• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

- Memory of a Ghoul: Rethinking some scenes. Got interrupted before I could start in the afternoon, tried writing late only to just sit there blankly, mostly out of feeling down for no particular reason. Actually, negative progress because I discarded a scene, but I rethought something else and am implementing its relevant contents anyway.

Minor stuff this morning. I rewrote certain aspects of the most recent Dawn of Courage chapter, mostly stuff regarding the "Beast Claws" items (the items that were in the crates from Muu, not the stolen items). This is because I wanted to give them more unique properties. Initially they were just going to be one-use items that cast a certain spell but I instead took some inspiration from Trials of Mana and Shield Hero to rework the concept a bit (otherwise they'd be no different from the Elemental Coins that are in this series). Now they have more interesting effects, such as giving the user's attacks a certain element for a short time, summoning unique abilities like an Air Strike Shield clone or elemental auras, and granting certain traits like illusion-making, teleportation, and more. This is because both the Beast Claws and Elemental Coins will play a role in the upcoming chapter (which I'm not going to do today as I'll be with my folks for the 4th of July). This caused me to rewrite about two pages worth of stuff, along with needing to reprint four pages for my proofreader since some of the content on the pages got shifted as a result. That should do for now, as it'll help setup the next chapter more readily.

1103 words today and I think some research? Was a little slow getting started, but about half of the words was fairly easy to come by with the reference video.

Nothing yesterday (too unsettled and then too tired), and 81 words today (before losing focus and then having to do project stuff).

Despite being with my folks for part of the day I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Assembling Amazing Accessories"). Turns out I had started it a while ago but RL got in the way and I forgot about it, taking an unintended break, but I finished it today.

Anyway, the party are stuck in the inn due to a rainstorm. Nova and Nina make use of the time to make more magical accessories while the rest of the party play games. The duo use some of the new items they got and managed to craft three new accessories: a Torch Armlet (made from a Torch Coin), a Air Shield Gauntlet (made from an Eagle Claw confiscated from Muu's army last chapter), and an Aqua Energy Gauntlet (made from a Merbeast Claw, also confiscated from Muu's army last chapter). While they can't test the Torch Armlet (as it can cast one of three random Fire spells), they are able to test the Air Shield Gauntlet and Aqua Energy Gauntlet, which summon an Air Strike Shield clone (called an Eagle Shield) and imbue the user with Water energy temporarily, respectively. Nina is quite impressed as items like Eagle Claws, Merbeast Claws, and Torch Coins are one-time use items yet Nova figured out how to turn them into multi-use items, saying those accessories would be quite popular as a result, especially due to how rare the base items are to begin with. With the groundwork set for new accessories for Nova to make the party rest on their laurels. The next chapter, "Fires of the Past", will feature Zeeker's past start to catch up to him.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this morning ("Fires of the Past"). It's short but it sets up a new plot point.

Anyway, the party is heading to the next village. However, they find it in ruins, along with the surrounding area has been "cursed" that prevents plant life from growing. Zeeker reveals that this village was one of the Beastman Resistance's bases but it was utterly destroyed when Muu sicced Vertebreak on them. The party can clearly see that Zeeker still holds some feeling of guilt for his role in the destruction of the resistance and the deaths of his allies. They soon detect something within the ruins only to find a mole-type Beastman named Stu, who is an old friend of Zeeker's and part of the previous resistance. Turns out the Beastman Resistance is still alive, to everyone's surprise, but they've been laying low until they rebuild their resources and army, and Stu was assigned to return to this location to see if anything could be salvaged. Stu also points the party in the direction of their next target: Glass Mountain, where Captain Boneshield is stationed. He requests the party come to Silver Moon Forest later, where the Beastman Resistance is stationed, to help the resistance and boost morale, as Zeeker's very presence alone would bring great relief and confidence to the surviving forces. He then tunnels his way out of the area, allowing the party to move on. Zeeker is quite surprised that the Beastman Resistance managed to survive that devastating day but also happy to know his surviving friends still want to fight despite what happened. The next chapter, "Breaking Boneshield", will feature the party facing Captain Boneshield and his army.

Forgive the double post (again) but I got the next chapter of Dawn of Courage done ("Breaking Boneshield").

The party are at a magical campsite having dinner. Zeeker is still amazed that the Beastman Resistance continues to live on despite the crushing loss. The party discusses that it could cause other resistance fighters to start rising up in other lands. The next day the party head for the Undead Base at Glass Mountain. Kettu scopes it out since there is a barrier that Phantom can't breach and the party devises their plan. Using the hole in the base's wall that Kettu used to sneak in Nova detonates a Magna Crystal cube to tear down a chunk of the wall, allowing the party to launch a preemptive attack. Sir Reginald and later Kettu attack Boneshield only to find out the "shield" part of his name means he can reflect his opponent's attacks back at them. Nova then uses his new Air Shield Gauntlet that he built a few chapters ago to create multiple Eagle Shields to box in Boneshield, allowing Nina to use Mana Daggers on the gem on Boneshield's back, which is his weak point, killing him, ending the battle. The party recovers some more stolen crates of goods, take the Magna Crystal cube that's powering the base's defenses, and Nova uses the Torch Armlet to cast Lava Wave to destroy the base, giving it a successful field test in the process. The party then leaves to find the nearest magical campsite. The next chapter, "Song of the Sea Witch Siren", features Nina's titular Shaman form helping those in need.

224 words and some research (also possibly some tweaking?). Found out that I read a translation wrong, so I had to fix the timetable and delete some of what I had written (luckily, not much), but it also works out in that I can have Umi and Kira cover more ground.

Back
Top Bottom