• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Wrote in-story notes for the dialogue framework I thought of this morning. Couldn't do anything yesterday because I was too offset, and Monday was a weird day, so also nothing. Been feeling weird since finishing the proofreading, so I've been reluctant to write since I feel like I still have Momoka's voice, but that's my fault for sticking to one of the three stories for such a long time.

152 words deep into the next Shadows update. Zigzagoon shall be defeated with a Dig attack, but that shall not be all.

Also nailed down my concept for a writing game over in a Discord server I'm in. The prompt is to take characters from Sleepless Domain (the webcomic on which the server is based), and place them into a different genre or setting. My plan is to take the highly shoujo lesbians Melty Flame and Melty Frost and transplant them into a Digimon vignette. Haven't written anything for it yet, since I'm prioritising the Shadows update, but I've got the concept and an outline nailed, which is the biggest stumbling block for stuff like this in my experience.

Still stuck on the rest of rsfs chapter 2, unfortunately. Ended up writing 1.1k of very, very self-indulgent interactions between one of the comic characters and one of my own OCs, set in a (very much) non-canon dream scene between the time the comic protagonist canonically passes the heck out from extreme whump and reawakens. By self-indulgent, I mean I just want the two to have a series of wholesome interactions and maybe calm the poor main comic protagonist down in a safer environment, and by very I mean I may have written myself to the point where comic protagonist uses the OC as walking support, of sorts. My favorite interaction between them:
“...High heels?”

“...I...um, I don’t really have a choice…”
My only excuse at this point is that I’m getting writing practice or something done for the comic protagonist, which will come in handy for the fic where I’m actually going to have to write them in. Maybe.

Update: Fairly sure I’m relatively stoned now and should head off to bed soon. Got myself to the start of a sorta-angsty part in the oneshot at exactly 1.9k words in, after lots of screwing around with flower descriptions and tripping and accidentally getting blinded by the sun and all that jazz. The only thing that can ruin my sleep schedule further now is if the comic does a status update before I head off to sleep, but that’s probably not going to happen, so whatever. My lord, am I incoherent.

Last edited:
Currently at 2.7k words into the oneshot and somehow the characters only introduce themselves about 200 or so words before that point. I have no planned plot for this whatsoever, but oh boy if this dumb thing is going to be long - granted, the characters themselves decided to run away with the events from the very first scene, I should probably expect them to just continue doing so. Already I have a couple paragraphs dedicated to one of them yelling “ayy macarena” and the other not knowing what that means, so clearly this is going to go nuts.

*stares at 3.2k words of super self-indulgent oneshot* I am beginning to despise both these assholes for making this way longer than it needs to be, and it’s still not done yet! Help meee......okay. Got myself to just about the part where there’s snails, which was pretty much an intended plot point from the beginning, all I have to do now is...research the little things in depth because I’m pretty sure the comic character is at some point going to infodump about snails, either to me or to the OC. Maybe.

Meanwhile, brain’s definitely not working straight when it comes to rsfs chapter 2 - wrote one paragraph trying to continue the scene, realized afterwards I wrote the entire thing in second person pov (it should be third person limited what am I doing), edited the perspective really lazily and then left a note for myself to come back to this later when I can channel it again. Guess I’m not finishing it this week, that’s all I know lol.

446 words words of dialogue and action scene notes of rough motions and staging for the writing game thing. Given that the word limit is 500... Yeah it's a good thing that 3 submissions are allowed per writer 'cause I'm gonna need at least two of 'em for this idea alone.

Had about an hour of free time just now, so I ended up writing nearly two pages of aigad chapter 1. Finally got an idea of how I want to pace the first scene, all I need to do now is fit the letter sections in the proper parts so the thing flows a bit better.

680 words on that Sleepless Domain Digimon thing, that have prompted me to drop it as a submission for the writing game. I'd have to burn through all three submission slots, and by the nature of the concept, it doesn't have as much of the character focus that the theme is focusing on for me to want to submit it. I'm super close to finishing though, and I do still really like the concept, so I'll probably finish it up and post it separate from the writing game at some point.

I then switched gears to a new concept for the game, much more character heavy, and much shorter so I don't have to burn more than one submission in case I come up with something else that could be fun. I'm 323 words deep, and I can probably wrap up the last 150 tonight.

Gwen and Wayne will have a little sibling. I was originally going to make two or even three younger siblings, but I don't want to make too many so I reduced it to just one. Gwen and Wayne are also fraternal twins (Both have dark skin, but Gwen is a red head while Wayne has brown hair). They're also born at least in mid fall (October), making them slightly older than the foster trio.

Rory was born at early December while Lottie and Lenny were born in early to mid Feburary. (Lottie is only a couple days older than Lenny). Despite being one month apart from each other, they all made a promise that they'll go on a journey together.

Also, the foster kid's adopted parents are named Nigel Brewster and Emily Brewster.

Wrote a paragraph continuing on aigad chapter 1, and then had a realization that my scene isn’t paced like the comic it’s rooted in + I threw the actual dialogue from the main protagonist out the window. I’ll probably add the dialogue in second draft, though the pacing I might leave as-is - after all, the fic’s perspective is solely from the main character, there’s bound to be some things that wind up different.

Nothing I've written, but I've read a couple of the reviews that came in and my god does it feel good to see people enjoy your fic despite you not knowing if people would like it and being insecure about what you put out.

As DIO once said "This is the greatest high".

Wrote another idea for a potential fic down on my plot bunny document - this time it’s just a collection of short fluffy non-canon oneshots that are based in the comic, because I’m kinda burning myself out writing angst, and it’s kinda therapeutic to just write something where the characters can just take me by my little hands and have a happier moment once in a while.
Now, if I can remember what I sorta brainstormed last night while on the verge of falling asleep...
  • No plot, head empty, only a collection of lighter moments.
  • Will most likely take place between comic chapters 18-21, the first 17 are either too fast-paced for me to fit something nice in or consist of the main protagonist moping in a fucking corner, and I’ll opt to save that for aigad.
  • Napsta gets introduced to anime. How well this goes, I have no goddamn clue.

Not really in the vibe to write for my fanfics today, so instead I wrote a little oneshot just over 1k about an OC receiving a pretty grim message from what seems to be an innocuous present.

Wrote a short 731-word thing today, still inflicting angst on OCs but this time there isn’t as much angst.

After taking a short break I wrote the next chapter of Chaos Rising today ("Souls of the Seven Sins").

Picking up where we left off, Celtic, his party, King Duskbane, and every able-bodied warrior, mage, soldier, and adventurer were preparing to make their final stand against the Chaos Chimera. However, before they could, Sylph and the other Demon Generals take a moment to gloat, saying that killing the Chaos Chimera will also kill the other Heroes, as they're now inside it, acting as living batteries for it. Celtic remains steadfast and rallies everyone to fight. Celtic manages to discover a means of defeating the Chaos Chimera: using the Mirror Shroud's Mirror Force Reflector to reflect the Chaos Chimera's own attacks back at it deals massive damage that it can't heal off right away, thus giving everyone hope. However, the Chaos Chimera continues its rampage regardless, indiscriminately blasting anything and everything. Celtic realizes that there may be one possible solution to defeat it completely: his Assault Mode form, but he hasn't used it since he got it because it turns him into a blind berserker. But realizing it may be their only hope, he orders everyone except his party to retreat so they don't get caught in the crossfire. When everyone else, except his party and King Duskbane, are out of harms way, Celtic activates his Assault Mode form, which he's dubbed "Infinity X". Duskbane notices that the specific incantation Celtic used, along with the fact that symbols formed underneath the Shroud Hero party, all allude to the fact that the Shroud Hero party represent the Seven Deadly Sins, which is what activates Assault Mode's full power. Infinity X Celtic effortlessly fights off the Chaos Chimera by himself, much to the shock and horror of the Demon Generals and the joy of the warriors who rallied behind him. Celtic eventually gets inside the beast to take out its weak point: its heart, while also recovering the other four Heroes from within it. The Chaos Chimera is finally slain and the other four Heroes are brought back alive, albeit in a deep coma. Celtic suddenly collapses and transforms back, revealing that his body can't handle his true power, thus has a time limit on how long he can use Assault Mode before possibly self-destructing. When he asks how he could control it this time Duskbane reveals that Zuzu was the final element he was missing when he first got it, as he obtained Assault Mode before she joined his party, thus he was missing her represented Sin: Pride. While everyone wants to celebrate, Duskbane brings them all back to reality that they need to find survivors of the rampage and bring the other Heroes' parties in for questioning, as the Chaos Chimera caused untold destruction within the short time it was awake. The next chapter, "Aftermath", features the recovery and relief efforts after the Chaos Chimera's deadly rampage.

Finally finished the first scene in the latest chapter of my Pokemon fic, and actually finished the first chapter of my upcoming Love Live fanseries. But I'm going to hold off on posting it until I... 1. Write several more chapters, 2. Officially finish MarJour, as I want to finish it and other fics before committing to another long fic.

Back
Top Bottom