• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

I attempted to write the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today (especially since I got my new keyboard and mouse combo) but I was only able to get a page done before completely losing steam and crashing. I think after several consecutive chapters in such a short period of time I've finally burned myself out. Plus I think I'm starting to get carpal tunnel in my hands, as they keep cramping and are in pain, so I'm taking some time off to rest and recharge. It's slightly annoying, as not only do I have the general plot of the next chapter written out in my head, but I finally came up with another Shaman form for one of the main cast (Zeeker, in this case, and his Shaman form is the titular "Burning Beast"). But I know I've reached my limit for now, so that chapter will have to wait until my batteries are more recharged and my hands don't hurt as much.

I finished writing a background for this new fic I want to work on, and I tried to come up with some ideas for characters for it, but I just haven't been able to figure out what I want to do with them. Honestly, I think that's been my problem with writing recently, I come up with several ideas and am unable to pick one and eventually I decide I just hate all the ideas and get rid of everything. So, I'm just going to let it sit for a while and see if I come up with anything.

- Official In-Training: Editing pass on the last chapter. WARNING: LONGFIC NEARING COMPLETION!!

- Nori-focused sequel: Another paragraph in C6. And well, it's close enough, so let's call it by its proper name from now on, Blade of the Blackout Killer. In which he gets his first assignment as a Pokemon Rehabilitator: a Pokemon once belonging to a serial killer who is equally as twisted as its former trainer...

- Prema-focused sequel: A few words in its C6. This one is called Memory of a Ghoul, in which she sets out to help a group of deceased Pokemon haunting a old warehouse find peace! So why am I working on both at the same time besides to make progress in one when the other blocks me? They're concurrent. Nori and Prema play roles in the other's fic, but their plots are otherwise separate. (I could tie them together for one whole fic, but I'm choosing not to for a couple reasons)

Been a while since I replied here.

Currently at Chapter 132 (whew) of my Zelda story Heart of The Desert. Link, Nabooru and his Gerudo friends have all left to Hyrule to meet with the royal family, but they had to make a stop at Lon Lon Ranch, where they end up staying a few days having to work to earn their keep. It's there they meet Malon who seems to have a secret she's keeping, and there's the matter of cows disappearing at the ranch...

I have a few other story ideas I've been thinking of, including a Kirby story about the pink puffball ending up on a haunted island, a Smash Bros Ultimate series of one shots where the Smash gang go to save Spirits in crazy crossover battles, and even a Pokemon story based on Sword/Shield about a talented trainer who hates competitions and acts as a sort of metaphor for my retirement from the mainline Pokemon games.

Made a few before bed tweaks to Nova's and Nina's bios. In Nina's case I edited some of the previously planned information, as certain events made them either obsolete or strengthened them. I also added in the fact that, because she gains the Power of the Phoenix she can now transport the party anywhere via flying (although noting that she needs practice and to build up her stamina before she can ferry the entire party). In Nova's case because of a certain incident I decided to turn it into a running gag, where Nova ends up attracting and ultimately kidnapped by certain women and they attempt to rape him for whatever reasons they have (black comedy, I know, but it never actually succeeds due to Nina's timely intervention). It first happens with Joy the witch and I've since expanded it in my planning documents to be something of a gag, especially since Nova will frequently lampshade the absurdity of the situation, including his newfound status as a Chick Magnet on Edyn (which is the exact opposite of what he was on Earth, where he was undesirable at best in the eyes of women). I also updated him to said Chick Magnet status, as before he was a Clueless Chick Magnet (which I realized didn't really work for his character, since he did desire female attention due to being so lonely prior to meeting Nina), now he's a straight-up Chick Magnet, especially due to the aforementioned running gag.

Even though I was going to take a break Dawn of Courage's the next chapter's plot kept pestering me so I ultimately wrote it this morning ("Burning Beast").

The party is on their way to the next Undead Base, as they learned about it from the previous town. After finding it Kettu scopes it out, revealing the Undead Captain to be Grimlock, who Zeeker knows quite well for some reason. After mapping out a plan they attack the base. Zeeker then uses the Shaman Magic Bracelet and combines Fire and Wind, which are both of Grimlock's weaknesses, to become the Burning Beast. He then single-handedly tears the Undead Army platoon and Grimlock to pieces, though Nova does provide some assistance by using Guts at a crucial moment to prevent Zeeker from getting killed by a Death spell. After Zeeker calms down he reveals that he was part of the Beastman Resistance that he's been talking about for a while now, as one of their captains, so he already has a military history against Muu's forces. He blames himself for letting his army's victories go to their heads, allowing Vertebreak to knock them off their high horse and sic Grimlock after any survivors. Zeeker reveals he lost his spark due to the crushing survivor's guilt he was feeling and wasn't able to take up the fight again. That is until he met Nova, who was willing to fight despite being deathly afraid of Muu and his forces, which inspired Zeeker to take up the fight again, regaining his spark. Nova gives him a lesson about the price, and pain, of getting stronger, and how many will regret not having the strength needed when it would've been at it's most crucial, but tells him that the fact Zeeker has taken the fight up again will allow him to make amends for his failure and hopefully end the war with Muu. The next chapter, "Werecat Woes", features, you guessed it, Eoleo giving the party grief again.

About eight pages between yesterday and today of reworking the beginning of lights, camera, action, and getting to some parts later in the first half so I can just connect the dots later on.

- Official In-Training: Wrote out some extra content for Month 1 to expand it to four chapters. Notably, it's the first stuff I've written at home on my computer for the longest time, I still can do so. I also published the final chapter, officially completing the story at a little over a year and a half.

A little bit over four pages today to finish off the first scene of lights, camera, action. Turns out I kinda forgot to use one of the writing prompts I wanted to use here but oh well, that can be stuck somewhere in scene 2 I guess, and then I accidentally wrote in a detail that ties in a bit too depressingly with something else, which was fun.

Back
Top Bottom