found a writing prompt that actually inspired me to write a scene from a novel idea I came up with over 6 years ago. I decided to completely redo one of the early scenes from the story I started for this idea back in 2014. I wrote about 2450 words for this scene rewrite, and I still have a bit more to go. It's actually kind of inspired me to go back to the idea and do some revisions to it to see what I can come up with.

Still proofreading and stuff, got through a lot more than the previous couple sessions. Going back through Electrowood is actually quite nice since quite a lot happened that I forgot about because of where I am in the story, and hardly feels like a chore. Oh yeah, also regenerated the results of the round-robin tournament due to how the story ended up going, so i wanted it to make a lot more sense.

I wrote out a rough plot summary for what I'm planning on writing for the summer one shot event. I think I have an idea that should be somewhat entertaining, I really hope it isn't too cliche though. It got me thinking more about pokemon though, something I haven't really done a whole lot of in a while. I guess I shouldn't say much more than that, lol

I wrote around 3000 more words on the scene I was working on yesterday. It's done now, and I might even add a few more scenes to it. I'm exhausted now I'm thinking about going through the old one and the new one side by side later today to see the difference. Heck, it might even inspire me to rewrite scenes of some of my other older works. It would be so fun (and also terrible because I'd have to read it) to rewrite scenes from stories I wrote 10+ years ago.

Last edited:
Galar's Darkest Hour's paragraphs and tone. Had help with a part of the story. Just a little problem rewriting it in the same way.

I look at a paragraph and think. What can be done?

[Proofreading intensifies], probably surprise to no one though, tweaks are also happening. Had some slight research sometime this week that ended up in me not doing anything to the sentence in question... though I might tweak it so it doesn't feel so out of place... Later though since I'm way past it.

Managed to finish the next chapter of Chaos Rising ("The Moonshadow Gear"). I had technically started it a few days ago, but RL kept getting in the way.

Anyway, the five Heroes and their parties are awaiting when Sylph will steal the Light Gem and for the necessary items to combat the problem are complete. While waiting, Celtic fully cements Zuzu's status as one of his party members with her own custom-made accessory (a strength-enhancing choker), much to her surprise, as she's never been given a gift in all 397 years of her life. We also learn that neither she nor Celtic are morning people, though the latter has been forced to grow out of it while on Zakota (must be a demon thing). Anyway, the Heroes also get their royal stipend for their efforts in Infinator's most recent wave. No surprise, Celtic gets the biggest amount, as he and his party did do pretty much all the work (and he's got the most mouths to feed, too), much to Lucas' protests. We also learn that the dragon soul stone that Celtic's Shroud absorbed was, in fact, one of the Dragon Emperors: Tiamat, the Dragon Emperor of Darkness, who, albeit reluctantly, offered some advice on how to help speed up the process of creating a replica Light Gem, since he and his fellow Dragon Emperors helped create them in the first place 4,000 years ago. He only was willing to part with this info because Celtic ultimately saved his soul by keeping it safe within his Shroud and they share a common enemy in Sylph, who was ultimately responsible for Tiamat's death at Ryan's hands. The following day, King Duskbane presents the Moonshadow Gear to the Heroes, stating its functions, but also warning that everyone will need to be medically treated afterward, as the intense Light energies from the Light Lighthouse could cause long-term harm if not taken care of right away even with the Moonshadow Gear reducing the effects and intake. He also confirms Celtic's and Zuzu's theory about Infinator's attacks being at specific locations where past gateways to the Demon Realm were, proving that Infinator is indeed trying to regain access to the Demon Realm for more power, resources, and minions. Now, everyone has to wait until Sylph makes her move and the Druids complete the Light Gem replica. The next chapter, "The Light Lighthouse", will signal the next stage in Infinator's plans.

Tweaking a lot of Keiji's older dialogue to match the newer stuff as I read through. Getting close to where I left off writing, so I guess continuing writing will depend on how I feel when I finish reading.

Over 4000 words today! Huge chunks of the first part of the second segment of next fic, which may end up getting split into four parts given it's as big as the first segment with only one scene started on the third part (and second mostly finished). Besides that, tiny little bits of the third and fourth that game to mind on the side. Quickly getting out of hand, heh.

The day's not done yet either. Still feeling a bit more in me. When I get done with said part, I hopefully will start on the contest thingy.

Yesterday I did 3000ish or so. And today I got over 5000. I am on FIRE! Month 2.rtf is presently 143KB large - and I still have more to go, eesh. The rest shouldn't be that insanely huge (92.1KB for 1). They'll be split into shorter chapters of course. Also I did a sentence in my contest thing. Small steps, but if I can apply this pace there I can bang that one out in no time.

Yesterday wrote a little before my dentist appointment (to get tooth extracted and dental implant placed, but the latter didn't happen), don't remember how much, but I ended up fixing some dialogue because of figuring out details I forgot about, which made the transition I kinda had a problem with much smoother. Couldn't write much afterwards because I needed to focus on what I was doing with my mouth to avoid complications and my head was a little foggy as well.

Wrote a bit today, but feel weird about it because I had stopped watching Avatar: The Last Airbender and the dialogue I was writing were being voiced in my head by a couple of those characters instead of the blankness that's usually in my head.

Last edited:
Wrote a bit yesterday and did some research to get to a stopping point because I was drawing blanks on where the scene was going. That's what I get for the very intermittent work I've been doing lately. Research also allowed me to add another scene to my notes. Got 542 words in today, and the scene I had in my notes didn't go as I imagined, but with how vague it is in my notes, it pretty much follows it. I pretty much noticed I missed a part of the notes, so I'll have to go over what I wrote to see if I can shove it in there or if I just let it go instead. Dialogue went in a bit of a weird direction, but I don't have much of Keiji's personality fleshed out, so I think it might be fitting enough for now... If anything I can always fix it later. X)

Back
Top Bottom