• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

After an unplanned 3-week hiatus to focus on the writing game for a discord server, I'm back on First Steps, starting up on Part 7. Only written 81 words tonight. Feel like it'll probably be like that for a little while though as I get back into the swing of this story I haven't touched for 3 weeks.

268 words today, though starting was really slow. Might not be able to write tomorrow with stuff I have to take care of, guess I'll see what happens.

I wanted to write something this evening since tomorrow I'll be seeing a friend and likely won't have the energy to write anything after that. I ended up coming up with a new fic idea, so I wrote down the idea for that and a little background, and am now starting to develop the characters and plot.

After taking a short break from writing due to RL (and migraines) I got the next chapter of Dawn of Courage done today ("Liberation").

The party are making their way to Captain Goregon's base. They know that defeating Goregon will rid the current continent of Muu's influence so this is a pretty important battle. Nina sends Phantom to scope out the base, revealing that it not only has the usual Undead Soldiers, but also evolved Wood Anacondas as its defense. They also noticed that Goregon is using special armor that's being powered by a Magna Crystal cube, which would enhance him to greater strength if fought directly. So they opt to use a more cunning strategy. The main party will deal with the Undead Soldiers and Wood Anacondas so that Nova can use stealth to snipe the Magna Crystal so it'll explode, taking Goregon out with it before he has a chance to fight. Nina and Zeeker use their Shaman forms Goddess of Phoenixes and Burning Beast, respectively, to create their powerful AOE combo attack, allowing the rest of the party easier time dealing with the rest of the Undead Soldiers. Nova then strikes the Magna Crystal cube with a Fire Shot, setting the stage for the crystal to explode. Goregon attempts to use it as a suicide bomb but Sir Reginald's Barrier snuffs that strategy out, resulting in Goregon taking out himself and the remaining Undead Soldiers instead. They enter the base and find a Comet Core, which they deduce was used to evolve the Wood Anacondas into stronger forms, taking it with them before destroying the base. Now they need to buy tickets for a ship ride to the next continent, as they've scored a major victory against Muu today. The next chapter, "Sailor Shenanigans", features the party trying to get a ride on a ship.

Forgive the double post (although it's been more than 12 hours since then) but I got the next chapter of Dawn of Courage done ("Sailor Shenanigans").

The party have made their way to the nearest port town. They buy tickets for the ship to the next continent. However, they run into a snag: Zig and his crew are sexist pricks who refuse to let Nina on the ship despite the fact that the guild rules say otherwise. Nova has zero tolerance for sexism and is ready to start something with Zig. Zig tries to threaten him with his Bite Piranha familiar, only for Nova to summon Elora to effortlessly one-up the jerk sailor and his crew, sending them flying into the ocean. The Guild Master, Henri, and his wife, Coral, appear on the scene and quickly piece together the situation. Henri sends out his familiar, a Tsunami Seahorse, to fetch Zig and his crew before they get eaten by an aquatic monster, and explains everything about Zig's history with the guild, along with his relationship with Henri and Coral. He promises to end Zig's sexists issues once and for all. When Maelstrom the Tsunami Seahorse returns with Zig Henri fires the sailor and his crew, as this issue has come up too many times to allow Zig to go unpunished. Zig attempts to threaten Henri but Maelstrom stops him cold, forcing him and his crew to leave, but not before vowing to get back at Henri for everything. Kettu suggest that Henri has some guild workers guard the ship to ensure that Zig doesn't try anything. Henri and Coral agree and allow the party to stay at the inn for free until they get replacement sailors to run the ship. The next chapter, "Ship Wreckers", features the aftermath of this event.

Despite being rather tired due to the heat I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Ship Wrecker").

It's the following night after Zig and his crew were fired for their sexism causing trouble. As predicted Zig and his crew snuck onto the ship during the night and sabotaged the engine, tossing several parts and the Magna Crystal cube powering it overboard. However, they're caught in the act and Henri proves his salt by decking all three of them, much to Coral's joy. The following morning Henri informs the party of what happened and asked Nova to assist due to him carrying things like his Digi-Pack and Hoverboots. Nova takes over the engine repairs, as he can fix it within 24 hours, but asks to be left alone as he works, to Nina's reluctance. As he works Nina brings him some lunch, much to his gratitude. Before nightfall Nova completes the repairs, leaving the last bit, which is to install a Magna Crystal cube, to the guild. Henri also reveals that he's got Zig's replacement lined up so the party will soon be on their way over the ocean. The next chapter, "Nautical Nonsense" (no points for guessing where this title came from), features the party crossing the ocean.

Forgive the double post (again, although it's been a while since last time) but because I got up too early again I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Nautical Nonsense").

The party are finally on their way across the ocean. Henri's new crew consists of a human captain, a buffalo-type Beastman, a young Magic Clan warlock, and a female Wererabbit. Nina is enjoying the trip, getting a bit of romantic time with Nova in the process. A Nautilus attacks the ship but is easily dispatched due to Nova exploiting its extreme weakness to Lightning attacks because of its bubble barrier amplifying said weakness, allowing the party to collect the shell to sell. Nova and Alex the warlock then make lunch, as the former was requested by Bullwinkle the buffalo Beastman to lend a hand, before selling one of his custom magical accessories to Mary Ann the Wererabbit. However, they soon find another Nautilus which is trying to eat Dominic, showing that he survived their last encounter. Nova blasts the Nautilus and the party collects the shell but fully intends to abandon Dominic out at sea, only for him to latch onto the paddlewheel of the ship, forcing Alex to levitated him off of it and onto the deck. Captain Conner forces the party and Dominic into a truce, to the party's great reluctance, only complying since attacking Dominic could risk damaging the ship, but not before putting some conditions on the truce to keep Dominic in line. Dominic is then forced to work to earn his keep since he didn't pay for a ticket while Nina retreats the crow's nest to keep Dominic out of her hair. The next chapter, "Mermaid Melody", features the party meeting the Ningyo Clan.

Nothing Friday as I was about as tired as I had expected to be (or possibly a little more tired than that), nothing Saturday as I was working on a project while waiting for a package, and 203 words today and some research.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Mermaid Melody"). A bit stop-and-go but I got it done.

It starts off a little while after Dominic was "rescued" from the sea. Nina is sulking in the crow's nest, as she doesn't trust Dominic. Kettu calls her down, saying that Nova requests her presence, which she complies. Nova and Nina have a private discussion about what she may face if she follows Nova back to Earth to become his bride. However, despite any possible problems that could arise she's adamant about staying with Nova for the rest of her life, not caring what anyone would say or think. Their conversation is soon interrupted by singing. They join the rest of the people on the ship to see a trio of naked sunbathing mermaids from the Ningyo Clan. Nova and Van avert their eyes to prove their loyalty to their respective lovers while Dominic proves what lustful slimeball he is by practically drooling over them. The party asks the mermaids about the attacks out at sea, with them revealing it was, in fact, Captain Boneacuda and his zombie sharkmen. The mermaids request the party deal with Boneacuda and his platoon, as they've not only been terrorizing ships but also the Ningyo Clan, to which the party agrees. Dominic ends up falling overboard and disgustingly starts molesting the mermaids, which they respond by beating him up, throwing him back on the ship, and spouting words of contempt at him. The ship moves on, as the party now knows who the enemy is. Nova and Nina have a romantic moment, to Dominic's fury, before Nova leaves to help Alex with dinner. Nina gives Dominic a "Reason You Suck" speech before following Nova, the rest of the party following suit, with Mary Ann throwing in one last insult at Dominic, who vows to prove otherwise. The next chapter, "That Sinking Feeling", features the battle with Captain Boneacuda and his zombie sharkmen.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("That Sinking Feeling"). A bit stop-and-go but I got it done in the end.

Anyway, the ship's passengers are heading for bed after dinner. Bullwinkle tries to throw Dominic outside but he retaliates by trying to steal Nova's cabin, only for Bullwinkle to hogtie him and leave him out on the deck. The next day the ship soon spots Captain Boneacuda's ship and prepares for battle. Sir Reginald and Angelo take on their Terra Dark Knight and Tsunami Knight forms, respectively, while Nina transforms into her newest Shaman form: Sea Witch Siren, a Water/Light combo form. Dominic attempts to make himself look like a big-shot only to predictably screw up and nearly get mauled by the zombie sharkmen. Nina uses Siren's Song to put her enemies (and Dominic) asleep and restore her allies to fully strength, allowing Sir Reginald, Nova, Angelo, and Alex to launch preemptive attacks, destroying the zombie sharkmen and ultimately Boneacuda himself, ending the fight. The party raids the Undead Army ship for valuables before Angelo destroys it with Maelstrom. They are praised by the Ningyo Clan and their leader, King Shax, who rewards Nova with an Ocean Stone that Dominic tries to steal, only to get a horseshoe to the crotch. After the merfolk leave Nova and Dominic get into an argument that results in the latter slashing the former with his broken sword, but that means he violated the truce, allowing the party to literally eject Dominic from the ship via Nina's Aqua Cannon attack and out to sea. They move on, as the seas are now safe from Muu's forces, while Dominic is dragged underwater and presumably eaten by a jellyfish monster. The next chapter, "Arena of Lost Souls", features the party dealing with another soul-powered Undead Captain.

Back
Top Bottom