• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

I'm starting to come up with some sort of concept for a character situation to write about, but haven't gotten much besides that, so I decided to work on another one of my unfinished writing prompts. I wrote 1313 words for the prompt, and I hope I can come up with more for this idea I have.

Last edited:
111 words, some slight tweaking, and saving the weather reference for the day because it changed to the station that has the good info. Had troubles focusing on writing, otherwise I probably would've written more.

The story is going to be rewritten. It may not take place in SWSH fic after all. The OC characters, some of the pokemon and the story is stays the same, with some changes. I tried and wanted to do SWSH fic, but it's not as fun as I thought it would be. Dynamax and Gigantamax is kind of a pain to write for along with pokemon battles, gym battles and writing about British/Scottish and Irish culture. I keep focusing on another fic constantly than the SWSH fic itself.

Dusting off a few one shots I've done over the years and polishing them up so I can hopefully publish them maybe. I'm also considering going back to my list of stories I wanna write.

Also editing Vampire AU Gracefulshipping because I must atone for not having a Twilight/Paranormal Romance phase.

Thought of a scene too hard last night and wound up writing it out, so that’s another page written for aigad chapter 4, I guess. The repeated sentence from chapter 2 makes a return, if slightly tweaked to fit the gravity of the scene, and I can’t help but think of that reference line as a sort of returning boss fight here, somehow. Kinda like it being the stage boss of chapter 2, and then making a return in chapter 4 as the midboss.

The line in question is “all that is left for you is to walk/all that is left to do is walk”, which is normally good advice for one going on a garden stroll, but can be used to surprisingly hilarious effect when the main character in question literally has no idea how to walk.

Found another unfinished writing prompt. This one is actually one I knew about, and knew I wanted to finish, but I just couldn't think about how to write the ending. It was a long one. Then, very early this morning my brain is like "Let's finish that." So after falling asleep on my computer (hilariously while typing so I ended up with over 3 pages of the letter T), I finished the prompt off, writing nearly 3000 words in just a few hours. I'm happy to finally be done with that prompt. It was looming over my head forever and I knew the finish but I just couldn't think of how to write it.

Kinda out of it both yesterday and today, though I did continue on aigad chapter 3, wrote half a page of the same scene in aigad chapter 4, and generally had some fun compiling what things I want to reference in aigad, because why not.

60 words today, energy and focus being kinda spotty. I changed plans Friday to start a project early because that section of it shouldn't take all that long (originally I was going to start it Saturday morning), and I was supposed to write some Saturday, but that went out the window because of some unforeseen hard drive issues (I had plenty of current backups, so I was fine, but it just ate time). I kinda ended up taking a break yesterday after finishing the last leg of the project.

aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA okay, chapter 3 has kicked my ass but at least I’m done with second drafting. 1.2k words, definitely much shorter than the last two, but there’s really no need to combine it with the next chapter.

Also decided to prewrite a kinda long AN yesterday, because the process of trying to answer that question deserves a fucking mention.

277 words, 62 of which will likely be completely replaced due to some research I ended up doing. Will need to digest the info a bit before I can write on after the replacement text.

Wrote about two pages of barebones scaffolding for aigad chapter 4, if only so I get the gist of the chapter enough to detail scenes out later.

More research, but I ended up with a lot of info that answered enough questions that I had, and wrote some in-story notes on a basic rundown from those notes.

About 900 words into the next chapter. Previous days have been draining lately.

I also had to rethink my worldbuilding a bit because of the circumstances I decided to introduce in this rebooted story. The setting was always PMD-esque post-apocalyptic (no humans left), but I never truly considered how the actual Pokémon creatures would pick up the pieces left behind by mankind.

One new dynamic I introduced was the "civilized" (vegetarian/vegan city dwellers) and the "uncivilized" (carnivorous/omnivorous wild creatures) Pokémon. Those who chose to emulate the human lifestyle and those who continued to live like wild Pokémon.

The "civilized" would try to adapt whatever they could salvage, albeit the loss of mankind means certain technologies would be more difficult to operate and lost to time. Because over 100 years would have passed since mankind vanished, a lot of electronics and electrical equipment would cease to work. With some excellent luck, they might find something that still works...

But this didn't stop the "civilized" from trying anyway, attempting to harness electricity for lighting and fans. For Pokémon to live in their own cities, they would still need basic necessities such as food, water and shelter. Their homes need to get cooled during hot summers and warmed during cold winters. And of course, some Pokémon need unique accommodations depending on species and typing. As an example, most doorways inside buildings have no actual doors, but insulated curtains to be easy to pass through. Seeing as how most Pokémon lack the proper appendages anyway, the "doorknob" is mostly useless.

My writing brain was all fired up today, wrote a good 2032 words in just a few hours early this morning. I started the day writing a character death scene, so that was a great, emotional start to my day. I get to write characters reacting to the loss of a loved one quite a bit, but this is probably only the second time I've written an actual death scene.

I've decided not to do SWSH fic anymore. I'll be doing ORAS instead. The foster home and the sibling rivarly storyline will still be here, but the toxic friendship will be removed and the character names will be changed.

The handicapped boy (used to be Rory) and the fraternal twins (Gwen and Wayne) will still be in this story but the rest are all removed and is replaced with a chubby girl character (which I was planning to make the pastel goth Lottie to be at the time). The wheelchair boy is still a foster kid and the chubby girl is also a foster kid.

Another round of research. Found the answer to something I was going to handwave, and some info on some things that look the same but operate differently. Wasn't sure if I was going to write today, but I was just too tired after I finally got home.

Finally kicked myself to write the beginning of a story brewing in my head for months and wrote seven and a half pages of the aftermath of i’m gonna make sure your loved ones never find you, from the perspective of Alyssa’s sister reacting to her disappearance. She’s only reached the part where she begins to suspect that her sister has jumped down Mount Ebott, though she doesn’t have enough evidence to back that up for herself yet.

Back
Top Bottom