• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Did another character bio for my prototype idea. This time it was Cherry, Julia's Cyber Guardian. Same format as always. Stuff includes "the Smurfette principle" (she's the only female CG in the main cast, sans Lyn/Leaf Gale), "the medic" (the healer of the group), "everyone has standards", "status effects" (her cherry bomb attack can inflict various ailments onto her enemies, albeit at random), "servile snarker", and others.

Started a file for the different Combat Chips for my prototype idea. They're all based off of Virons and/or Constellaton abilities. Got about five pages worth of stuff so far, though I'm not 100% sure if all of them will make it into the series or if I might add/remove some. They're largely based off of Battle Chips from MegaMan Battle Network, albeit with some changes (ie: instead of Cannon/High Cannon/Mega Cannon it's now Cannon/Great Cannon/Hyper Cannon, and the attacks themselves is different, as the originals only struck one target while Cannon pushes back a target and Great and Hyper Cannons have spread shot effects). This should do for a start, as I need to mull over other ideas for a while.

EDIT: Forgot to mention one thing. I also gave each chip a rarity rating (in the form of asterisks to represent stars), and most come in sets of three with a few exceptions (such as the Vulcan family and the Elemental Swords), which is often because they are based on stronger versions of certain Viron families.

EDIT 2: Forgot one last bit of information. Unlike Battle Chips from Battle Network Combat Chips can contain multiple elements in a single chip (ie: Air Sword is both a Wind and Sword attack). Thus they're more akin to Battle Cards from Star Force, giving them more flexibility to what they can do.

Last edited:
Did a bit of double duty. First, I added in more Combat Chips to the list. Like I said before I'm not sure if all of them will stay or if I'll add/cut some, but at least the option is there if need be. Some of the chips are more one-offs, not part of sets like about 80% of them are, but the list is looking good so far.

And on that note, I created a document for Galactic Advance Combos, which are basically Program Advances from Battle Network, only some of the combos are more unique. While you've got your standard ones, like Alpha Cannon (essentially GigaCannon1) and Galactic Sword (LifeSword expy), there are a handful of others that are more unique and/or creative. Some include Life Steal (a combo of three strength draining chips), Element Wave (tri-element attack), and Chaos Cubed (a barrage of different obstacles thrown at the targets). Got 24 so far. Not sure if I'll stop there or make more, as I did make some additions to the Combat Chip List, thus opening up other possible ideas. We'll see.

132 words today and removal of a transplanted sentence fragment that I originally thought I could use (I would've moved it back, but I don't remember where it originally was). Ended up with distractions, c'est la vie.

Storylines are revealed for the next chapter of AV.
Erik will appear at some point, but he doesn't meet Zack and Daphne yet. Beau and Camille's bitter rivalry gets gradually worse. Zack and Yvette would finally stay at a one day rural retreat, due to the hotels in Camphrier being mostly booked. And there will be two side character OC's that appear.

Wrote another character bio for my prototype idea. This time Mack Sinker, the first secondary character and effectively the "Masa" of the series. Usual format. Stuff includes "secret keeper" (as he's been aware of Star Rider's secret identity long before the rest of the main cast due to his connections elsewhere), "hot-blooded", "love triangle" (as just like Masa in the NT Warrior anime he's competing with another side character for a female side character's affections), "meaningful name" (his first name is based off of the mackerel fish while his last is based off the fishing equipment of the same name), "obfuscating stupidity", and a handful of others. His is a bit shorter than some past ones but I think it's okay, as he's not part of the "main" cast.

- Blade of the Blackout Killer: Got the first scene of C8 written, mostly by using my mini keyboard - got a ton of use out of it today. Last one is another dual-perspective scene so that'll be relatively easy given the counterpart is already written. That just leaves the simple second scene and the third which features a different perspective, 95% sure what I'm settling on but dunno its content yet. I posted a bit in Discord about the first scene, ended up expanding on a bit of comic relief all because I decided I wanted to keep a line that wasn't in-character for Nori himself to say. Though my wrists hurt now from all the mini keyboard use, so probably not much more snuck in tonight.

Worked a bit more on some of the already established character bios for my prototype idea. Mostly adding in stuff relating to an idea I had late last night. Also made a few modifications to the Combat Chip list while I was at it, adding in one new chip and cleaning up a few errors that I overlooked before.

Back
Top Bottom