• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

At the beginning of the event (they just got there), and started getting a thing in motion. 163 words.

Distractions, research, and "worldbuilding" yesterday. 180 words of dialogue that'll need some tweaking later, but gets things moving along until I'll need to stop to finish the "worldbuilding".

Got some more wordbuilding. In my headcanon, I see pokemart as a pokemon version of Wallgreens, due to both being medicine supply stores with a variety of items. Since the pokemart is now inside of a pokemon center along with another counter and Nurse Joy, I can't imagine it being too huge like Walmart and Petco. It could be just a counter where you go get your medicine like you do at Wallgreens. The best I can do is to add a retail store that is similar to Petco/Walmart.

If the pokemart and pokemon center are seperated like in past games, it could be a hybrid of Wallgreens and a bit of Petco where they sell pet supplies (bowls, food, toys, etc) and is a bit more bigger with more items.

Reading creativelover93's post gave me an idea to maybe have my Pokécentres be a sort of a "walk-in clinic" for simple and non-urgent treatments, as well as quick check-ups (maybe). I was originally going to get rid of the nurse in the Pokécentre and have hospitals and urgent cares take care of pokémon treatment, but I think having something low-priority makes more sense than not having it. Luckily my pokéfic is still as notation, so I've time to figure stuff out before I start on it (whenever that is).

Couldn't really get anything written yesterday because I spent most of my day working on my computer (nothing bad, just getting the internals set up the way I wanted it to be), which left me too exhausted to write when I was done (had to pick up, put down, and rotate my computer a lot). Slow start today, but got a couple hundred words in finishing the dialogue up and getting people moving.

Wrote the next chapter of Chaos Rising today ("The Heart of a Hybrid"). Turned out longer than expected, about 21 pages, as I was expecting it be more like 12 or so.

Anyway, Celtic and his party are recruited to recover and artifact that was stolen from a village near the Delgunner/Shadoria border. Turns out it was a trap planned by Sylph to try to eliminate Celtic and his party. She sends out some minions after Celtic's party but gets stuck in a fight with Zuzu. Much to her horror, Zuzu is winning the fight, having become much stronger and smarter under Celtic's command, and starts to panic at the thought of losing. In a last ditch attempt to get out of the fight Sylph sucker punches the party by killing Skye in order to cover up her escape, learning about the Spiria in the process. King Duskbane arrives and tells Celtic that he can save Skye from the abyss of death, though it will be costly to him. Using demon magic Celtic transplants one of his seven hearts into Skye, reviving her. They are all taken to Shadoria so Celtic and Skye can get medical treatment. Turns out Skye gained a lot from her new demon heart while Celtic lost 25 years off his 600 year lifespan, though he's fine with it. After treatment is complete they return to Delgunner just in time for Skye to beat up Wench for celebrating Skye's death, as some of the info regarding the event got lost in the gossip, thus Wench didn't get the whole story. Lucas, Sludge, and Wimp do not defend Wench and allow Skye free reign to beat up her evil older sister, much to Wench's horror. As this happens, Celtic reveals to Sludge that he plans on trying to save Jade, Sludge's wife, from Infinator's trans-mutation process, for Skye's sake. This makes Sludge contemplate if he's had the wrong idea about the Shroud and wonders if switching to Celtic's side would benefit him. The next chapter, "Dragons of the Black Fog", is an idea that's not mine, but another user's from another hangout of mine, involving mysterious dragons causing trouble that Celtic has to sort out.

Back in action! 2.2k words today, maybe more. Making excellent progress on month 3, which is looking like it'll be a four-parter. I'll probably start on some month 1 editing after I get at least the first two parts fully drafted. Tile is sitting at 56.0KB right now, including some battlecrafting notes in the second half.

Since the pilot chapter was pretty well-received, I've know begun a second chapter.

Exciting times.

I'm currently writing a Muk fighting like it's some fusion of Majin Buu and an ARMS character, and I was not expecting it.

@Juliko
1603003671737.png

Finally got around to the main plot of my SWSH fanfic. It's about teamwork and sportsmanship, but it's also about toxic relationships. Don't worry, it's not about trainers abusing pokemon or parents being abusive to thier own children. It's just about a former friend manipulating them for thier own selfish needs. However, one pokemon will abandon its trainer, but it's for a different reason and is treated as a secondary antagonist. One of the main character's family is involved with a feud with another family. Also, the main antagonist is a young child/teen who is related to a evil family. I don't see a lot of pokefics making young children/teens as main villians instead of grown adults we're all familar with.

I wrote and published another portion my Evil Champion SwSh storyline.

This part dealt with Sonia and how she began to lose her confidence in her abilities on the league challenge. Also a lot of Kabu being league dad and looking out for baby Sonia, Leon, Raihan and Nessa

I'm writing another fight scene (a short one since one of the characters is mad overpowered) and I just got to a part where a guy's back is sliced open (don't worry, I don't describe it in detail. I just say "his back is sliced open") and now I feel a tingling sensation all over my back.

Forums ate my post draft again... Pretty much writing stuff writing stuff since Sunday last week, except for Friday. Probably continue narrating to get to where the group meets up again, and then I'll need to do the "worldbuilding" to be able to continue. Also have irl stuff to take care of this week-ish, so hopefully that doesn't eat into too much of my writing time...

I write the final part of the middle of a Ash v Cross battle where Muk reveals he can use Moonblast and baffles everyone, including Cross, that he can pull it off.

Couldn't really write the past couple days (after doing the thing I had to take care of... distractions), and was able to pick up today with 441 words to get pretty close to the point where I have to do the "world building". Need to figure out the host's introduction, and in the state I'm currently in, it's easier said than done.

Back
Top Bottom