• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Due to some alterations to my plans I ended up doing a new character bio for a new main character that'll join the party in Dawn of Courage. Her name is Elizabetta Glyde, a member of the Buzzwing Clan (tiger moth girl, in this case) and will act as Zeeker's love interest, thereby giving all the main cast members love interests. Usual format, as always. Stuff includes, but not limited to: "genki girl", "attention deficit... ooh, shiny!", "a-cup angst", "battle boomerang", "genius ditz", "rescue romance", "winged humanoid", "green thumb", and others. Her addition also ended up making the next chapter, which is a Zeeker-focused one, gain more meat to it, as she'll be introduced then, not only making plot more than the standard "character gets Shaman form and wipes the floor with enemy-of-the-day" but showing off some of Zeeker's more Casanova traits that was only really seen when he was first introduced despite it being part of his character in my plans. It'll jumble up some of my plans but her addition will also add in some extra elements to the party. Plus it gives Nina another female in the cast, one that isn't after Nova, for a change.

After working in short bursts over the past two days I completed the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Savana Scourge"). Includes the new scenes involving the new character that made her debut in this chapter.

Anyway, the party is back on the road, heading to where Captain Glassjaw is. However, they soon encounter a Buzzwing female being chased by a Burning Knight Undead Soldier. Zeeker gets to it first and destroys it, rescuing the moth girl, showing off a bit of his Casanova side in the process. The moth girl introduces herself as Elizabetta but she's injured. Nina uses one of her Magic Fire Feathers to heal Elizabetta. Zeeker unintentionally pulls a few romantic moves on her (he was simply trying to keep her from falling down), making the tiger moth girl become embarrassed and smitten for him. She takes off out of embarrassment. The party wonders why a Burning Knight was out here. Nina flies into the sky and spots more Burning Knights building an Undead Base, so the party intervenes to stop them. Zeeker is about to use his Volcanic Titan form but getting attacked suddenly caused him to accidentally choose a different combo. But he rolls with it and becomes the Savana Scourge, a Fire/Wood/Light form. Elizabetta is watching from a nearby tree, becoming starstruck as Zeeker solos the Burning Knights, with Nova dealing the killing blow. They raid the unfinished Undead Base and destroy it, preventing Muu from regaining lost ground, before moving on. Elizabetta has become smitten for Zeeker and tails after the party from above, hoping to build up the courage to ask them if she can join them. The next chapter, "Shattering Glassjaw", features the party fight Glassjaw and his platoon.

I didn’t write much in the past day on account of figuring out who exactly will be the villain(s) of the story. I figured I would too occupied with the new Pokémon games out but found myself with more free time to plan because I’m dodging spoilers to the games right now by staying away from certain websites.

Now that my carpal tunnel is gone (mostly) I was able to write the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Shattering Glassjaw").

The party is making their way to Glassjaw's Undead Base. Elizabetta is following from behind, making sure not to be detected, as she has yet to figure out how to request the party let her join them. The party scopes out the Undead Base with Phantom and starts devising a plan. Nina's not fond of this one, as it involves Nova acting as a literal lightning rod by using the Dare spell combined with his Lightning Ring to draw in Glassjaw's Lightning element spells so the party can minimize damage. The problem is that Dare can attract the attacks of the Undead Soldiers, and since Muu wants Nova dead it's a rather high-risk, high-reward strategy. So she decides to use her Shaman form to act as a bodyguard for Nova while the rest of the party deals with the basic Undead Soldiers, allowing Nova a clear shot at Glassjaw. After performing the usual routine of blasting the front gates open the battle begins. As predicted Glassjaw uses a Lightning spell in hopes of frying the party but Nova uses Dare and the Lightning Ring to draw in the attack and nullify it, while the rest of the party keeps the Undead Soldiers at bay. He fires a Celestial Shot but two Undead Soldiers get in front of it, getting destroyed in the process, thus weakening the attack despite it piercing Glassjaw's core. Nina destroys the remaining Undead Soldiers before combining her Phoenix Finish with Nova's Celestial Shot, creating a new combo skill: Celestial Burning, to destroy Glassjaw. The party also learns that Nova is multilingual, as he speaks in Spanish before dealing the killing blow for extra flare (and because of the recent release of Scarlet/Violet being based off of Spain so I wanted to reference that), which is another example of the dichotomy between him and his family: he can learn foreign languages with ease, the rest of his family can't. Nova still expresses doubt that he'll be the one to end the war with Muu, feeling he's still unfit for the job, though the party feels otherwise. After raiding and destroying the base the party moves on. Elizabetta now knows that Nova's afraid of Undead yet is fighting bravely for a world he's really got no business with, inspiring her to become braver herself and tails after the group in hopes of joining them. The next chapter, "A Moth Brawl", features Elizabetta getting the opening she needs... by dealing with a recurring annoyance on the party's behalf.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("A Moth Brawl") to help relieve some stress that my most recent doctor visit caused (that and the idea was... bugging me ;) ).

Anyway, the party is continuing their journey. Elizabetta is following from a safe distance, trying to remain undetected until she had mustered up the courage to asked the party to let her join. However, Eoleo soon appears, having been freed from his punishment back during the Soul Key incident, and starts giving the party grief, especially Nova. After enough back-and-forth Elizabetta makes herself known (the party had been long aware that she was following them) and chews out the Werecat. Eoleo is unimpressed with the moth girl and openly mocks her. He ends up eating those words when Elizabetta uses her sub-breed's signature ability: Moth Dust, to inflict a random status ailment on him: paralysis in this case. She then proceeds to whale on him with punches, kicks, and claw slashes while he can't fight back. After doing enough damage she (barely) flies Eoleo over a fast-moving river and drops him into is, sending him downstream in a flash, much to his panic as he can't swim. She then asks the party to let her join them, as she had become inspired to fight back against Muu after running away for so long. She is particularly impressed with Nova, as he's been fighting a war he has no business in, facing the very thing he's afraid of, for the sake of Edyn. The party discusses it amongst themselves for a bit before allowing her to join, but they warn her that the dangers ahead are daunting and perilous, but Elizabetta remains steadfast on her desire to help. So, with a new party member in tow, the party moves onward. The next chapter, "The Disastrous Return of Dominic", features exactly what the title states.

Back
Top Bottom