• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Thought I’d be way out of it today, but somehow managed to write two short OC ficlets and get 1.1k words/7 pages into second-drafting aigad chapter 4, and found some music that I can actually listen to while doing so. Overall, weirdly productive day.

Managed to write the next chapter of Chaos Rising today ("The Imperfect Storm"). This one took a bit, as I knew how I wanted to go but was having trouble ironing out certain details.

Anyway, Infinator is making his next move. He sends Sylph, Adelram, and Alastor into the Demon Realm to find more materials and recruit new allies while Bronwen remains behind for another task. The Heroes learn of this (along with the fact that several herds worth of Shadow Bison got past the ShadoKnights and are now an invasive species) and thus pursue after the Demon Generals. Celtic pulls out his Electric Bubble Shroud to cast Lightning Aura to protect everyone from the hostile environment while King Duskbane provides them with a retooled tracking device that they had taken from Akuji a while back in order to hunt down the Demon Generals. They succeed in finding them only for each Demon General to escape with three new recruits: a Prism Demon, a Elemental Demon, and a Magician Demon, thus the Heroes failed to stop them. However, not all is lost, as the Shadogon cubes had been completed and King Duskbane used them to remove the energy coating on the gateway and seal it back up, thus cutting Infinator off from the Demon Realm once again. This also lessens the Heroes' workloads since they no longer have to do double-duty for now. They return to Delgunner, knowing that their enemies just got stronger. The next chapter, "History of the Heroes", will reveal the backstories of the other Heroes.

Nothing written, but got a general timetable mostly made, so it's easier to keep track of how long they've been in the park and such. Will need to work on the timetable again when I have their lunch location sorted out.

Wrote the next chapter of Chaos Rising today ("Histories of the Heroes"). I actually started it yesterday but a migraine cut my attempt short. Didn't really matter as I spent some time rehearsing the ideas to iron them out.

Anyway, Infinator crowns his three new Demon Generals with their new names: Caym, Seth, and Kalaraja for the Prism, Elemental, and Magician Demon, respectively, asking Sylph to show them the ropes. Meanwhile, on the Hero side of things, King Alvin gets a new medicinal hot tub installed in an unused room in the castle in hopes of it helping heal is bad back. This was because he had heard Queen Wuya talk about her family's medicinal hot tub and decided to have one made for his family. He later extends the invitation to the Heroes and their allies to use it, with Celtic getting in first. However, he's soon joined by the other four Heroes. Despite past hostilities, they decided to use this quality time together to try to forge a more lasting bond of trust between them, starting with their backstories and why they act the way they do. Turns out the other Heroes died in some form or another before getting summoned to, and subsequently brought back to life, by Zakota: Ryan got murdered by a serial killer saving his best friend, Lucas was killed by three yanderes because he was too much of a player, Eric plummeted to his death due to an open manhole, and Jerry got killed by flying debris from a construction site, meaning Celtic was the only one of the five who didn't die prior to summoning. They also explained where they got their vices from: Celtic had abusive adoptive aunts and uncles, Ryan was socially distant, Lucas was a horrible judge of character who wanted to live the dream, Eric was born into poverty, and Jerry was relentlessly bullied because of his short, feminine stature. Because of the fact the four of them all died, Celtic explains the nature of the summoning ritual to them, stating that the four of them were the Sword, Spear, Axe, and Bow's back-up candidates, as the Orichalcum builds of those four Legendary Gear caused a massive flaw in the summoning ritual, as opposed to the Shroud's Chaos Magnite build, which grants it a perfect summoning ritual rate. At the end of this heart-to-heart the five Heroes have come to more of an understanding and have gained more respect for each other, especially toward Celtic. The next chapter, "Weathering the Weather", will feature Seth's first mission as a new Demon General

Nothing much today, other than writing out the rest of the dialogue for this chapter and practically nothing else. I’ll fill in the introspection and dialogue tags tomorrow, and hope that this somewhat solves the problem of repeating the same sequence about a million times.

874 words, including dialogue, to finish up scene 2 today. Kinda funny how much I deviate from first draft at certain points, and just casually add narrative humor and angst because clearly, this chapter has a coherent vibe.

…I need sleep.

I did some planning for a couple of fics yesterday and one today, as well as starting to write it. I love writing AUs of my own ideas and I came up with one for the piece I just finished recently. I'm sure I won't finish the whole AU, but maybe some of the intro stuff would be fun to write. I wrote 645 words for it today.

Managed to write the next chapter of Chaos Rising ("Weathering the Weather"). Like normal with me, I started this yesterday but, as always, a migraine kept me from finishing it.

Anyway, the new Demon Generals: Caym, Seth, and Kalaraja are awaiting their first mission from Infinator. Infinator decides to send Seth out first to test his vast elemental powers, with Sylph going as backup in case things go south. They attack Delgunner at dawn, much to the Heroes' displeasure, as they wanted breakfast first. Nevertheless, the Heroes proceed to the battlefield. Seth begins his attack alongside an army of Fan Tanks, Icegoons, Volt Hammerheads, Red Volcores, and Wood Soldiers, with Sylph standing by to monitor the situation. The Hero faction fights bravely, managing to defeat the monsters and severely damage Seth, along with learning that whenever Seth changes elements he gains that element's weakness. Seth, however, still puts up quite a fight and is even able to pierce Celtic's defenses at times, along with actually hurting several soldiers. Celtic pulls out the Charge Engine Demon Shroud again and attempts to use it to blow Seth to bits but Sylph uses Teleport to save both herself and Seth from the final explosion, ending the battle. Meanwhile, Wench reports to Robert about the recent events, as they're a bit behind on the times, including Infinator's most recent additions to his ranks. Robert is cooking up a new scheme in order to pay Celtic back for destroying Seraph Abbey. The next chapter, "Battle of War and Hate", will feature Robert's latest attempt to take down the Hero faction.

I have no fucking clue how the hell aigad chapter 4 comes out at 3278 words, considering the length of the last chapter, but whatever. Threw that onto the AO3 a little while ago.

No chapter today. Instead, as suggested by users on another hangout of mine, I decided to start a Monster List for the Demon Realm. I've gotten about 23 pages worth of various monsters, categorized in the same manner as Zakota's list. The first few pages are repeats of some of the monsters in Zakota due to the fact that those monsters are invasive species from the Great Demon War. This list will also contain the various demon breeds, which will be listed in a different way due to having more specific natures and traits. This list also caused me to modify the current Item List I've been working on, as it introduces some new items like Dark Honeycomb and Mech Sword. A lot of the monsters are what you'd expect from the Demon Realm (Undead, Lesser Demon, Mutant, etc), while there are a few that might be surprising. Will continue it later.

Attempted the “transformation sequence” present in aigad chapter 5, spent far too long staring at the pages where this occurs, and ended up writing a really rough sequence of things that happen. There are some things on the list I can leave out in the final draft due to Napsta not noticing some of it, which unfortunately does not include the chest plate and both arms. The best logic I can come up with for the aforementioned things probably breaks the law of conversation of mass, and my willing suspension of disbelief (moreso arms than chest), and yes I know magic is technically a thing here, but I’ll be bonking my head against a brick wall anyway trying to get things to make some sense.

Managed to write the next chapter of Chaos Rising ("Battle of War and Hate"). I initially didn't think I'd finish it until tomorrow, as I was waiting for a furniture company to deliver my new mattress for most of the day, but I somehow got it done faster than expected.

Anyway, Robert is about to execute his newest plan against the Hero faction. His target: the Druids, specifically Queen Rease, who is Celtic's biological aunt, in an attempt to force the Shroud Hero's hand. At the same time Queen Rease reveals where Robert set up his base: Starmist Valley, the same location where the Chaos Chimera once slept, as the Master Karma Diamond finally locked onto Robert's Karma Diamond. However, he took extra precautions to prevent anyone, not just demons, from entering his home base by erecting a special barrier that repels all outside attempts to get in. She then gives Celtic the Master Karma Diamond, as it would be safer with him. The following day Robert begins his plan to capture Wichwoode and hold Queen Rease hostage, as the Druids are defenseless by themselves. However, the Heroes, their allies, and King Duskbane's army managed to get their first and prepared for battle. As usual, Robert attempts to use Skull Bells and a Tankor Controller to summon monsters to do his bidding but thanks to Celtic's devious idea earlier the Heroes turn that strategy against him. By using the Ringmonster-based Gear they got from his last attack to take control of the monsters themselves and have them attack Robert's group instead. Robert manages to kill the monsters with his Sacred Cannon attack but Celtic blocks it from hurting him, his allies, and Wichwoode. The Shroud Hero then proceeds to give Robert and Wench a scathing "Reason You Suck" speech after the latter two went off on a hate-filled rant before the Hero faction attempts to capture them. Robert and his army flee the scene. Leon suspects that the next time they tangle will be during an all-out revolution, with King Duskbane already planning to send in his self-cloaking Spy-Bugs to find out what Robert is planning so they can counter it when the day comes. The next chapter, "Magic Mayhem", will feature Kalaraja's battle debut against the Heroes.

Since Hoenn is known to have a lot of water, splash pad parks swimming pools, aquariums and water parks will be a bit more commonplace. There will be more hot springs and sand baths beside the one in the pokemon center in Lavaridge. Beach houses, vacation luxruy homes, beach shacks, little rooms to change into your swimsuit and vendors will be seen on almost every beach in Hoenn.

Wrote the next chapter of Chaos Rising this morning ("Magic Mayhem").

Infinator sends out his next new Demon General, Kalaraja, to attack the Heroes, with Sylph going as backup again. Kalaraja reveals that he can summon any monsters at will, including ones from the Demon Realm, which means Infinator doesn't need to use the Monster Generator when he's deployed. Kalaraja puts that ability to good use when he fights the Hero faction, summoning several Demon Realm-based monsters to fight against the Heroes. His monster army is even able to pierce and even destroy some of Celtic's defensive abilities like Shield Wall and Meteor Barrier. Kalaraja himself is no slouch with his various magical attacks and was even able to attack Skye under the guise of her Illusion magic, nearly killing her if not for some quick thinking on Celtic's part. However he and Sylph are forced to flee when Celtic's Mirror Force Reflector sends Kalaraja's Magic Fire right back at him, nearly killing the new Demon General with his own attack. Celtic's armor was damaged during the fight so he plans to get it upgraded again at Danial's Blacksmith. The next chapter, "Build, Customize, Accessorize", will be somewhat filler-ish, as it'll allow the Heroes to recover, along with some other events that'll play a part in later chapters (and it gave me an excuse to make a Zoids-related title, heheheh).

Forgive the double post but I managed to get the next chapter in Chaos Rising done sooner than expected ("Build, Customize, Accessorize"). This chapter is a bit filler-ish but it does offer some character development (and, like I said before, it gave me an excuse to use a Zoids-related title).

Anyway, the Shroud Hero party has split up to do various errands while things are peaceful. Celtic is also getting his Chaos Magic Armor upgraded, hoping to get it done before either enemy makes their next move. Gram then approaches him and Skye and requests to buy one of Celtic's homemade accessories so the former can give it to one of his party members as a birthday gift. Celtic let's Gram take a Magic Crystal Bracelet for free, as the Flugel Kingdom knight has been a very valuable ally, thus he felt the need to be generous to a friend, much to Gram's joy. Celtic ends up attracting a few groups of adventurers looking to buy some of his accessories, allowing the Shroud Hero party to make some extra money. They are then confronted by Sludge, Jade, and Wimp, the former Light Elf royal family. The trio has been making good on their promise to reform but Skye still doesn't trust Sludge. However, thanks to an idea, she says if Sludge and Jade give her and Celtic their blessings to get married then she'll consider trusting them again. Jade does so without hesitation, while Sludge eventually follows after a brief moment of mental debate. This earned him the title he wanted Skye to call him for quite some time after he betrayed her: father, meaning that Skye is willing to trust him again, though she does warn him to stay on his current path of reformation and not cause Celtic any more problems, otherwise he'll be back to where he started post-betrayal. The next chapter, "Refracted Reflections", will feature the Heroes battling Caym, the Prism Demon.

I wrote 2827 words for a writing prompt today. I had the idea for the prompt very early this morning and was much more inspired to write it then. Honestly it probably would have turned out better if I wrote it then too but I needed to sleep. Felt kind off writing it today, so I might rewrite it at some point, or maybe I'll just let it be.

Edit: It kept bothering me so I erased it all and rewrote it. I'm much happier with the final product. It's a bit shorter than the last one was at 2293 words, but it makes better use of the prompt and the characters feel more real now.

Last edited:
Believe it or not I actually had enough oomph left to write the next chapter ("Refracted Reflections"). Needless to say I'm exhausted.

Anyway, it's time for Caym to be deployed against the Hero faction with Sylph acting as back up again. As usual Caym is flanked by several monsters: Fire Hammerheads, Mud Jellyfish, Rok-Ko Roads, and a few Bronze Craggy. Once again the other Heroes have to pull out some new tricks in order to topple these foes, as they were capable of shattering some of Celtic's defensive abilities. Caym then proceeds to use an AOE attack called Prism Panic that strikes both friend and foe, forcing Celtic to call out his Shadow Negation ability to stop the AOE attack. The two then start engaging in a back-and-forth between Refractor Beam and Mirror Force Reflector. Skye and Zuzu then add in their own Dark element spells into the mix, which allows the Mirror Force Reflector to prevail and send Caym and Sylph packing. The Hero faction feels confidence in themselves that they were able to defeat the three newest Demon Generals. The next chapter, "The Seven Sins Versus the Seven Sinners", will feature the Shroud Hero party effectively meeting their "evil counterparts" for the first time, throwing yet another wrench in the war.

Back
Top Bottom