• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Wrote the next chapter of Chaos Rising this morning ("Training Daze"). It's a bit short, but not a whole lot happened in it, but it does start building the foundation for the Chaos Chimera arc.

Anyway, it's time for the Heroes to begin their training. The Sword, Spear, Axe, and Bow Heroes are far from pleased while Celtic merely accepts it. The Heroes meet their trainers, with Celtic getting an 100-year old woman named Fiona, AKA Granny. Turns out Granny is a practitioner of the legendary Kaguro Iszu style, a powerful martial art style that can put the average person on the same footing as a Legendary Hero in terms of power. It also turns out that, despite being 100-years old, Granny still has plenty of spryness to her, also revealing that she's Level 100 to boot. As fate would have it she knows the Shroud Hero, as she was part of the group of villages that were attacked by the Mountain Roc Ryan accidentally set off, and she knows King Alvin as well, thus was hired by him to train Celtic due to his "weapon class" being unique. She takes a shine to Celtic as the Shroud Hero proves to be competent in his first training session with her, while the other Heroes struggle with their instructors. Celtic ends up completing his training for the day first and goes to take a shower, though he has Zuzu keep a grip on Skye to prevent her from ambushing him in the shower to satisfy her lust for him. Wench ends up subconsciously revealing in her thoughts that the idea the Gengar Bat had planted in her head was starting to take root, as she wants to take Celtic down. The other Heroes eventually finish their training for the day, much to their frustration, as it didn't go so well, and they still believe that their "expert gaming knowledge" is more than enough. Gram also reveals that he's helping Ryan train, as the instructor is using the Flugel Kingdom knight as an example of how to get stronger, though he's quite unimpressed with the other Heroes. He, along with Skye and Zuzu, express an interest in asking Granny to train them in the legendary Kaguro Iszu style, wondering if she'd allow it. They decide to go get lunch. The next chapter, "The Generals Strike Again", will feature the Demon Generals' most recent attack plan on the Heroes.

Forgive the double post (again) but I got the next chapter of Chaos Rising done ("The Generals Strike Again").

We start with the Demon Generals discussing Bronwen's current plan. The seed has taken root and now they need to cultivate it in order to move the plan along. Bronwen suggests sowing more discord between the Heroes by siccing monsters at them that the Shroud Hero would be a near perfect counter toward such as Undead, thereby one-upping the other Heroes and making them resent Celtic. She had also modified several Skull Belles and created a device that would replicate the wave generators without needing Infinator's energy to use, albeit it'll only summon monsters in a small area. Sylph and Adelram take charge and summon various Fan Tanks, Zomurai, Shadows, Kill Plants, and many other monsters and attack Delgunner. The Heroes, Gram, and several Delgunner knights and mages fight off the waves of monsters that Sylph and Adelram summoned, allowing the two Demon Generals to observe the situation. As expected, Celtic and his party are the most effective, causing the other Heroes to get jealous and angry at them for "stealing" the kills and credit. Eventually the monsters are slain and Sylph and Adelram "flee", though Celtic has to spell it out to the other Heroes that this was clearly a test for the Demon Generals to gain information. Gram and the Delgunner soldiers and mages agree with this, much to the Heroes' frustration, as they see it as a total victory. The other Heroes leave Celtic and the rest to clean up the monster corpses while they bask in the admiration of the people for their great victory, much to everyone else's disgust. After completing the task they all return to the city to rest. The next chapter, "Wench's Plan", will signal the "official" start of the Chaos Chimera arc.

Wrote 126 words just now for a sorta...uh, continuation of rising star falling star, because apparently I’m not done torturing the main protagonist yet, I also have to write his Back From The Dead moment. Again. I may have been too waxing poetic with that scene, but whatever. I’m gonna nudge in subtle references to other things I love in this scene, and no one can stop me!

Managed to finish the next chapter of Chaos Rising ("Wench's Plan"). I had started it early yesterday but I wasn't feeling the grove for writing so it got pushed back to today. This also officially starts the Chaos Chimera arc.

Anyway, the Shroud Hero party were discussing what to do about the recent attack. They knew it was a test or something like that, suggesting that it had a connection to the idea the Gengar Bat planted in Wench's head. They decided to be cautious for a bit until they knew what to expect next. At that time, Wench is in the castle library, looking up legendary monsters. She comes across the Chaos Chimera and decides to use its legendary status as one of Infinator's most powerful monsters to help the other Heroes one-up Celtic so she can get her revenge. This doesn't go unnoticed by a spying Phantom Bat, who reports back to Alastor and Bronwen, showing that the latter's plan has fully taken root and is starting to grow. The next day training is canceled due to two of the instructors getting sick, so Celtic and his party make use of the time to take up a special request the guild asked of them. Apparently a lord from the nearby city of Arcadia was raising Crunch Alligators to use as weapons against Infinator but the monsters grew too strong and too big to be controlled, thus they needed to be put down, but previous attempts from adventurers to kill them failed. So, Celtic and his party take up the request. They're also asked to collect as many Surging Sapphires from the Crunch Alligators as possible. They complete the task and get to keep any bonus items they got. Celtic decides to be rather selfless and hand out some of the newly acquired Black Pearls to the other Heroes. Most of the Heroes are appreciative of the gift, with only Lucas kicking up a fuss due to his jealousy of Celtic getting hand-picked for a mission instead of him. This only further motivates Wench to get her plan up and running. The next chapter, "Discord Bares its Fangs", will feature the Heroes' increasing jealousy of Celtic, which will soon reach a boiling point.

Tuesday did a bit of proofreading in Aerosteel, Wednesday was too distracted to do so, and yesterday I wrote a "review". Nothing today either. Will try to get back to proofreading tomorrow, but we'll see.

Finished the next chapter of Chaos Rising today ("Discord Bares its Fangs"). I actually started it early yesterday but like last time I wasn't feeling the groove so I waited until I felt more comfortable. Also the unseasonable warmth gave me a migraine so that contributed to my lack of work, too.

Anyway, the Heroes are still training. Celtic is, naturally, excelling since he actually want to train in order to better improve himself, while the other Heroes struggle. Skye is also training with Granny to further enhance her martial art skills. After Celtic and Skye wrap up their training they're requested by a young couple to name their new puppy. Celtic pushes it to Skye as he's not good at coming up with creative names so she gives the a name they like. Celtic has a slip of the tongue that, thanks to elven cultures, means he unwittingly proposed to Skye, to which she capitalizes on this and eagerly accepts, as they are now bound by law to marry due to how elven cultures work, much to Celtic's dismay. However, he learns that things like engagement rings and wedding rings are not part of Zakota's cultures, especially since most, if not all jewelry, are magical accessories. Nevertheless Celtic crafts Skye an engagement ring, showing that he'll honor his blunder and follow up on it, much to Skye's delight. Lucas and Eric appear and the former is baffled why Skye would want to marry Celtic and not him, much to the Light Elf's fury and disgust. However, before the conversation can continue, Ike appears and hands Celtic a guild request he was asked to deliver. Apparently Wind Valley (the same place that asked him to get the Goddess' Tear) needs help with their crops, having heard from Barleyvale that Celtic could modify magical seeds into rapidly growing edible plants via the Bio Plant Shroud (haven't seen that shroud in a while). Lucas and Eric are... not pleased that Celtic got hand-picked for another mission. Celtic ignores them and he and his party go to Wind Valley via Skye's Warp spell. They learn that Wind Valley had a bad harvest and purchased magical seeds of various fruits and vegetables but the seeds had all their magic drained prior to being purchased. Celtic uses the Bio Plant Shroud followed by the Bio Orchid Shroud to modify the plant seeds, restore them, and created an instant harvest for Wind Valley. They give him some of the crops as payment. Due to the modifications the village will now have plentiful harvests from now on. The Shroud Hero party returns to Delgunner and are being spied on by Wench, who is nearly ready to execute "her" Chaos Chimera plan. The next chapter, "Grudge Match", features a full-out battle between Celtic, Lucas, and their parties. Who will win?

Decided to test my sleep cycle by not going to sleep at 12 something in the middle of the night, and instead writing two whole pages of rsfs chapter 2 until nearly 2 am or something. I’m happier with the transition from immense pain to realization here than in my google docs, and I even managed to write up to just about the part the main protagonist here (canonically) resurrects (briefly) from the dead in the comic. I still probably need to reference the fact in-fic that his left arm’s kinda uh...not there any more, and maybe fix one particular line that doesn’t sit right with me, but I’ll leave that shit for second draft.

Despite writing literally the whumpiest thing I have mustered so far (not to say anything about the strangled noises I made writing the latter parts) until about 2am, I still end up naturally waking up at 7 something. I was kinda hoping I’d at least be tired enough from that to wake up at maybe 10, but oh well. *casually adds the I Wrote This Instead Of Sleeping tag to rsfs*

I wrote 682 words today for the third short story for my graduation project (though technically it's going to be the first one when I put them together). Since it's due in like 4 days I'm going to pull an all nighter to write more ((I'll sleep during the day don't worry. I can't write during the day anyway so this is better))

Because I had bad insomnia I decided to make use of the time and write the next chapter of Chaos Rising ("Grudge Match"). It also ended up decently long, about 27 pages.

Anyway, the Shroud Hero party are at their usual spot. Celtic gets notified by his arm that he needs to replace the power cell, as it's about to die. Since he always carries spare parts he easily swapped out old power cell for a new one, while noting that his weapon programs are probably draining his power cells faster. He then has the Shroud absorb the dying power cell, creating a new Shroud form that boosts the power of all his other Shroud forms and abilities. He's then confronted by Lucas who demands that Celtic give him some Clobbster, saying he "owes" them. Skye, Leon, and shortly Gram chew him out about this, while Zuzu flat-out tells him he can just buy it from Celtic. Celtic works the situation into a win/win scenario for him: Lucas can have the Clobbster, but only if he "betrays" Wench by confessing all her crimes as truth and that's she's an evil person. Everyone realizes what Celtic's game is, forcing Lucas to leave empty-handed as he won't betray his 'friend' for a rare delicacy, meaning Celtic won without a fight. He's then given a message from King O'Connell from Gorgodos Kingdom, stating that Wrath Iron Maidens are attacking one of his bigger trader towns, having already claimed some lives. The Shroud Hero party arrives on the scene and quickly dispatch the Wrath Iron Maidens and Wrath Steel Maidens, mainly thanks to Leon capitalizing on one of Celtic's more recent Shroud's passive effect to boost his instant death magic's success rate much higher. Lucas then arrives on the scene, demanding a full-party battle to prove once and for all he's "superior" to Celtic, with Wench using Lightning Cage to force the match. The Shroud Hero party wastes no time in pretty much curb-stomping the Spear Hero party due to being much more strategic and coordinated, even though Lucas tried a few combos of his own. They even debut a few new combos and skills in the process. When Celtic has Lucas and his party pinned by the soon-to-be detonated Magic Chess Shroud's chess pieces, he pretty much spells it out to him that he's done dealing with Lucas and his constant problem-making tendencies, effectively stating he'll "do the world a favor" by blowing Lucas up. However, after the chess pieces blow up, it's revealed that Celtic didn't want to kill Lucas and his party, who are now unconscious and with only 1 HP left, but to instead send a clear message that he's done with the constant screw-ups of the other Heroes and will use force and his authority as the leader to stomp them in place if needed. Shadow Sentinels appear, having recorded everything, something that Celtic and Zuzu were aware of the whole time, and cart the Spear Hero and his harem back to Delgunner for treatment while also going to show the recording to King Alvin and such. Celtic and his party head back to King O'Connell's castle to report. The next chapter, "Confronting the Past", will feature some of Rupert's tragic backstory.

Forgive the double post (as always) but I got another chapter of Chaos Rising done today ("Confronting the Past").

It's the following day after the battle between the Shroud Hero party and the Spear Hero party. Lucas and his harem have yet to recover, but he will eventually. Celtic and his party are requested by Zelda, a mage friend of theirs who worked alongside them and Ike in past waves, to meet up with King Alvin, as apparently something happened that he's livid about. They meet up with Ryan's party in the throne room and learn that the man named Arthur Byron, who enslaved Rupert in the past has enslaved an entire village of Beastmen, working the adults like animals while torturing their children and using them as hostages. Rupert is eager to get his revenge when he hears this, so Celtic, Ryan, and their parties are taken to the location where this corrupt noble. After planning their attack they infiltrate the mansion, capture all the guards (as King Alvin wanted them brought back alive for interrogation), and confront Arthur, who was in the process of torturing a female raccoon Beastman. After a tense confrontation Rupert decides not to kill the noble out of revenge, instead having him taken back to King Alvin for his judgment, claiming that killing him with his own hands wouldn't bring him the closure he seeked. The two parties then recover the hostages, however four Beastmen children didn't survive, thus Leon helped their souls ascend with his holy magic. The Beastmen have been freed from their enslavement, the four dead Beastmen are laid to rest, and the two parties return to Delgunner, where King Alvin promises them a reward for their work in the morning. Rupert finally feels the closure he has been seeking since his days of enslavement, now able to be more at peace. The next chapter, "The Calm Before the Storm", will be the final setup chapter before the return of the Chaos Chimera.

Tweaked some minor things after putting down what should be the final piece to the chapter.

Hopefully it can go up tomorrow or the day after. It's been too long.

Managed to get myself to the lines I’ve always really wanted to write in rsfs chapter 2 (otherwise termed as “falling star” to myself), and somehow managed to combine them somewhat.

This would not be how the story ends - not for him, definitely not for his cousin. Cinders cloud his vision as he dives into the recesses of his core, willing aside the agony of existing for an infinitesimal moment, and with everything left of him that he can muster...

...his heart flickers to life, faintly yet determinedly pulsing with palest pink, and in this moment he is alive once more.

Swirling energy coalesces in his right arm and is released all at once, a magicannon of flowing light blasting him upwards into the sky, against the fatal pull of gravity. Against death itself.

For the last time, he becomes the wind-

-before he descends upon the girl who thought that his cousin was someone to be trifled with, landing with a resounding crash that shakes the very earth.

After looking at the scene in-comic these paragraphs are based on, I am very conflicted as to what the heck I am doing. The scene prior to this one, in-comic, is only four pages long (consisting really only of dialogue), and I write about 2 pages in length of that? And then the few paragraphs above describe the following eight comic pages? What the fuck, me?

Either way, guess it goes downhill from here. *cracks knuckles*

Early yesterday morning I wrote around 1300 more words.

This evening and into early this morning I wrote 1911 words and finished off the last part of my graduation project. I've been so stressed over it that even typing this just doesn't feel real yet. Like it's still looming over my head. I don't think I'll realize it's all done until I give my presentation and turn the whole thing in.

Wrote the next chapter of Chaos Rising today ("The Calm Before the Storm"). It's a bit short but it puts the final foundation block in for the Chaos Chimera arc.

Anyway, it's been a day since Celtic, Ryan, and their parties stopped Arthur and freed the Beastmen. They are rewarded by both King Alvin and Queen Wuya, who came to deliver rare items to them in place of King Duskbane as a bonus. Apparently the Karma Diamonds did there job a little too well, as now the Shadokor can't access the Demon Realm themselves, though it is fixable. The following day Lucas and his party confront Celtic, having learned the "truth" about the fight they had. After Celtic pretty much spells everything out to Lucas Wench threatens to burn him with her Fire magic, to which Celtic taunts her into doing so. The first Fireball is blocked by the Guard Barrier Charm (that little charm sure is handy) while the second one gets deflected by the Clear Gem in Celtic's armor, and resulted in Wench setting herself on fire with her own attack. Celtic uses the Water Cannon arm mode to douse her, making a snarky one-liner in the process. Lucas is about to attack but is forced to back down as Prince Karl demanded, who had saw everything. Lucas and his party are forced to back off and leave, but Wench finally drops her plan to Lucas about the Chaos Chimera and how to use its to one-up Celtic once and for all. The next chapter, "The Chaos Chimera", features the debut of the beast of the same name. What will happen?

Wrote a couple paragraphs of rsfs chapter 2. I sorta remember being not exactly in the flow of writing extreme anger last night so I instead mostly fucked off to write actions and shit. Looking back at the scene now, yeah this does need more angy, especially after the action (I’ll get to the rage later).

...apparently I even invoked the name of my math teacher in my notebook right before scribbling down a vague sequence of events for me to reference. Why do I always have to be (naturally) high while writing?

Anyways, the rest of the chapter covers a pretty extreme rage + pain + immense screaming combo, so unless the stars and the solar system align with my mental vibes or I find out how to write angy really quick or something along those lines, I’m gonna have to take this scene pretty slowly. I know I have time - I’m on holiday this week - but I also want to second draft this as soon as possible, for some reason. Just an itchin’.

Due to bad insomnia again (restless mind syndrome + daylight savings = bad time), I decided to make use of the time and write the next chapter of Chaos Rising ("The Chaos Chimera"). This chapter also functions as the Season 3 ending, meaning it ends on a cliffhanger.

Anyway, the Heroes are training again, though the Sword, Spear, Axe, and Bow Heroes are clearly not enjoying it. Celtic, along with Skye and now Zuzu, were excelling with Granny, much to her pleasure. After completing the training first the Shroud Hero party goes about their day. After the other Heroes complete their training they have a meeting to discuss how to finally prove everyone, especially Celtic, wrong and show the world they're the best. Lucas does get a bit distracted as he rants about how Celtic got the best girls with the equally best melons, something that the other Heroes agree on, before brining up the Chaos Chimera as the ultimate plan. Ryan, however, is hesitant, as he's gained respect for Celtic, but Lucas, Eric, and Jerry are able to coax out his deep jealousy and desire to be the best, getting him to join in on the plan. Lucas reveals he bought a Teleport Crystal (again) and says they'll use it to take them and their parties to Starmist Valley, where the Chaos Chimera slumbers. At 7 PM that night the four Heroes and their parties use the Teleport Crystal to go after the Chaos Chimera, though a knight finds out just moments afterward and alerts King Alvin. Celtic, Gram, and their respective parties are gathered to discuss this terrible turn of events. Zuzu, who witnessed the Chaos Chimera's previous rampage, confirms that the previous generation of Legendary Heroes were unable to defeat it even though they were Level 200+, thus the other Heroes and their parties, who are around Level 80+, don't stand a chance. However, because Starmist Valley emits a misty energy that repels demons, the Shadow Sentinels can't chase after them, much less Celtic, which means that there is little stopping the Heroes from performing this reckless stunt. Meanwhile, Wench explains how to free the Chaos Chimera, having the four other Heroes destroy four altars that keep the barrier its under sealed. They destroy them with their respective Meteor attacks, thus freeing the Chaos Chimera once again. The next chapter, "Catastrophe Returns", will not only start the battle with the Chaos Chimera, but also the start of Season 4.

Forgive the double post (again) but I got the next chapter of Chaos Rising done ("Catastrophe Returns"). This is also the Season 4 opening.

Anyway, the Sword, Spear, Axe, and Bow Heroes attempt to take down the Chaos Chimera, but to no avail. Their attacks aren't even damaging it. Ryan is the first to draw blood due to his Sword Storm doing extra damage to Beast-type monsters, but the Chaos Chimera merely heals it off. Ryan and his party become the first to realize that this is a lost cause and attempt to retreat. However, the beast's snake head for a tail blasts Ryan's party to atoms as they try to run, devastating Ryan before he's captured. Lucas ends up learning the hard way that Wench, and everyone else in his party, were never truly loyal to him, only using him as a tool and as a means of getting fame and fortune. They swiftly abandon him, with Wench pretty much confessing that she's truly the monster that everyone says she is, crushing his spirit before Lucas is captured as well. Eric's party also abandons him as they're tired of risking their lives to satisfy his greed, leaving him to be captured as well. Finally, Jerry's party gives him a solid pounding before abandoning him as well, saying he's no Hero and he kept letting the Shroud Hero become more popular and famous instead of them. Jerry tries to deny responsibility before getting captured. The Demon Generals then stuff the four Heroes into an energy capsule that Bronwen created, which would allow the Chaos Chimera to absorb it, and the Heroes, to become living batteries for it to further strengthen it. The chapter ends with Celtic and a whole army of warriors, mages, soldiers, knights, and other allies like Gram, ready to fight to the bitter end against the Chaos Chimera. The next chapter, "Souls of the Seven Sins", will not only feature the battle between Celtic's faction and the Chaos Chimera, but will fully cement the Shroud Hero party's status as a Seven Deadly Sin-themed party.

Back
Top Bottom