• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Forgive the double post but I got a bit more work done in two areas.

First off, I added in a few more Combat Chips to the list, as I noticed I was lacking certain elements (mainly the Cracking and Obstacle "sub-element") so I added in ones like the Golem Punch set, Scrap Cube, and the Cannonball set, among others. It also made me change one Galactic Advance Combo (specifically Chaos Cubed) due to the new additions added.

Secondly, I created another Shaman form for Dawn of Courage. Since the Lightning element is still rather underrepresented I made a new form for Sir Reginald: Firebolt Storm Knight, a Fire, Wind, and Lightning form. Attacks include "Bolts of Judgment", "Burning Force", and some abilities include being immune to sleep and paralysis techniques, gaining more power in overcast and thunderstorms, among other effects. I plan to debut this form very soon, possibly in a few chapters from where the story is currently sitting at.

That should do for now as I'm starting to get a migraine due to the shifting weather.

A rather minor yet important edit I made in my prototype idea before attempting to go to bed. I've since renamed two of the elements in the series, which meant I had to edit not only the Combat Chip List but also Knightmare's bio to reflect the changes. The two elements were originally Breaking and Cursor a la Battle Network, but I've since changed them to Pierce and Snipe, respectively, as Pierce "pierces" defenses while Snipe "targets" enemies' weak points. The relationship between them remains the same (Snipe penetrates Pierce, just like how Cursor "targets" Breaking in Battle Network). This was so it wasn't a direct copy from BN, and by extension SF. Plus it sounds a bit more interesting, possibly more bad@$$ in the process.

Wrote another character bio for my prototype idea. This time Chaos Eclipse, effectively the "Bass.EXE" of the series, albeit more of a chaotic neutral than a force of evil. Same format as per usual. Stuff includes "wild card", "worthy opponent", "person of mass destruction", "world's strongest man", "the dreaded", "even evil has standards", "blood knight", and others. Best way to describe him as being the "yang" to Obsidian's "yin", as both are very similar yet different.

Yesterday's was actually 255 words, but I wasn't sure how much was going to stay, so I didn't count them until today. 73 words today and some tweaks, since I spent more time doing other stuff.

- Blade of the Blackout Killer: Finished up the C8 third scene, expanding dialogue into writing. Also wrote the lead-in to the fourth. May or may not end up splitting it apart, depends on how many KB it ends up running. Hopefully I can avoid doing so as it'd throw off the pacing. I also wrote a bit of dialogue in C9.

- Memory of a Ghoul: I. WAS. ON. A. ROLL! I got all of the first scene in its C8 done while out on a car ride. I could've done more, in both fics, but lethargy struck. Still conceptualized them, though!

I wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this morning ("Lilith Wing Rises Again").

Anyway, the party has made it to Toro Mountain, which is home to the next Undead Base, led by Captain Bonechimer. The base is inside one of the caves in the mountain, and the mountain itself is like a labyrinth, so the party has their work cut out for them. After a long trek they eventually find the Undead Base. Kettu scopes it out with his black fox form before reporting back. The party goes on the offensive, with both Nina and Kettu donning Lilith Wing and Fox Fyre, respectively, for extra power, as Bonechimer is of the Light element. Nina proceeds to do the most damage, wiping out several enemies with her dark lust-based moves. Bonechimer summons a Zombie Drake in hopes of slowing the party down, only for Nina and Nova to take it out. Nina deals the killing blow to Bonechimer before attempting to seduce Nova again, forcing him to use the Demon King Ring to reset the Shaman Magic Bracelet and forcefully cancel the form before she could strip both of them naked. They collect some more items that Muu had sent his troops before destroying the base. Kettu uses the Evacuate spell to get the party back to the base of the mountain, saving them time and energy, before they start heading back to the previous magical campsite to rest. The next chapter, "Clock Blocker" (very suggestive title, I know, thank you Ratchet & Clank for the idea), features some strong foreshadowing against a powerful foe.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this afternoon ("Clock Blocker"). It's not very long but it acts as major foreshadowing for future chapters.

Anyway, Muu is now furious and sends out a special Undead General to take out the party. At the time the party has since crossed into Navaral Kingdom's territory. Nova learns from the others that the current ruler, King Charles, has some... issues that cause him to create problems, forcing him to bribe the victims of his bad decision making in order to keep quiet. Obviously, despite getting bribed the "victims" rat him out anyway to the other kingdoms, making things tense with them. Angelo then notices that Nova is wearing his Shaman Magic Bracelet, much to Nina's excitement, only for Nova to reveal it's merely covering the scar Dominic gave him when he cut his hand off a while back. However, they are soon attacked by an unknown foe who somehow freezes time in place in the area. However, the Demon King Ring protects Nova, allowing him full freedom of movement, but the rest of the party are frozen in place. The villain is revealed to be General Clockworst, a special Undead General powered by three fallen souls who can freeze time in place for a little while with his Time Bombs. Nova is forced to stand his ground in order to protect his friends, and his determination somehow triggers the Demon King Ring, which in turn triggers the Shaman Magic Bracelet, transforming Nova into some sort of chaotic energy incomplete Shaman form. It takes just one attack from this new form of Nova's to destroy Clockworst and his entire Undead Army platoon in a large explosion, freeing the group from his Time Bomb but they soon find Nova, now in his normal form, unconscious. Knowing that they need answers as well as to get Nova checked out Nina transforms into her phoenix form to carry the party to the next town quickly, as otherwise it'd take days to reach it by foot. The next chapter, "The Firebolt Storm Knight Rises", features the titular Shaman form debut.

Was not really in the mood to write this evening but I'm going to be hanging out with some friends tomorrow night so I decided to push myself to write anyway and I'm glad I did. I wrote 665 words and figured out a new minor plot point for my fic.

Last edited:
Minor stuff. Just added two more "sub-elements" to the Combat Chip List of my prototype idea: Cloaking and Digit. Cloaking consists of things like Invisible, Peekaboo, and Red Shadow, which grant various forms of damage immunities, depending on the chip (ie: Invisible protects from all damage for a short time while Red Shadow protects from all damage for a longer time except Swords). Digit consists of things like Attack +20%, Weaken +10%, and Sacrifice +35%, effectively strengthening or weakening the power of Combat Chips, depending on which type is used (ie: Attack +20% increases the user's Combat Chip power by 20% while Weaken +20% weakens the opponent's Combat Chip power by 20%). They're small sections so they don't take up much space but they add a few extra sub-elements to the series.

Started writing and plotting out a new fic idea and ended up writing 2 chapters + a bit into chapter 3 and 29 pages over the last two days, and somehow the outline managed to start fluffy and then from chapter 3 part 2 onwards, derail back into my usual angst territory. This might as well happen haha.

Back
Top Bottom