• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Settled the pronouns issue yesterday and did some tweaking today, and I’ll probably give the fic a vibe check either today or tomorrow. Apparently editing while it’s raining and there’s an utterly fitting soundtrack playing...it just hits different. And real good.

Wrote some summaries that actually fit the mood of the comic for once, even though these ones are also just bonafide references to obscure things I enjoy. This one in one of the really late chapters, for instance:
“I am the one who brings back those from far away.”

Who was it, then, that brought you back from the abyss of death?

The quote’s just the translated version of “Pasi Lameta Vimaturesi”, the name of the Stage 6 theme of the Touhou fangame Hollow Song of Birds. Obscure as shit, even more so when I’m slapping it in an Undertale fanfic summary of all things, but hell if it just fits strangely well here.

Shoved aigad onto my AO3 drafts, tweaked it a bit more, made a drinking game solely from taking a sip whenever there’s ellipses, downed two cups of water before I even finished chapter 1, got a few more edits done and a minor headache, and I am currently regretting my life choices.

On the plus side, I wrote some part of an OC 5+1 things oneshot, which was nice.

Managed to finish the next chapter of Chaos Rising today ("Adelram's Attack").

The chapter begins with Celtic, Skye, Ryan, and Lucas discussing Eric's current status after his overuse of Wrath Fire. Celtic says there was a lot of self-inflicted damage done to him, but he'll eventually make a full recovery. When Ryan asks about the Shroud's nature King Duskbane steps in and gives a brief explanation about why the Shroud is different from the rest of the Legendary Gear, stating that because the Shroud is based off the original Shroud that was adopted by Zakotians after the war, while the Sword, Spear, Axe, and Bow were copies of the originals that Zakota created during the war is the reason why they're made of different materials. He also explains the role of the Shroud: to act as a conduit cable to unite and strengthen all the Legendary Gear, as without it the other Legendary Gear can only function at half power, if not less. Next, Infinator sends Adelram and a monster army that Bronwen summoned to attack the Hero faction, as with Eric in the hospital, Jerry MIA, and the Sword and Spear now lacking parties means that the Heroes have been fractured. Adelram leaves with the monster army to begin the attack. However, this time he's met with a much more coordinated army, with the Hero faction effortlessly dealing with his monster army before he could get within range of any civilians. This forces Adelram to retreat, only to be caught by Bubbler's Bubble Catcher ability, thereby allowing Celtic, Ryan, and Lucas to combine their Wrath Iron Maiden-based abilities to summon a massive iron maiden to kill Adelram, ending the battle. With a Demon General defeated this is a blow to Infinator's faction, though Bronwen says that Sylph is not only cloning Adelram already, but the exercise wasn't a total failure, as they did get some useful info on the Heroes, noting that they've gotten much stronger and much more effective. With Infinator's instructions, Bronwen begins her next plan. The next chapter, "Bow and Sword in Accord", will feature the fate of Jerry.

I've been going at a snail's pace and I'm slowly getting irritated. Before I knew it, it's been 4 weeks since I last updated my story. And this chapter's running over 1,500 words so far and I'm not all that crazy about its current execution. I want to get it done and over with so I can get to the more interesting bits, but this chapter is pretty important as the "inciting incident" that gets the plot moving.

Managed to make some 200 words up for rising star falling star chapter 2, and somehow it manages to read pretty okay even though I’m basically sorta drawing parallels to the exact same scene in i’m gonna make sure your loved ones never find you.

Also wrote a lil 300-something word...something for some OCs, again, and posted aigad chapter 1. Fun day so far, all things considered.

Actually have been managing to do some writing recently, but not for the stuff I need to do. I set a goal for myself to send a piece of my work to a literary magazine or at least submit it to something by the time I graduate (early June) and I still don't have anything. And now it's not just a goal, I made it my project for another class because I was dumb. But it's fine. It's fine. *everything's on fire* It's just fine.

Anyway, mental health has been kicking my butt these past few weeks, but this weekend my brain got a whole bunch of ideas (not the ones I need for this project. but whatever). So this weekend I planned out four stories that I'm never going to write because I only want to write one scene. And I'm just now realizing that I'm the writer, I make the rules, these pieces aren't going anywhere anyway so I should just write the scene and not waste my time planning stuff I'm never going to write.

I did manage to write a little bit for one of the stories I planned. 1545 words for one of them. And several days ago I worked on a writing prompt.

Saw a writer’s block writing prompt, had a momentary flash of inspiration, and then tried to write a scene of aigad chapter 8. Keyword: tried, because the prompt was “As night became day, he started to understand the truth”, and I would essentially have to write a whole giant scene just to get to that point.

Well, chapter 4 is finally done. I'm not entirely satisfied with it, but it's done. My original plan was to include one more scene at the end, but I felt it's too long and the pacing was different from the action scene that happened throughout the chapter. So might as well just make that section its own chapter. Now I can finally move on.

Wrote some notes for the first half of aigad chapter 2, mainly focusing on dialogue and pacing and such. For the first half I really don’t need to ramble on very much about Napsta dragging themself back home - maybe a few paragraphs for the Hotland/Core part will do it, a couple more words for Waterfall, and then I can do the second half.

Update: ...I am done with the first half of chapter 2? Somehow? Okay, I know the scene I was basing the first half off was short, but this short? Really? It looks like it’s just barely longer than angiogenesis. I’m just a little bit surprised.

Last edited:
Continued a little bit on the second half of aigad chapter 2, and then just wrote a bunch of notes for myself on how to proceed (and a little example for one of the later scenes in the chapter just to demonstrate).

Had the day off and went into a writing frenzy. I managed to output nearly 3,000 words for the next chapter. I feel like this is the darkest thing I wrote for my story so far.

05/20/21 - Just posted a 5200+ word chapter a while ago. It's strange how quickly I finished this one compared to my last chapter.

Last edited:
More notes yesterday. Funny thing to note would be the half hour in which I ended up rambling at length to myself over the tiny little details in the comic, and in the end the only things I was able to conclude was that two characters do not meet prior to in-comic events, as well as what goes on during the later scene in which I will have to improvise a whole conversation. Kind of.

Wrote some OC-related things yesterday, though I’m kinda thinking about scrapping that one - it delves into a topic that’s a bit too complex for me to handle.

In the meantime, wrote another chapter summary for aigad. Basically all the summaries I’ve written so far fall into one of three categories: a joke, an outright reference to something, or both. A bit odd considering that the fic is angsty as all heck...

Well, whatever. Have the one I wrote today - another reference to Hollow Song of Birds.
The sorrow dies down, then starts anew. Today and tomorrow, time will always flow onward to the future.

Even so, for you who remains trapped by your past, the wounds inflicted by those memories will never heal completely.

Not when you have to be reminded of it so often.

Got smacked with a momentary train of thought last night and wrote some paragraphs for aigad. Kinda looks a bit shitty, now that I think about it again, but whatever. That’s what first drafting is for.

407 words and also added/fixed the dialogue I set aside. Also tweaked something a couple days ago? Got an idea for a future scene while writing, but not going to put in the notes yet... though I probably should.

Hopefully my extremely unintended hiatus is over this time.

My next chapter is currently running about 2,000 words. It's intended to be a bit of a montage of scenes that happen back-to-back to further character interactions and worldbuilding. Character roster will expand soon.

I also took the time to read and review someone else's story. Will finish that tomorrow.

I wrote the first paragraph of my essay today. I need to finish it in a week but I have found bookwormessays service to help me with that task. These guys are pro in writings and often help me with my writings and proofreading check. Such services are great option for students.

Last edited:
138 words today, 68 of them may be scrapped since it doesn't feel quite right. Hopefully I can easily connect where I am with the previously-written dialogue and get to the event that stems from it, which might be easier to write.

Also added a bit to my notes of something I thought about when trying to fall asleep yesterday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom