• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

183 words yesterday, 357 today to finish the scene off in Electrowood, and decided to go ahead with that one scene that kept moving in my notes (I had ran the main part of the scene in my head sometime ago that would likely work the best, which is what I'm goign to go with). Did some slight proofreading and tweaking in Aerosteel while looking for some info within it.

Finished up a 2.1k self-indulgent little world building/relationship dynamic thing between two OCs, and then started a new OC-centric oneshot mainly featuring humor and snarky jabs at each other’s homes.

Wrote around 3k yesterday, 1k for my current horror fic Wysteria Files, and another 2k for the adaptation I'm doing of a Pokemon RP campaign into fic form. Hopefully I can follow those numbers today too.

I think I'm gonna call it a day at 164 words. Thought about the aforementioned scene earlier today and realised it would probably be hard to get enough text out of it, and that it would probably be something better suited to throw into a time-skipping narration lump. I was kinda thinking to do so, but it felt out of place, so, for the time being, I decided to just put the notes of it with the other back burner notes I have.

Finally decided I was salty enough to start writing a oneshot centered around the aftermath of two side OCs in a comic dying, because they’re some of my favorite characters for some reason? Wrote about six pages of that, including two pages of purely dialogue because at some point my brain stopped wanting to add anything else.

359 words of dialogue today which probably finishes the scene, and might have section break after it (I'll think about it more tomorrow). Upcoming scene will probably be lengthy, but will have to see what happens. A couple scenes after that and I'm thinking I can pretty much narrate to the end of the act, but one thing at a time, I guess. X)

Managed to write the next chapter in Chaos Rising ("The Will of the Spiria"). Technically, I started it on Monday but I wasn't feeling well both Monday and yesterday so I didn't get much done, resulting in me finishing it today while I felt better. It's probably the pandemic getting to me again, since it limits my freedoms. Anyway, on with the show.

We start off with Infinator talking to Sylph. While he's not scolding her for her attempt to recruit the Calamadon Demon from before, he does say she should've known better than to expect such an unintelligent, instinct-driven creature would listen to her. However, he sends her off on an errand to complete, as they're still waiting for former Queen Jade to finish trans-mutating. At the time, Skye decides to use her newfound Illusion magic to... prank the other Heroes, mostly pulling their pants down to get a cheap laugh, something that the rest of her party can't help but enjoy. However, that's put on hold as the Shadow Sentinels have detected Sylph in the same mineshaft that she ambushed the party once before, when she killed Skye before Celtic revived her. The party is instructed to confront her and stop her from doing whatever she's doing. However, while in the mineshaft, Celtic gets a bit rattled by certain monsters, specifically Gengar Bats, Moonlight Creepers, and Ghost Mages, using psychological warfare on him by preying upon his fear of getting betrayed and abandoned again, by using his party's voices to shake him. Fortunately the party cuts through it and calms Celtic down, as it's apparent that his trust issues are still a part of his shattered mind, reassuring him they'd never betray him. This, however, alerted Sylph to their presence and they start to fight. Only for the fight to get interrupted before it could begin as Sylph's three Spiria abandon her and instead bond with Rupert, Viola, and Zuzu, thereby confirming that Spiria won't be loyal if they're acquired through battle. Only if they bond with someone on their own accord will their loyalty be guaranteed. This means that Sylph not only got cut back down to normal levels, but her enemies were now stronger. She tries to summon Skeleton Soldiers to distract them but Celtic's Soulavore Shroud "eats" the undead minions and converts them into Energy Points for his Shroud to use. In a panic Sylph tries to gather up what she had harvested but Tyroe and Zuzu cut her off from most of the items she got, forcing her to grab what she could and flee. The party takes the items she was gathering, which was a combination of rare ores, crystals, gems, and various monster drops, for themselves, before reporting back to King Alvin. The next chapter, "Robert Strikes Back", feature the return of the disgraced Templar Knight Robert, in another attempt to get rid of Celtic and Leon, as well as continue his mission, whatever that is.

Added a bit to the previously-written dialogue and tweaked a bit of it, I think. Also had thought about a minor detail earlier today that I could explain, and, for now, put the notes within a comment near dialogue where I could explain it. I think it should be fine without the explanation, but it could be of a little value to add it, even for a somewhat-minor character. Writing the scene is a bit slow for the moment (88 words today), since there was a part I didn't consider, but should pick up once I get it worked out.

Finally decided to finish editing chapter 4 of The Stasis Prophecy after several months of hiatus, ended up with an almost 5.5k chapter because the goddamn characters just had to manifest personality and write the dialogue themselves. Screw them.

Currently working on Chapter 93 of my on-going The Legend of Zelda story, Heart of The Desert. It's an Ocarina of Time sequel about Link becoming the new Gerudo King after getting Ganondorf captured.

This current chapter is a request I'm doing on behalf of a dedicated follower while I take a small break from the next major story arc, about a knight who's come to challenge Link to a duel to the death to prevent him from negotiating a peace treaty with Hyrule.

Wrote the next chapter of Chaos Rising today ("Robert Strikes Back").

The chapter starts with Celtic going over his Shroud's abilities, revealing that he had gotten several new ones from the items they liberated from Sylph along with revealing a few others he got off-screen. He's also trying to figure out where to put the new Energy Points that the Soulavore Shroud obtained from its Undead Eat ability. During a conversation with the party Celtic reveals part of his past, which was the day he not only snapped and awoke his hybrid blood for the first time, but it was the catalyst that turned him into his current-day self, much to everyone's shock at how badly he was mistreated for such petty reasons. Everything is put on hold as a Shadow Sentinel needs to take the party to stop Robert's attack on a small village in the Flugel Kingdom, which is revealed that he knew they'd respond to an attack so he picked on a defenseless village to lure them out. He tries using monster armies that he has under his control thanks to, once again, items like Monster Tamer Flutes, only for the monster army to be cut down like wet tissue paper, as he was clearly not expecting them to be that strong. After even his trump card, a Tankor Controller, which summoned a Dark Tankor machine monster, ended up failing, he quickly fled, vowing revenge. Celtic and his party helped tend to the villagers and cleaned up the mess, with the village leader giving Celtic a Merchant Pass that would not only allow him to pass any tolls in the kingdom for free, but give him a discount at all item shops in the kingdom, which Celtic accepts as his payment, as the village needs their money to rebuild. After reporting back to King Alvin he promises them a nice, big meal as a reward. The next chapter, "The Return of the Generals", brings back some old faces who were supposed to be dead. What does this mean for the future?

Forgive the double post but I managed to finish the next chapter of Chaos Rising ("The Return of the Generals"). While it's a bit short it also acts as the Season 2 finale, setting up the next arc.

Anyway, Infinator and Sylph are up to a new plan. They know that they need to stall for time until they can go to the next step, so they cooked up a devious plan to not only buy time but also test the Heroes. It's not until the following day the Heroes learn what it is: the Demon Generals have been reborn! Or, more accurately, cloned from their previous selves using demon magic. But not only do they retain all their memories, but they're stronger than before, too. General Alastor makes his grand return and attacks the Heroes in Delgunner's capital itself, sending an army of various types of Phantom Bats to keep his prey busy while he makes his move. Celtic uses Taunt Pulse to distract the different breeds of Phantom Bats by drawing them to him while everyone one else focuses on General Alastor. In the process Celtic gets to use two of his newest Shrouds: the Gengar Bat Shroud and the Dark Tankor Shroud, weakening General Alastor to the point he can be killed. However, when the other Heroes try to kill the now weakened Demon General, Sylph swoops in and saves him before using a Teleport Crystal to escape with the Shade Wing in tow. Celtic realizes that Infinator now has the means to keep recreating his Demon Generals and making them stronger in the process, which means the war has just gotten kicked up a few notches. The next chapter, "Hunt for the Karma Beasts", is not only the Season 3 opener, but it starts the next arc in the series. What will Season 3 bring our Heroes? We shall see.

Wrote 150 words that I'm keeping, and 151 that'll change. Worked out the problem I had yesterday while getting to sleep (go figure), and then wrote it in earlier. Narrated a bit of timeskipping to get to the next part of my notes, and I started thinking to push the (in-story) date of the scene by a week because the dialogue kinda dies off too quickly and I felt like it'd interrupt the flow too much (and should also be easier to write). Decided to go forth with it and wrote some in-story notes of what I thought of, since I don't have the energy to revise/partially rewrite the scene.

Spontaneously decided that even though I keep thinking about aigad and rsfs, maybe I don’t want to write either (aigad too hard, rsfs too...eh), so even though I came up with a whole scene in my head earlier today for aigad chapter 1, my brain instead decided to write 394 words for a small OC drabble where the character in question looks at themself in the mirror and then leaves to get a coffee.

Tl;dr: adhd for the win.

Wrote the next chapter and Season 3 opener of Chaos Rising ("The Hunt for the Karma Beasts"). It's mostly a setup chapter but it starts the next major arc: the Karma Beast arc.

Anyway, it opens with Celtic's party getting some weapon and gear upgrades, though Tyroe ends up out of luck when it comes to new maces/morningstars. Danial suggests that Tyroe upgrade to hammers or axes instead. Upon this suggestion Celtic remembers that he acquired a rare hammer way back when he was training in the Demon Realm as a rare monster drop which was stored in the Shroud's special inventory due to how the Legendary Gear work: a Colossus Hammer, and gives to Tyroe. While the party discusses on what to do about the current problem with Infinator's Generals Danial mentions the legend of the Karma Diamonds, saying that they might have the power needed to solve their problem. The party decides to investigate and pass on the possibility of the Karma Diamonds to Queen Amelia, who passes it on to King Alvin, who is in a world forum meeting with many of the major world leaders. Afterward Celtic has to run a personal errand, telling his party to just relax in their guest bedroom until he gets back. When he does he mentioned he ran into Ike's parents and they gave him a gift as thanks for everything he's done for them: a magic chess set... that got accidentally destroyed by a runaway horse and cart, though Celtic finds a way of using the gift anyway: by having the Shroud absorb it and create a new, and apparently very powerful, Shroud form. Just then they hear from Prince Karl with big news: Queen Rease has confirmed that the Karma Beasts and Karma Diamonds do exist, though she needs to find the old maps and documents back in her study in Wichwoode first. This means the Heroes' next objective is set: find the Karma Beasts and obtain the Karma Diamonds that they protect. The next chapter, "Going Hog Wild", features Celtic and his party hunting down their assigned Karma Beast: the Karma Boar.

Some research and notes Friday, nothing Saturday, and 569 words today.

Wrote the next chapter of Chaos Rising ("Going Hog Wild") this morning. Also, thanks to a friend from another hangout of mine I finally got my five Karma Beasts, even replacing one with another due to his suggestion.

Anyway, the Heroes are told their next objective: find the five Karma Beasts and obtain the Karma Diamonds they guard. The five Karma Beasts are the Boar, the Ox, the Cobra, the Crab, and the (Hercules) Beetle, and the Hero who get which beast are Celtic, Ryan, Lucas, Jerry, and Eric, respectively, though Wench is far from happy about her party's beast (she hates snakes). Because of the dangers they'll face, especially since these locations are virtually uncharted, they're given special bracelets that'll eject them from the mission and bring them back to Delgunner if they end up in over their heads. Shadow Sentinels bring them to their respective starting locations, with Celtic and his party ending up in a jungle. With Viola acting as the navigator (she has the best sense of direction and is very good with maps), the party begins their search for the Karma Boar. They encounter some new monsters, most notably the Bronze and Silver Boars, part of the Metal Boar family. Like with the Clobbsters, the Metal Boar family are also edible monsters, so Celtic and his party take advantage of the virtually free meat the boars provide to give them extra food supplies. We also learn more about Celtic's cooking ability, as he was not only already a good cook but certain Shrouds, such as the various Monster Egg Shrouds and the newly acquired Metal Boar Shrouds enhanced his cooking ability significantly. Since this trip will take at least a few days the party knew to prepare, so they're taking advantage of what they can get along the way. After camping for the night Skye silently wonders if her birthday, which is the next day, will be better than her past ones since she now has real friends who care about her. The next chapter, "Full-Boar Action", continues the party's journey into the uncharted jungle to find the Karma Boar. Will they succeed? And will Skye get a decent birthday for a change?

Forgive the double post but I got the next chapter of Chaos Rising done today ("Full-Boar Action"). It helps that I now have a new seat cushion for my office chair, as it was starting to get painful to sit in it.

Anyway, the party resumes their mission to find the Karma Boar and the Karma Diamond it guards. They encounter new monsters along the way, with Celtic gaining new Shroud forms, along with several new items like Greasy Roasts. Like before with the Bronze and Silver Boars, the party takes advantage of the fact that Gold and later Platinum Boars are also edible, along with the large amount of fruit they've found in the jungle, which includes Mind Apples and Brain Bananas, which permanently boost stats, they now have ample amount of food to keep even two hungry demons and a very hungry naga well-fed. Because they ended up making better time than expected they decide to make camp earlier than normal while in a small fruit tree grove so they'll be better rested and map out a battle plan for the fight with the Karma Boar. They then celebrate Skye's birthday, and Celtic even got her a cake, which was the personal errand he ran a few chapters ago. Needless to say, after several terrible birthdays, one of which was spent in a slave trader's cage, Skye was quite touched by her friends' kindness and willingness to give her a nice birthday, even if it was so modest. The next chapter, "The Karma Boar", will be the big fight between Celtic's party and the Karma Boar. Who will win?

Back
Top Bottom