• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Some wordage Tuesday (forums ate my draft which had my word count and whatever of it that it was of), nothing Wednesday because of something I don't remember, nothing from Thursday to Saturday because doing stuff with computer (file copies, the computer going down, getting fixed, and rebuild), and 38 today trying to get back into it.

After a brief hiatus (mainly due to the family dog dying) I finally managed to get back to writing. Completed the next chapter of Chaos Rising (The Light Lighthouse). Sylph has made her move and stole the Light Gem, causing the Light Lighthouse to "activate", which will have long-term consequences if not plugged up again. The sudden activation forced the Druids (and any other settlement near the area of the Light Lighthouse) to be evacuated and temporarily relocated to Shadoria. Celtic also ends up meeting his Druid aunt and his mother's sister; Queen Rease, who also reveals that the Druid Kingdom is a Matriarchy. Queen Rease is happy to see her long-lost nephew again but the reunion has to be cut short so the Heroes can prepare to stop the Light Lighthouse. Not long after the Druids finish the Light Gem replica, while also stating that they're creating a perfect copy for later so the good guys side won't have to waste any energy trying to retrieve the original from Sylph and Infinator, instead opting to destroy the original for good measures. Now, with the Moonshadow Gear and Light Gem replica ready, the Heroes are mobilized. However, only the Shroud Hero's party makes it through the rampaging Light energies and to the Light Lighthouse, as the other Heroes couldn't make it. Celtic succeeds in placing the Light Gem replica in place and stops the Light Lighthouse. After being medically treated, everyone is looking forward to a breakfast feast, but Celtic is concerned about the long-term effects of the Light Lighthouse's activation. The next chapter, "Rise of the Elements", will be the start of the next arc and the start of the long-term effects caused by the Light Lighthouse. Namely... the return of the Spiria and the problems they'll unintentionally bring with them.

289 words getting very close to the event happening. Been trying to run it over in my head on the way to work, but I end up running over a scene for my unwritten pokéfic... C'est la vie.

Okay, got the next chapter of Chaos Rising done ("Rise of the Elements"). This is the debut of the Spiria, along with the start of what they unintentionally do to the war.

While on a job, Celtic and his party get an unknown hitchhiker: a Wind Spiria named Gust. Since the Spiria went "extinct" 2500 years ago, their sudden reappearance is a major deal, as even just one Spiria can turn a single person into a one-man army. The party deduces that the "activation" of the Light Lighthouse, along with the sudden surge in elemental energy, may have awakened the Spiria from a long hibernation. Gust bonds with Celtic and grants him new power. The party reports this to King Alvin and King Duskbane, both of which realize the importance of the Spiria's return. This also means that the Spiria will become an arms race for both sides, and could even cause some friction between the nations of Zakota in the process. What does this mean for future battles? The next chapter, "Flight of the Spiria" starts the long-term effects of the Spiria's return.

73 words to get to the cusp of the event, which I guess I wasn't entirely ready to write (aside from the lack of focus I was having).

Got the next chapter of Chaos Rising done this morning ("Flight of the Spiria").

News has spread extremely quickly about Celtic's "discovery" of the Spiria. The party is confronted by Lucas and his party. Lucas gushes over Gust for its cuteness but the Spiria shows its distain for him and hisses threateningly at him. Celtic states that Spiria have high standards, thus people who are "unworthy" of them won't get any respect from them. Wench makes a nasty remark that causes Gust to attack her by summoning a small tornado to take her for a spin before slamming her into a tree. Lucas and his party vow to find their own Spiria to show up Celtic (as usual). That night the party gets a surprise visitor: a Water Spiria named Torrent appears and bonds with Skye, having noticed her earlier but remained hidden to avoid being detected by Lucas or Wench until it was safe. We also learn Skye's cup size in the process. While the party has high hopes for bonding with more Spiria, Zuzu writes herself off as unworthy because she considers herself a rogue element at best, though the party disagrees. Sure enough, while on another guild request the following day, a Lightning Spiria named Jolt appears and takes refuge with Zuzu in order to hide from Lucas and his party. Skye leads the arrogant Spear Hero off the Spiria's trail by sending him on a wild goose chase, covering up the fact that the Spiria is hiding in Zuzu's hair. After he and his party leave, Jolt emerges and bonds with Zuzu, much to her surprise, proving that she is, indeed, worthy of the legendary creatures. The party realizes that, at the rate they're going, they all may end up with a Spiria soon enough before resuming their quest. The next chapter, "Wings of Destruction" marks the next Infinator wave. Will the new Spiria help tip the scales in the Heroes' favor against Infinator's forces?

Managed to get another chapter in Chaos Rising done today ("Wings of Destruction"), though I'm now exhausted. Especially since this chapter ended up 28 pages, my longest in a while.

Anyway, Celtic and his party are preparing for the next Infinator wave. By that point every member of the party acquired one Spiria each: Viola got a Nature Spiria named Mint, Leon got a Fire Spiria named Fever, Rupert got a Earth Spiria named Clay, and Tyroe got a Ice Spiria named Chill. And the other Heroes... got instantly rejected by any and all Spiria they tried to catch, thus they don't have even one. Ike and his band of soldiers and mages request that they join Celtic for this next fight as thanks for him unintentionally giving them better lives as part of Delgunner's forces, which Celtic accepts. The next wave strikes not long after and the group is against another Demon General: a trans-mutated Mountain Roc known as General Adelram (it means "Noble Crow", which is somewhat fitting for a bird monster who is part of an army). Adelram pretty much whups the other Heroes, insulting them the whole time, while Celtic and his party show them how it's done. General Adelram realizes that Zuzu is part of Celtic's party and learned she had spied on Sylph and Infinator, thereby passing on vital information to the good guys, so he plans to kill her to make amends for Sylph sparing her after she crushed the Succuryn a ways back. Too bad for him the Shroud Hero's party proved to be too much, with Zuzu dealing the killing blow via Iron Maiden of Demon's Wrath. They collect his strange Inferno Core and Flame Shards to take to King Duskbane for his advice while the other Heroes fight over the molted feathers as they can fetch a small fortune. The next chapter, "Clowning Around", is one where Lucas and Wench try to take revenge on Celtic by preying upon his fear. Will they succeed?

204 words getting things started... probably closer to mid-event? Anyway, lost the train of thought after dinner when I had to rush through answering questions about the excerpt I needed help with, but their feedback was quite helpful. Also thought of a way to follow up the event which I'll have to think about more when I finish the event.

Okay, got the next chapter of Chaos Rising done today ("Clowning Around"). Ended up longer than I thought it would be, about 20 pages, but whatever.

Anyway, Wench wants revenge on Celtic for everything she claims he's done to her (when it was really just him retaliating to her vile, evil schemes against him). A traveling merchant sells her an item called a "Fun Box", which summons four monsters that take the form (or close enough) to the target's fear as a prank. Wench gets Lucas, who also wants to 1-up Celtic, to join in on the dirty scheme, much to the rest of his party's disgust. They encounter Celtic and activate the Fun Box, releasing a pair of Harlikills and a pair of Killjoys, two types of monster clowns in order to prey upon Celtic's fear of them. A vengeful Skye retaliates viciously while Celtic rejects his party's help in order to face his fear himself, succeeding in the task. In a rare show of compassion, Ryan, Eric, and Jerry take Celtic's side on this, clearly disgusted at the Spear Hero. King Alvin and eventually King Duskbane learn of the scheme, are are beyond livid, especially since it also risked the safety of civilians. Duskbane in particular becomes downright murderous, appearing in his monstrous Assault Mode form and pretty much has Lucas and Wench at his mercy for violating his nephew. The two of them are only spared because King Alvin requested King Duskbane to, as he has other punishments for them. Plus, there is also the fact that if even one Legendary Hero dies, Infinator's waves will get substantially worse, which makes Lucas a bit too valuable to kill even though Duskbane said it would be worth it. The demon king relents and lets them go, reassures his nephew that Celtic can call upon him or Wuya at any time before returning to Shadoria, ultimately ending the incident. The next chapter, "Gram the Gallant", will debut a new and soon-to-be recurring character who could become a potential ally to our heroes.

Spent the way to work figuring out what I needed to continue the scene and remembered a way that would make the most sense, 398 words getting past it. Now just need some slight stuff after it and then see if I want to do the follow-up stuff before I poke around in my notes.

Wrote the next chapter in Chaos Rising ("Gram the Gallant"). Ended up a bit longer than expected, about 22 pages. That's also my sixth chapter in five days. I'm getting worn out.

Anyway, the Heroes are given their royal stipends from King Alvin for their efforts in the recent wave. As punishment for the Fun Box incident, Lucas receives the smallest reward while Celtic gets the largest, though King Alvin tells Lucas that he should be more grateful that he got anything at all. Especially since those monster clowns could've done greater damage, with Ryan, Eric and Jerry backing King Alvin and Celtic up. It appears though Wench wants revenge again, though she doesn't act out just yet. A while later a warrior from the Flugel Kingdom name Gram appears, wielding a weapon called the Zenithton Blade, said to have been the first design for the Legendary Sword but ultimately ended up its own weapon. When he sees Celtic's party he picks a fight with the Shroud Hero because he made a snap judgment about Skye's status as a slave. Celtic humiliates him in a street duel in nearly the same manner that Kazuma from Kono Suba did to Kyouya, taking his sword as part of the wager for the fight. Gram ends up getting bad information from, who else, the Spear Hero and tries to pick another fight only for Celtic and his party to pretty much spell out the truth to him, much to his shock. He is humbled and apologizes for his unjustified aggressions. Celtic then proceeds to give him the same lesson he's been trying to teach the other Heroes about what it truly means to be a warrior and a hero and not relying on a weapon's raw power and default strengths. Unlike them, Gram takes his lesson to heart and vows to become a better, stronger person. The Shroud Hero's party also reveals to Gram about the Spiria returning, even revealing that they all acquired a second Spiria. Gram vows to become a true warrior and takes Celtic's advice, to which the latter returns the former's sword out of good will, though not before trolling him a bit for his amusement. Promising to become an ally to Celtic for setting him on the right path Gram and his party leave on good terms. The next chapter, "The Devil's Maze", will be yet another "competition" between the Shroud and Spear Heroes. What will it be this time?

Last edited:
Poked around in the timeline notes yesterday and transferred stuff to the main notes so I don't have to dig so much, 290 words today finishing the slight post-event stuff. Probably will narrate through the follow-up stuff and whatever little bits i pulled out of the timeline that I can get away with tomorrow.

100 words for the follow-up stuff, decided I should probably expand one of the events instead of narrating through it. Got all the poems typed up for my poem anthology addendum. I'll have to go through it when I've got a full head before I do all the stuff.

Cleaned up the addendum to post it, 139 words to get to the point where it becomes more dialogue than narration.

Back
Top Bottom