• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Despite a terrible night's sleep I managed to write the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("The Magic School Fuss"). I actually started it yesterday but deleted most of it because I didn't like how it was flowing. Also ended up much longer than expected but I'm going to give a shorter summary because I'm still exhausted.

The party makes it to the next town and meets Nina's old magic teacher. He takes them to the Magic Academy, one of about 13, so they can help him with his elemental magic class. Nova sits it out as he can't use magic naturally so he'd be useless, instead working on his magical accessories. Another teacher named Samantha picks a fight with him, as she apparently hates young men, thinking they're "sex-driven morons" but is chased off by Headmaster Levi, who explains that Samantha had a change for the worse two years ago and now hates young men. She also mentions that thugs have been harassing the female students. Nova suggests talking to Sir Reginald, since he knows it's inevitable that the party will get involved, which the headmaster does just that. However, Samantha comes back and begins attacking Nova with magic, but he uses an Aura Gauntlet to shield himself from it. Nina defends Nova and subdues Samantha, and Levi fires Samantha and banishes her from the grounds. After Samantha is removed from the school Nova talks about his past and how he hates schools and teachers due to the trauma he's endured. And yet he feels guilty for getting Samantha fired despite being the victim of the event. Nina comforts him, saying he's too good for Edyn or Earth if he's willing to feel bad for his aggressor. The next chapter, "Salvaging a Soul from Self-Destruction", is the second part of this event.

Meant to mention this earlier but I had to run errands. Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this morning ("Salvaging a Soul from Self-Destruction"). It's a continuation of the previous chapter.

Anyway, the party is back at the inn. Nova feels guilty about what happened, something that the party figured out. Meanwhile, Samantha is drunk out of grief and wants revenge, only to be captured by the goons that have been harassing the village. Nina uses her ability to sense magical energy auras to track the missing teacher down, taking the party to a remote location via her phoenix form. The party finds the den of where the thugs have been residing, learning that an ex-member of Muu's previous army, former Captain Grimsley, is trying to permanently drain Samantha of her mana so he can use it for himself, which could potentially be lethal to an elf like her. The party attacks, with Nova engaging in battle with Grimsley while the party disables the thugs, who are under a mind control spell. He destroys Grimsley and is able to save Samantha... who lashes out at him in fury for what happened. She finally reveals why she's been acting this way: she wanted to go out with her crush but found him lavishing attention on another female, causing her to go on an jealousy-fueled rampage against men.

Nina figures out the whole situation: Samantha has feelings for Dali, Nina's old magic professor, but she stumbled upon him while he was helping his sister, Momo, who has a rare condition called Mana Flux, where her mana energies are extremely unstable. One way to treat it is showering the patient with positivity to stabilize the mind. In short, Samantha was jealous of someone who wasn't even a rival to her and got rather self-entitled. Samantha breaks down in tears realizing everything she's done was because of a misunderstanding, now accepting her wrongdoings. Nova heads back to the town, telling the party to bring Samantha to the Magic Academy when she's done. They do so and find Nova with Headmaster Levi and Professor Dali. Nova told them the whole story and Levi is willing to give Samantha another chance, albeit she'll be a teacher's assistant for a while, among other punishments. Samantha eagerly accepts, and Dali offers to take her out on a date, since he admits how he treats Momo does push the boundaries of what's acceptable sibling love. Samantha apologizes to Nova, who forgives her before disappearing while everyone is distracted. Nina finds him at a bar, drinking the same drink he had at the Carnivore Café, and joins him. He reveals that, despite hating teachers and schools due to his rotten experiences and his family's toxic mentality (as teaching is considered a high-profile job to the Blitz family), he doesn't like them getting fired because of him, as it knows it's a tough job. This even extends to what happened in the unspeakable 8th grade incident. Nina praises him as a noble man and a great hero to Edyn. The next chapter, "Much Ado About Eoleo", features the titular Werecat back in the mix.

I've been trying to fix my awful sleep schedule so this morning in order to try and keep myself awake I tried to write some of my fic. I managed to get through 168 words before my brain shut down. This evening I reviewed the few paragraphs I wrote for any major errors since I wrote them while I was so exhausted.

Uh, one tweak in Aerosteel and one in Uncoloured; the Uncoloured tweak is due to a change in worldbuilding. Spent a lot of time working on the new map (I'm not done yet), but I at least have a less vague area where three of the characters live. Was going to go through Aerosteel to see if I can get back to writing, but we'll see what happens after I finish the new map.

I started off my farm-sim-inspired fic with 140 words this evening, but I'm thinking I might go back and edit the idea, maybe put a fantasy spin on it.
I think the fantasy genre would make a farming story a lot more interesting, since you could do a lot more with it than if you just did a farming based story.

Finished the new map yesterday, along with updating another map that was only used a handful of times. Revised a decent chunk of the starting dialogue near the beginning that I've had issues with for quite a while, but didn't really have too much of an idea of how to change until today, thanks to the worldbuilding tweak from a couple days ago. Also had some other tweaks while continuing with going through Aerosteel.

got some more worldbuilding and work on the oneshot project. been a while since i was working on the latter so almost forgot where i was relative to my basis but i think im at where i want to be.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Much Ado About Eoleo"). I had started it a while ago but... wait for it... a migraine shut down my attempt. Plus other events got in the way (namely errands and preparing for a snow storm).

Anyway, Angelo is doing the cooking one day, giving Nova a break. While having lunch Eoleo shows up... only to run smack into another one of Nova's invisible mime magic barriers, and fails to figure out how to get around it, which the party snarks at. After lunch they head on out only to stumble upon some Burning Knights building another Undead Base. They begin making their plans to fight the enemies, but they know that Eoleo will catch up to them and screw things up. Sure enough, that's exactly what happens, forcing the party to wing it and save Eoleo before he's skinned. Using various Water-based skills and spells the party swamps the Undead Army soldiers... and Eoleo, before snuffing the Burning Knights out. They raid the base for anything worthwhile, Sir Reginald transforms into his Gaia Knight form and destroys the unfinished Undead Base with Tectonic Fissure. Eoleo confronts the party, claiming they "stole his prey", only for Nova to pretty much shut him down with insults and mockery (even throwing in a Ratchet & Clank reference in the process). Eoleo tries to strike Nova only for his attack to fail and get humiliated again. Nina chews Eoleo out before the party heads out. Eoleo tries to pursue after them only for Nova to cast Banish on him, getting rid of him for the time being. The next chapter, "Thunder Storm Moth Shocks Evil", features the titular Shaman form in action.

Forgive the double post but I had a burst of inspiration for new items for my Item List in Dawn of Courage. They are Magic Seeds, which host various effects, but only last 24 hours. Examples include increasing resistance to certain elements, becoming temporarily immune to status ailments, increase the potency of Healing magic, increasing physical/magical strength/resistance, and other such effects. This, in turn, lead to the creation of new magical accessories made by Nova that make use of said Magic Seeds: Seed Rings, turning them into more permanent, and more powerful, versions of the Magic Seeds. This is because they will debut in the upcoming chapter, as the party got ahold of several Magic Seeds in the previous chapter that they obtained from raiding Muu's unfinished Undead Base.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this morning ("Thunder Storm Moth Shocks Evil").

Anyway, the party has taken refuge in a village during a rainstorm. Nova and Nina are working on some new magical accessories that the former cooked up, using the various Magic Seeds they got from raiding Muu's unfinished Undead Base. Elizabetta joins them for a bit, admiring Nova's craftsmanship and creativity, while a familiar figure lurks outside of the village. The next day it bright and sunny but the party hears a rumor that worries them: a stone tower that houses an ancient, evil monster has been destroyed and the monster may now be loose. Nina deduces that, given the area, the monster is Hellblade, the "boss" of the now-extinct Bladia monsters that used to roam the land before the Great War. Sure enough, Hellblade appears and is ready to attack the village, but Dominic jumps into the fray, saying he'll defeat the monster. After Elizabetta mocks him he makes fun of her smaller chest size compared to Nina, which infuriates the Buzzwing girl. However, Hellblade attacks and effortlessly defeats Dominic. Using what little information they know of Hellblade, Elizabetta dons a new Shaman form: Thunder Storm Moth, a Lightning/Wind/Light form, with Nina doing the same, becoming her Storm Swordwing form. The two girls tag-team the monster, exploiting its weakness to Lightning, before Nina charges up Elizabetta with a Lightning attack, allowing her to finish it off for good. Dominic, in a fury, reveals he released Hellblade in an attempt to reclaim his glory. This ends up making him look even worse than before and the party even better. Nina and Elizabetta tag-team him and zap him seemingly to oblivion, though they know he'll be back. After getting praised by the village and its leader the party heads on out. The next chapter, "The Grasslands of Dreams", features the party meeting the Grassland Elf Clan.

Back
Top Bottom