• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Had a major boost this morning. Chapter's currently sitting at around 2,800 words. Wandered into some Eldritch territory. Things can only get "better" from here.

I'm also going to try a daily quota of 1 review per day as well.

Wrote the next chapter of Chaos Rising today ("Brewing Up Trouble").

Anyway, Viola got the Hell Reaper Scythe that the Hero faction took from the Eraser Reaper Demon and had it reforged and purified, now having a new, powerful weapon at her disposal. However, Robert is up to his old schemes again. He targets the brewery village of Malt Himbeergeist, which is almost legendary for its booze, and uses magic and curses alongside his rapier to cut them off from their water supply. He gives them an ultimatum: join the Four Stars Church and he'll return their water or he'll let their livelihoods, and several economies that depend on their alcohol, crumble. The village summons the Heroes in hopes that they can figure out a way to save them from Robert's ultimatum. Celtic and Leon manage to dispel the curse on the rapier so it can be grabbed normally, as otherwise no one can touch it. Tyroe attempts to force it out from underneath with his Earth powers but gets hit by a blowback effect that Robert put in the magic to repel the Shroud Hero party's abilities. Leon then has Ryan, who is the Sword Hero, and Gram, who is a swordsman, to pull the rapier out, since neither of them are officially part of the Shroud Hero party. The plan works and the two swordsmen remove the rapier, restoring the village to normal. The village celebrates and honors the Heroes and their allies for coming to their aid before the Hero faction returns home. Robert learns from a Templar Knight that his plan failed (and to add insult to injury, Zuzu threw his rapier into a manure pile, which the Templar Knight had to fish out but forgot to clean it), much to his fury. He swears he'll take down the Heroes no matter what it takes. The next chapter, "Akuji's Last Ride", will feature the final mission of the Demon General Akuji.

Forgive the double post (although it's been a day since last time), but I managed to write the next chapter of Chaos Rising ("Akuji's Last Ride").

The Hero faction have found one of the Shadogon veins in the Demon Realm and begin plans to send Celtic, Zuzu, King Duskbane, and several ShadoKnights after it, as it's in very dangerous territory. Meanwhile, Bronwen not only has come to the same conclusion about Shadogon, but she's discovered a major flaw in the cloning process: the more the user is cloned, the more damage it does to the mind and sanity. Because this is Akuji's third time getting cloned, he's now insane and his usefulness to Infinator has reached its end. Therefor Infinator sends him on one final suicide mission: to follow the Shadokor and destroy the Shadogon vein to prevent them from harvesting any. The now insane Akuji does so, keeping the other Heroes and their allies busy with Undead monsters while he confronts King Duskbane, Celtic, Zuzu, and the ShadoKnights. He eventually suffers from Shadogon buildup, which will destroy him, but as his last act he detonates the Shadogon vein, forcing King Duskbane's group to flee before it kills them. King Duskbane's group returns to the rest of the Heroes and Sylph explains that both sides took a loss: Infinator's side lost Akuji for good while the Hero side lost the largest vein of Shadogon in the Demon Realm, along with disgusting everyone at how Infinator and his faction merely wrote off and disposed of Akuji because he had become an inconvenience. After she leaves, however, Zuzu reveals that she managed to snatch one chunk of Shadogon, which she hid in her hair, single-handedly salvaging the mission. King Duskbane has it sent to Shadoria to be refined into stable cubes. The next chapter, "The Imperfect Storm", will feature the next phase of Infinator's plans.

Well, I think I topped my personal record of most words written in a day with 10851 words. Driven by the cute fluffy feelings lingering from my brother's wedding, I somehow pushed myself to write the final two chapters and an epilogue for this novel. I've been feeling the itch to write something different but I was really worried that if I started something new, I would never finish this. So, I pushed myself to finish it. Now I can be free. Lol jk. I do really love this story. Sure, some of the writing is absolute garbage, and it's so full of errors that rewriting everything would be easier than fixing it, but the story itself is good. It's taught me a lot about myself as a writer. It's my true intro into writing fantasy, and now that I've got it, I can work on bigger things.

But I'm not ready to leave this fic behind. I've come to the decision that I will have to find an artist at some point who is interested in the idea so we can make it into a graphic novel. I've never written anything for a graphic novel before, so I want this to be it.

Wrote about two pages of aigad chapter 4 during the past few days, skipping a scene momentarily so that I can just write something, and wrote a page for the crackfic a couple days ago. Also found out a way to structure aigad chapter 9, sort of, inspired by one of the chapters of an entirely different fanfic.

Nothing Friday as I was at a friend's until late. Saturday I had stuff to take care of and was fairly exhausted after getting home, and yesterday I was still kinda recovering from the partial sleep deprivation of the previous two nights, so nothing written either day. 314 words today, but would've written more if I hadn't been as tired after getting home.

Was distracted by a project yesterday while I was waiting for computer updates to downloads, and didn't feel like writing by the time I rebooted. 107 words today, along with trying to find some references to use. Got a little too caught up with the references that I continued narrating when I should've had dialogue, but I was able to use the new sentences as the beginning of the paragraph after the dialogue. I still need to finish the dialogue, but the main portion I wanted is written. Also got and read a manga volume that Momoka and a couple other characters in Electrowood talk about, and took notes of my thoughts while reading it. I technically got it yesterday, but I completely forgot about it until this morning (also it arrived a little after I finished dinner, so I wouldn't've had time to read and make notes anyway).

16 words today, most of which I thought of this morning and gets the dialogue moving again since I was a little stuck with it. Kinda had stuff to do yesterday and was also kinda tired overall, so nothing written yesterday.

Wrote a few OC-related things over the past few days, and bridged the gap between one scene and the next in aigad chapter 4. I might try to finish the rest of the chapter’s first draft tonight (it’s not too long anyway, just some thoughts, the ending and one page of dialogue I skipped over), keyword being might.

Wasn't sure if I was going to write today because there were some project stuff to take care of, but got 14 words in. Probably will have to tweak, but better than nothing.

I worked on Oldale's wordbuilding yesterday.

Oldale will have a retirement/community center, antique shop, library, deli store, few pocket nieghborhoods, post office (which its associated with Wingull and Pelipper) and some first floor office buildings. There might be a dollar store and a charity shop (eg. Goodwill).

Oldale does have school buildings but they don't have that much, since there's less than a thousand people living in Oldale and Littleroot (Possibly 500 or 600 people in total). Anyone who lived there goes to Oldale Academy or in Petalburg, which they have to catch the bus or drive a car to get there).

Oldale Academy is the only one that is a large school building with grades kindergarten to twelve grade.

Second-drafted and posted the 1.1k oneshot, and wrote about a page of aigad chapter 4 yesterday. I am so close to the end - just three more pages, mostly dialogue, I can do this. (Hopefully.)

Been hacking up a storm for over a week now with no sign of an end in sight. Practically all my productivity and motivation has fallen into pieces because of it so I have been using whatever energy I have to job search for instead of writing.

I managed to come up with an idea to write this evening, but who knows if I'll end up writing it.

Wrote the final two pages of first draft two days ago, and nothing besides some looking over yesterday (which also made me realize that I must’ve been real tired when I wrote the dialogue, because four paragraphs following the same dialogue + dialogue tag + dialogue pattern? In a row? insane lmao). The entire first draft is about 17 pages total, though to be fair I did end up writing the entire thing in several bits and pieces (and wrote several oneshots/misc in between draft segments, so clearly this is about as disorganized as it gets) so it might be shorter than it actually seems.

Not in the best headspace today, though I might attempt some second drafting. Maybe.

So, I got Chapter 8 of Stray posted. Once again, I broke my record of highest word count in a single chapter, which is 7.9K this time. Funnily enough, most of it was a long battle sequence. I think I learned a thing or two about structuring battle scenes for this one. Also got quite a bit of character development out of this one, so I'd say this is my strongest chapter yet.

Back
Top Bottom