• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

laid a foundation for a series of works as part of a project that i just happened to think of while on the bus headed to work. hopefully it, uh, doesnt collect any dust or anything

Yesterday, I wrote a substantial amount of another scene of the same story that I mentioned in my last post, and it was once again like going from nothing to having almost everything! Well, more like half of the scene done this time, but I was rather pleased with what I accomplished nonetheless. And today so far, I was able to do another run through a scene I had already written a long time ago in script format, resulting in a somewhat better scene in less drafty form. I kind of feel like I’m on a roll with all of this writing, so yay! I hope to be able to keep the momentum going and release something good sooner rather than later.

While waiting around for the mail to see if I got my appeal notice I made a few changes to the Food-Producing Monster List for Dawn of Courage. Since many of these creatures will be playing a large role in a mini arc I'm cooking up (pun intended) I added in some new ideas (along with doing some research, some of which surprised me). I added the "Black-Eyed Peashooter" and "Vanilla Beanstalker" to the Plant section and created a small section for Insects, which include "Honey Pot Ant", "Candy Cricket", "Scorch Scorpion" (this one surprised me), and a handful of others. I might add a few more to the Insect section, as I was quite surprised at what my research uncovered, but I'm not in the best shape right now (light headache due to weather) so I'll stop there for now.

Taking a hiatus from AV. I'll be uploading the next chapter next year in January.

In future chapters, I'm planning to add some diversity in Kalos.
Kiloude will be leaning towards Italian.
Anistar will have Germany fairytale village.
Laverre will be East Asian.
Shalour City will have a Monte Carlo style.

Last edited:
I realized that, despite being nearly 170 chapters into Dawn of Courage... I never gave the characters dedicated spell lists (as in spells they know how to us). Only the original Spell List. So, I managed to rectify that today. Now Nina, Sir Reginald, Kettu, Van, Zeeker, Angelo, and Elizabetta have dedicated spell lists (Nova, obviously, doesn't get one as he lacks any natural mana and can just use the Demon King Ring to cast any spell just by saying its name).

Nina's Spell List is pretty much hyper-offense, consisting of all five levels of Fire, Wind, Water, Lightning, Ice, Light, and Dark, with a handful of others like Mana Ball, Mana Daggers, Mind Swords, and Teleport. Fitting, as she's an offensive magician. She doesn't, however, possess the Dark spells Death/Reaper nor the Light spells Angel/Kyrie. As a result her spell list is the longest.

Sir Reginald's list is primarily all five levels of Earth magic, with his trademark Barrier, Warp, and a few oddball ones in Guts and Magic Barrier.

Kettu's list mostly contains all five levels of Wood spells, a handful of Dark spells, one Fire spell (Fireball), Cloak, Evacuate, and Mana Daggers.

Van's list contains all healing spells and status-curing spells, all five levels of Wood spells, a handful of Earth spells, and a handful of status spells like Guts and Cloak.

Zeeker's list contains all five levels of Fire spells, a handful of Level 1 spells, some Wood spells, and a few status spells like Snooze and Command.

Angelo's list contains all five levels of Ice and Water spells, a handful of Level 1 spells, most of the healing spells, and Warp.

Elizabetta's list is the second longest out of the cast. She's got a handful of healing spells, all five levels of Light and Wood spells, a couple of Water spells, Angel, Death, Mana Ball, Thunder, and several support and status inflicting spells such as Smog, Float, Flash, Stun, Might, Agility, Snooze, and others. As a result she acts as more of the utility/support character, using her magic to either disable opponents or strengthen her allies.

started a fifth part of this above-mentioned project. also gonna mention that im doing this out of order, as i only have the first, third, and now fifth laid down.

Minor updates. I had to revise part of Van's Spell List, as I realized it was contradicting with something in the story. So I took out both Earth spells he knows, as, according to my own chapters, Sir Reginald is the sole user of Earth magic on the squad (hence why Nina got a Rock Blast Ring from Cain as a gift in one chapter). So, as a result, I removed the two Earth spells and replaced them with Thunder and Star Arrows.

I also forgot to add in a few spells to Kettu's list when I first wrote it: Smog, Daze, Stun, and Flash, all of which cause status ailments (poison, confusion, paralysis, and blind, respectively). I figured they would be good moves for a thief to use if backed into a corner (Smog = smokescreen, Flash blinds an enemy as a distraction so one can escape, etc).

Wrote both the next chapters of Dawn of Courage today ("The Burning Chaos Knight Burns Evil" and "Bubble Trouble"). I ended up changing the title for the first one because it was too long for my document space.

Anyway, in the first story the party and all the travelers are finally able to use the checkpoint. However, Nina snipes an Undead Soldier, revealing the rockslide was Muu's doing. The party goes on ahead and takes on the Undead Captain: Captain Boneapart and his platoon. Nina, Kettu, and Zeeker become Goddess of Phoenixes, Fox Fyre, and Burning Beast for the extra firepower while Sir Reginald takes on a new form: the Burning Chaos Knight, a Fire/Light/Dark form, and personally fights Boneapart. This is also Elizabetta's first real fight against Muu and she ends up fairing very well. The party is victorious and the pathway is now clear.

In the second story Elizabetta wants to learn Water magic to counter her weakness to Fire. She asks Nina and Angelo to tutor her, which they do, eventually teaching her Bubble Burst, though she hasn't quite mastered it yet. The next day they're attacked by a Burning Jackalope, one of the edible monsters. Elizabetta is able to use her new spell to some effect but it still requires some work, and she's still rather intimidated by Fire element enemies. After killing the Burning Jackalope the party notes that they are pack hunters, so where there's one, more will follow. Shortly after the rest of the Burning Jackalope pack attacks. The party is able to take on the pack, with Elizabetta dealing the killing blow to one of them, showing that she's taking the needed steps to overcome her fear of Fire element enemies. The party moves on after collecting their kills. The next chapter, "Know the Drill Wing Moth", debuts Elizabetta's second Shaman form.

Forgive the double post but I had just enough oomph left in me to write the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Know the Drill Wing Moth").

The party has reached the first town past the checkpoint. They have completed their shopping and head to the inn. Elizabetta informs the party of a rumor she heard about an Undead Base to the southwest of the village, which, while not much, is a lead the party was hoping for. Before dinner Nina and Elizabetta spend some time talking, where Elizabetta reveals the source of her inferiority complex and desire for approval: her older sister was quite the bully to her, to the point she drove Elizabetta out of the house. Nina imparts some important lessons to the young Buzzwing girl, causing her to admit she sees Nina as a real older sister, one that she can look up to and respect, something that flatters Nina. The next day the party confronts a platoon of Undead Soldiers riding Death Scorpions that were tasked by their leader, Captain Tombskull, to attack the village and collect souls, though they weren't expecting the party to be there. The party retaliates, with Nina donning her Diamond Ice Empress form for extra power. Elizabetta uses her Shaman Magic Bracelet to become a new form: Drill Wing Moth, a Wood/Earth form (that is loosely inspired by Digmon) and is able to take over the battle with confidence. After she makes mincemeat out of the Undead Soldiers and their steeds she turns to the party for approval. The party is able to tell her that she doesn't need to seek approval with them, as she already has it for taking up the mission and doing whatever she can to help. Nova, showing his growth thus far, further drives the point home by using himself as an example to teach Elizabetta not to worry about seeking approval from anyone and to just do whatever she can to help. The party moves on, now knowing their next target. The next chapter, "Tombskull Raider", features the party dealing with Captain Tombskull and his platoon.

actually got some writing on part 1 of my little project. trying different ways to approach each part, and this one in particular is going to be first person in a kantonian persons perspective.

Back
Top Bottom