• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

92 words to finish the conversation, but I don't feel satisfied with it for some reason.

Honestly I keep scribbling stuff down for a half-idea about a 'Meta Club' (A club in a high school of a super X over setting where you throw a Riordanverse Demigod, a Stand User, a Demon Weapon and Meister, a DxD devil, and quite possibly a duel monsters player, ex hand ninja, and whatever else I can think of in a club and tell them to play nice).

The Stand User, naturally, has the stand 'Crawling in My Skin'.

What is a good point to make multiple parts within a chapter?
The reason I ask is beacuase I am working on a fanfic based around Breath of the Wild. I plan on having Link visit all four shrines on the Great Plateau. Problem is, if I have it all in one chapter, it would be way too long.
Wrong thread, my dude.

Got inspired by the Fanfic Wit subreddit to finally write the oneshot based off a comic chapter last night, and somehow ended up writing 14 pages of words in one sitting before I forced myself to go to bed.

I’m currently just copying all that, with some tweaks, to the google doc I had planned for it, and already this dumb fic is some 1900+ words long, and I’m only seven pages in. The next scene (comprising the next 7 pages and is still incomplete) is probably going to be the bane of my existence, wish me luck.

Update: Okay, I’ve kinda-sorta copied whatever I have written for the long scene onto my doc, and am still in disbelief about how I managed to write about 2.8k words last night while sleep deprived and absolutely off my shit. My usual chapters are never that long...well, now to improv whatever‘s left of this hurt-no-comfort bullshit that I need to tell! *dies slightly on the inside*

Last edited:
Started bashing out some more solid character concepts and arcs for a different, much more intentionally structured story than Shadows. Not a ton, but I've got a decent picture of each character and where their stories are gonna go in my head. I still need to give them names outside of their titles, but I always suck at that, theoretically I'll come up with something fitting for each of them eventually, and if not, well, we've got a thread for that.

Doing some holiday snippets, the one today being about Froakie and Sycamore pre Ash. Main interesting take aways being the Professor pondering if an experienced trainer would be better for Froakie than a rookie and Froakie implying one of his earlier trainers became a Team Flare Grunt before he left but said direction was among the reason he did leave.

Tweaked the dialogue to something I feel a little better about, but I don't feel 100% to be able to tell if I like it or I can accept it. Had an unintended hiatus because I haven't been feeling that well, and I felt better today, but had other things to take care of, so I didn't have a chance to write.

Decided to write out the remainder of what I had left to scribble down in a notebook, if only because I’m not entirely sure whether I’d like my first draft of the last part, so I’ll probably change some things as I copy down the last...*checks notebook*...excuse me, why does this relatively short sequence take up four pages?

Oh well, guess I’ll have a 3k+ word something for myself after I’m done with this.

Update: Finally done forever with this nearly 3.5k word oneshot, now I can forget about it for the rest of my life until ten years later when I’m looking back upon this wild period of my life, or tomorrow, depending on which arrives first.

Last edited:
More personalities for pokemon are planned for SWSH fic.

1. Vanilluxe (M): He is cold and distant towards strangers due to fear of being judged for his appearance . He's really emotionless, unresponsive, harsh and a bit dismissive but acts caring, friendly and warm towards the ones he's very close to.

2. Noctowl (M): A smart alec owl who thinks he is intelligent and has a high or low opinion on everyone and everything.

3. Dubwool (F): She loves to style her "braids" into cute little bows and ribbons. She loves the outdoors and getting her "hooves" dirty no matter. She tends to roll around in a ball, in which it can become in handy in some situations.

4. Poltergeist (N/A): It loves tea parties whether it be real or pretend. It appears to be very sophisticated and snooty but he loves making pleasant conversations and is willing to give people advice.

Planned out the multi-chapter second-person-perspective fic that my sleep-deprived brain demanded me to immediately write out on a notebook last night.

I have some regrets, namely challenging myself to write from the perspective of the character who I really do not understand fully, and finding moments where I might have to improvise dialogue and scenes. I’ll figure the entire thing out as I go.

Last night I came up with an idea for a short, holiday-themed story. Some of my biggest guilty pleasures are cheesy romantic books and Christmas stories, so I am mixing the two together and am going to try and write a 4 chapter romantic Christmas flick in 5 days.

After plotting it out, I wrote 1357 words today, finishing up the first half of chapter 1.

Attempting to get into the habit of writing stuff for my longfic, as well as two or so other plot ideas that spawned from the previous oneshot I wrote, daily. Scribbled out a sorta-outline for everything I have planned in the wee hours of the morning today, and I’m going to call it a night writing chapter...8 of the longfic at eight paragraphs in. I’m personally surprised/terrified that I wrote almost two pages for one scene where the protagonist is...literally just sitting in one spot and doing almost nothing.

I might continue on the chapter later tonight, who knows.

Jotted notes for a plot bunny that I might/might not write while in this doldrum sorta thing.

Started writing out the tail end of “rising star, falling star”, another oneshot I had planned to write, if only because I don’t want to focus on the longfic (which I’ll just call adventures in grief and discovery for reference sake) today. Wrote three pages, might write more later.

God, do I hate writing dialogue in all caps, especially on a notebook...

Back
Top Bottom