• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

1537 words today. I'm not so sure how to really start this fic so I just kind of picked a direction and went with it. I wrote quite a bit for it, but idk it feels kind of soulless to me. Probably gonna drop it unless I can find a different angle.

This wouldn't be a problem though if I would just work on the books I actually want to publish lol.

Making sure I don't get caught up in my own web of timeline, looking up Japanese 3DS game release dates, going in a very different direction on the start of this segment, and editing the next chapter - featuring THE REFERENCE that has needed to happen been ever since Nori Carino came to Bulbagarden. Except not really yet.

Continued on chapter 7 scene 2 last night, wrote some more for the co-writing thing, and had a pretty awesome in my opinion realization about the new title I gave chapter 7 (night of the soul), with most of it stemming from the fact that I can make a Detroit: Become Human reference, which connects to quite a few other things.

Just decided to discard the dialogue idea since I couldn't get the train of thought back of how it was supposed to start/go; it would also been fairly short dialogue anyway. Hopefully I'll actually be able to write tomorrow...

(Edit) Forgot I also thought of a bit more to add to the beginning of Electrowood and added a comment to the beginning of the document, see if I do it or not much later though.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's because I wrote a review for another fanfic, the fact that I haven't posted a new chapter in more than a month, or the fact that I'm once again imagining animatics in my head while listening to music, but I got a sudden boost of motivation to write Chapter 4 of PHAV.

Got the worst case of insomnia since over a year ago yesterday night, and am still recovering from that somewhat, so about a page of chapter 6 yesterday to plot the introspection of scene 2 and write the ending, and some work on the co-writing thing today. Here’s one notable line from that:
“Lmao what are you gonna do, taser me to death with that tiny ray gun of yours?”

Susie raised her mech’s plasma cannon, the lightning crackling with downright murderous intent. “Exactly.

So the MikuNagi smut became Smut With Feelings (is that the right term? I tried looking it up, and I never got a clear definition) with a lot of stuff about exploring gender, love, relationships, stigma, and sexuality. Maybe it will get to the point where I can post it on AO3.

In other news, I suddenly had the urge to add onto a Criminal AU fic I wrote to add more plot. A lot of stretches were stretched, but it's my fic, and I get to choose to stretch.

I also worked on But How Will It Be.

Alright, learnt something new yesterday — attempting to sing while typing doesn’t work out all that well, apparently enough. Made it 388 words into the second draft of chapter 6, enough to get the beginning introspection out of the way before moving on to actual dialogue, and somehow came up with a plot bunny for something completely different and wrote about a page of the idea last night.

Update: I’m not sure when “introspection” turned into “lightly ribbing the main protagonist for their somewhat unhealthy coping mechanism”, but if it works at gradually nudging them to go out for the first time in days, it works I guess. And the ribbing in question:
From what you’ve been able to pick up in the past hour, give or take several hours, Alphys and Sans have been discussing housing plans and land usage and some other things that may or may not have flown right over your head. Granted, population growth statistics isn’t the most interesting topic to overhear (and you may have drifted off at some point but who knows, honestly), but you’d take this over your own depressing introspection for the millionth time today.

On that note, this is practically becoming your life now, and that notion is about as equally depressing. What are you even supposed to do with the incredibly dry stuff you’ve learnt about politics, economics, laws, and several other things you definitely have forgotten in the midst of your regrets? Attempt to have the most downer conversation on things you barely know the details of? Actually, come to think of it, can you even start a conversation in the first place?

…the sheer certainty in your answer doesn’t offer that much comfort, really. Point being, you should probably do something, anything else besides sitting here like you have been for the past uncountable number of days…though admittedly, this is a comfortable (if uneventful) place, and there’s no helping you if you simply don’t feel like it. Guess you’ll just have to take your time with this, boring as it occasionally might be…which is unfortunate, but whatever else are you to do?

Last edited:
Motion sickness sucks. I hope you're doing better. :bulbaLove:
Yeah, I took a break first time I felt something, then decided to stop when I started to feel it again.

280 words and some extra today. While I did leave some in-story notes, I ended up not knowing what I originally had in mind for the dialogue, so I struggled with it a bit. Past the dialogue I started writing the last bits of their time at the location, but then realised I skipped a part of my notes, so I have 70 words that I set aside (originally there was a few more words, but they were deleted because they were no longer usable).

Yeah, I took a break first time I felt something, then decided to stop when I started to feel it again.

280 words and some extra today. While I did leave some in-story notes, I ended up not knowing what I originally had in mind for the dialogue, so I struggled with it a bit. Past the dialogue I started writing the last bits of their time at the location, but then realised I skipped a part of my notes, so I have 70 words that I set aside (originally there was a few more words, but they were deleted because they were no longer usable).
Woah how do you do the black line things?

Added 310 words to the second draft doc, and now to get smacked upside the head by this conversation! Fun times are to be had. Also went and wrote some bit of the co-writing thing, not much though.

I think you go to the three dots on the right of the image icon, and then tap the horizontal line on the right? Worked for me.

From the formatting toolbar thing: click on the three vertical dots to the right of the mask, click the line on the left
With BBCode: [HR][/HR]
I forgot when it was added, but it's still pretty new. (I was also ninja'd by Rockium since I had this typed up beforehand so I wouldn't forget to type it.)

335 words today, most of which connected where I was with what I saved. Probably could've written more, but after the connection, I kinda needed a break (it also doesn't help that I had to look up churros while Umi and Kira were kinda talking about them, so yeah, churro craving and slight hunger). Also finally was able to close a bunch of tabs that had references, so now I don't have to have one or more of them eat RAM (fixed by restarting Firefox) or have a second window open whenever I restart Firefox. Still have stuff to write before the end of the event and I have to catch Uncoloured up.

Back
Top Bottom