• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

444 words to get to and into the scene/event thingy I mentioned yesterday. Probably a couple or so hundred words will get to the next part.

Wrote a couple paragraphs of aigad chapter 2 yesterday, and got a few sentences down the day before that. I think I’m making progress?

145 words and some slight tweaking. I guess I was pretty close in yesterday's prediction, but now at the part that should be fairly lengthy.

No actual chapter writing today, as I'm taking a small break. Instead I was doing more sub-documents, this time charts of each "important" characters' spells. This way I can keep track of what the characters know and can use in-battle. I've done pretty much all the "important" characters (Celtic, Skye, Rupert, Viola, Tyroe, Leon, Zuzu, Veronica/Wench, and the other four Heroes) and I think I'll leave it at that for now, since they're the ones that really matter due to their significance in the story. It also shows the "themes" of each characters' spells (ie: Veronica/Wench preferring Fire magic to reflect her destructive nature, Tyroe using Earth magic due to being an Earth Naga, etc), so that was interesting to do.

doing some writing while no one around
about 2000 words, on a 'fan fic' I'm writing with the help of another friend from Deviant Art
based on a real life astronomical event that can happen
meteor air burst
similar to the one that happened in Chelyabinks in 2013

Wrote 850 words yesterday of an OC going on a short adventure and finding something unexpected, haven’t finished that but might eventually.

In other news, I’m finally brushing some of the dust off my old wip Silk and Stars, and wrote myself a couple paragraphs of the first chapter.

Gloria, the current champion will have her own fanbase that it can get toxic at times and some will have a rivarly with Leon's fanbase (who are mad that Gloria defeated him). Leon will be the world's famous athelte, starring in commericals, movies and other media.

Gloria's personality will be a cool big sis type who is very humble about her accomplishments and can be pressured with being popular. She's outgoing, tough, tomboyish, strong and loves to kick butt. Gwen looks up to her as her big sister. She, along with Victor will have a major recurring role.

No major chapter writings again, as I'm mapping out some stuff. Instead, more sub-documents. This time I've been doing the various Legendary Gear powers and abilities, both innate and obtained through outside methods such as absorbing monster parts. I've completed Ryan, Lucas, and Eric today and will finish up with Jerry shortly. Celtic's has been ongoing for quite some time, as he's the star, thus you'll see his Shroud evolve the most, which means his list will keep growing. The others will get updates later on after certain story events, but, for now, this will start things off. Also, unlike Celtic's Shroud abilities, which are listed in roughly chronological order (or at least order of appearance/mentioned), the other Heroes will have theirs organized by type of ability (Combat, Support, and Increased Stats), since there is no real order of appearance or when certain forms were acquired for their Gear outside of a handful of abilities like the Meteor attacks. Some will start making the rounds on-screen eventually (sans the stat boosting ones unless those abilities have other functions), but this is to, at least, get things organized for the future.

EDIT: Wrapped up Jerry's list. His turned out a bit longer than the other Heroes (sans Celtic's who's at least 7 pages long now), which surprised me. I'll chalk it up to the fact that he's a stealth quest expert, so he'd probably get a few extra kills in off-screen compared to the more front-line Heroes.

Last edited:
Forgive the double post, but I managed to get the next chapter of Chaos Rising done this morning ("Bug Off").

Celtic and Lucas get their promised reward from King Alvin. Celtic and his party now have to team up with the Axe Hero, Eric and his party, to find the Karma Beetle. Like Ryan and Lucas, Eric isn't too happy about having to take orders from Celtic, but they both agree to try and make this work for the better good. After a Shadow Sentinel sends them to their designated starting point they begin the mission. After fending off some monsters consisting of Vicious Sword Wasps and Beater Beetles Eric learns about both combo techniques and the Legendary Gear's inventory function from Skye and Celtic, respectively. They then stop for lunch. Eric and his party were initially going to eat pre-made sandwiches but ended up joining Celtic's party for lunch, especially once they learned that they can gain various bonuses from eating his food. Plus, the Fried Apple Glidoler with Mango Sauce was just too tempting to pass up (if you're wondering, Glidoler is basically a monster version of duck). Afterward they move on. The next chapter, "The Bug Stops Here", will continue the two Heroes' mission to find the Karma Beetle.

Managed to finish the next chapter in Chaos Rising ("The Bug Stops Here").

The Shroud and Axe Hero parties continue onward to the Karma Beetle. They have an encounter with some Two-Headed Bite Fangs, Blood Porcupines, and Cockroaches, which are easily dispatched after Zuzu used Dark Chains to keep them from moving. We learn that Skye is afraid of cockroaches, though she's willing to fight them and not let her fear get the better of her. This is a stark contrast to her sister, Wench, who absolutely won't face her fear of snakes, once again showing how much stronger Skye is. They stop for dinner at the next "checkpoint", consisting of Roasted Ox with Gold Berry Sauce, much to everyone's pleasure. However, not long after dinner ended did a swarm of Battle Beetles attack, having been attracted by the Gold Berry Sauce, though they're easily defeated regardless. After that they all go to bed with Celtic taking the first night watch (once again). The next morning the two parties continue onward. Celtic silently reveals several more Shrouds in his arsenal, one of which he gets to use when a swarm of Buster Beetles attack. He uses the Leaf Bubble Shroud to create the Wood Aura ability, summoning Nature-based auras that protect everyone from the Buster Beetles. Viola and Rupert kill several with a combo while Eric and one of his party members mimic them and make their own first combo, taking out the rest. While Skye does praise them for learning something new, she does warn that not all spells and skills are compatible with each other, such as Flame Tower and Hydro Tower, thus telling them to keep that in mind when making combos, otherwise they'll cancel each other out instead. After a bit they take a lunch break in a fruit tree grove, where everyone helps themselves to the various fruit, including the new Misty Cherries. Celtic makes lunch, which is Fried Glidoler with Cherry and Plum Sauce. After that they discuss a possible battle strategy for the Karma Beetle before moving on. The next chapter, "The Karma Beetle", will be the big battle with the Karma Beetle.

Forgive the double post (again), but I managed to finish the next chapter of Chaos Rising ("The Karma Beetle").

The Shroud and Axe Hero parties finally get their fight against the Karma Beetle. Celtic and his party prove to be the more powerful Hero party, however, Eric and his party throw their weight around fine, even using another combo. Unlike the previous Karma Beasts, the Karma Beetle can fly, thus Zuzu was needed to ground it by tearing off one of its wings, since she's the only flight-able individual on the Heroes' side. The Karma Beetle puts up a good fight even after getting grounded, but was ultimately beaten by the combined force of the two Hero parties. Celtic and Eric both absorb one half of him and Celtic takes the Karma Diamond. They report back to King Alvin about their success. The next chapter, "Getting Pretty Shellfish" (see what I did there?), will involve the "partnership" of the Shroud and Bow Heroes. This one won't be easy, especially given Jerry's pride and ego (not that his party is any better).

Finished the next chapter of Chaos Rising this morning ("Getting Pretty Shellfish").

Celtic and Eric get their promised rewards of materials/ore and gold coins, respectively, for their efforts against the Karma Beetle and retrieving the Karma Diamond. Next up is the Karma Crab, which means working with Jerry and his party. Right off the bat Jerry and Marvin kick up a fuss about Celtic being the leader, though the former does eventually agree to at least try to work together, while the latter required being threatened by King Duskbane and King Alvin to comply to the setup. Both parties are brought to their starting point: a beach. While Marvin doubts Viola's skill with a map she quickly proves him wrong and immediately figures out the route they need to take. The two parties encounter some new monsters: Crushtaceans, Twin Fin Sharks, and Bio Orchids, in three separate battles, with Celtic showing off his knowledge of naval terms against the Twin Fin Sharks in the process. The Shroud Hero party learns how the Bow Hero party got wiped out: they got cornered on an island by Sky Rays, massive flying monster stingrays, and nearly ended up "sleeping with the fishes". Skye explains that Sky Rays are not only pretty tough and territorial, having originated from the Demon Realm, but also have been domesticated by the Shadokor to act as aerial combat units. She also explains that Sky Rays tend to prefer cold-water oceans because two of their favorite prey: Twin Fin Sharks and Cloud Krill, inhabit such areas. Sure enough, not long after the two parties fight off the Bio Orchids a pack of Sky Rays fly overhead, heading toward where the Twin Fin Sharks the parties killed are, clearly hearing the dinner bell, but didn't notice the two Hero parties. The two parties decided to make tracks before the Sky Rays detect them so they can setup for lunch. The next chapter, "Shellshocked", will continue the Shroud and Bow Heroes' quest for the Karma Crab.

currently writing a story about fairies (not fairy type pokemon, this is almost 0% related to pokemon) where the main character has fire powers. i also haven’t even finished the first chapter yet.

Currently a bit at a standstill. Got the 'bulk' done but am stuck at the tiny 'connecting' pieces so to say.

Finished the next chapter of Chaos Rising just now ("Shellshocked").

The parties settle down for lunch. Celtic invites Jerry's party to join him but Marvin loudly declines. However, after Jerry and the rest of his party not only see what Celtic is cooking (Sliced Flank Steak with Mixed Veggies and Mango Sauce) AND learn of its benefits such as boosted EXP gains and increased stats do they join him, sans Marvin who is still adamant about not associating himself with the Shroud. After finishing lunch they're ambushed by a swarm of Cloud Krill but kill them easily due to how pathetically weak they were, with Celtic learning that Cloud Krill are also edible, thus takes them along for a later meal. After crossing another sandbar just before the tide started to come in, they're attacked by the Sky Rays from earlier. Celtic lures them away to a larger area with Taunt Pulse while everyone else follows, though Marvin needed a literal kick to do so. Jerry learns, to his utter jealousy, how much of a superior archer Leon is compared to him, planting the seeds of what would soon become a one-sided rivalry with the Templar Knight, as Leon was able to strike down two Sky Rays by himself while Jerry couldn't even hit one. After killing two more Sky Rays the rest flee, as it's revealed that they're one of the smarter breeds of monsters, thus they know when to run if outmatched. Celtic also introduces Jerry to the inventory function of the Legendary Gear. Shortly afterward a trio of Crunchtaceans and a trio of Cracktaceans appear. Marvin complains when Zuzu "steals" what he calls "Master Jerry's kill", to which Zuzu retorts with the fact she heard that Jerry pulled the exact same stunt back at the Myria Archipelago, even though there were rules about not kill stealing from other adventures during the event, thus calling him a hypocrite. Skye kicks Marvin again to keep him from continuing the argument along with taking Zuzu's side on it. Celtic, Tyroe, Leon, and one of Jerry's party members finish off the rest of the crab monsters before they keep moving to make it to their next checkpoint to wait out the tide. The next chapter, "The Karma Crab" is the final fight with the final Karma Beast. Who will win?

Back
Top Bottom