• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Tombskull Raider"). I was putting my writing on hold due to other things needing to be taken care of but thanks to a snowstorm I had some free time to work with.

Anyway, the party has tracked down the next Undead Base, home of Captain Tombskull and his platoon. After Phantom scopes things out and reports back the party begins their plans. Because Angelo noticed that Tombskull has a special book that'll allow him to summon Undead type monsters they realize they need extra firepower, so Nova brings Elora and Fou into the mix. After confronting the Undead Base and the Death Scorpions that guard it the battle begins. Tombskull resorts to using his special book to summon a horde of Undead monsters in hopes of overwhelming the party, but Kettu eventually steals the book from him. Tombskull then resorts to using a Beast Claw and later an Elemental Coin that Muu had provided him with, only for both attempts to fail. Nova strikes Tombskull's core, which prompts the Undead Captain to try to take Nova down with him in the resulting explosion, only for that attempt to be foiled by Elora's and Fou's teamwork, destroying him and ultimately ending the fight. After Elizabetta destroys the book used to summon Undead monsters the party raids the base and destroys it before moving on. The next chapter, "Leaping Lemurs", features the debut of the Lemur Clan, and one of the ideas mentioned in my brainstorming blog.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Leaping Lemurs"). I actually started it yesterday but fatigue plus a migraine shut my attempt down cold. It also ended up being much longer than I thought it would be, with a grand total of 8,754 words.

Anyway, the party needs to cross over Myakies River in order to get to their next destination. Along the way they find a tired and hungry female Lemur Clan member. She's initially hostile but Nova offers her some food, which calms her down and proves they're trustworthy before scampering off. They soon find the bridge that crosses over Myakies River was destroyed by Tombskull and his platoon, with the elven workers trying to repair it. The only other ways across for now are a bridge to the south, which is four days away, or through Papaba Forest, which is home to nasty monsters. The party takes their chances and goes through Papaba Forest. They are soon attacked by more Lemur Clan members but the one they helped earlier puts a good word in for them and guides them to their village. The party meets Jak, the human husband of Queen Rosetta, who welcomes them into the village. He takes them to meet Queen Rosetta, who proceeds to look down upon Nova once she learned he's the Demon King's champion, insulting him in her own language and dismissing the threat of Muu if a "spineless nobody" like Nova can fight him, much to Nina's fury. Later on Nova and Nina have a heart-to-heart chat before Muu's army attacks the village in hopes of getting easy souls, lead by Captain Bonezard. The Lemur Clan tries to fight back but are easily overpowered. Queen Rosetta fares a bit better but is beaten within an inch of her life by Bonezard. He prepares to kill her, only for Nova to take the blow. He uses his Hoverboots to repel Bonezard before firing a point: blank Dragon Strike, knowing full well he'll be caught in the blast, too, but he also knows he'll be fine. He destroys Bonezard while Nina heals Queen Rosetta with a Magic Fire Feather, and proceeds to chew the Lemur queen out. Queen Rosetta's opinion of both Nova and Muu does a 180 and she apologizes to Nova, which he accepts, before she makes him an honorary member of the tribe, complete with magical tribal tattoo. The Lemur Clan throws a celebration in Nova's honor, which the party accepts and enjoys. The following morning Queen Rosetta personally guides the party to the path that'll get them over Myakies River and back to the main road. Nova later expresses his discomfort with the tattoo, as tattoos are a big no-no in the Blitz family, and he's already got a negative reputation among them, but Nina reassures him it was for the best and it may come in handy later. The next chapter, "Nina's Ambition", features exactly that.

Last edited:
Forgive the double post but I had just enough oomph left in me to write the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Nina's Ambition").

The party has reached the next town and are engaged in a battle with a pack of Gargathoxes and Basilisks. Everyone is in a Shaman form to level the playing field against the pack of vicious monsters except Nova, who is starting to become envious of his teammates again. After completing their task the village warmly welcomes them, though Nina notices that Nova is craving Shaman magic again, showing that his insecurities are still present. After lunch Nina requests that Nova give her one of the Gargathox vertebra they got from the battle, as she needs it for something that'll help the party. While everyone is curious to know what she's up to Nova gives her one without question, as she's not only trustworthy but he knows that whatever she has planned will help the group somehow. Nina dashes off and then uses Teleport to return to the Shaman Clan's hidden village, where she's recognized by the villagers. She learns that Valerie, the leader of the clan, has passed away a few weeks ago, and her cousin, Vincent, is the temporary leader until the Shaman Clan is able to sort out everything. Nina requests that Vincent trade her a Shaman Magic Bracelet in exchange for the Gargathox vertebra. Vincent, who knows about the party, inquires why she wants another Shaman Magic Bracelet, which Nina briefly explains her reasons. Vincent, who was both surprised that Nova gained the ability to use Shaman magic and moved that he sacrificed his own power to help Elizabetta get a leg-up in the team and growth department, agrees and Nina gets a new Shaman Magic Bracelet. She thanks him and uses Teleport to return to the village the party is currently staying at. Nina presents Nova with the Shaman Magic Bracelet, much to his surprise and shock, but is overjoyed that Nina would be willing to do something like this for him. The two share a passionate yet tender moment before continuing on with the day. The next chapter, "The Return of the Chaos Archer", features exactly what the title states.

I meant to mention this last night but I conked out shortly afterward. I wrote a song for Dawn of Courage because I had a before bed burst of inspiration. Well, okay, not quite for Dawn of Courage itself, but rather one that a character will sing in-series. It's actually my second attempt at writing a song so I'm not totally sure if it's any good. It's sort of a pop idol song, though I did take notes from actual pop idol songs to try to write it. It actually acts as a bit of foreshadowing for one of the character's futures. I just hope it's at all good, as the only other time I've written a song it was... less-than-outstanding.

again, was yesterday and not today, but cooked up a 313 word snippet of a scene that wouldve been in part 8 of this project. chose to scrap it because of certain events. if i do a prequel maybe i could include it but ¯\(ツ)

Back
Top Bottom