• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

I had managed to transcribe the story I prevously mention tot eh computer as well as the previous one invovling a sleazy dirtbag getting his comuppance in a horrifying way.

I'm not sure if I'm mentioned this before, but one thing that really helps inspire me/give me ideas is cold weather, mainly snow. The thing is, I live in an area that never sees snow. But, today I tried to make do with what I have, frost. So, early this morning I made some hot chocolate, brought my laptop outside, and looked out at the frosty roofs while trying to focus on ideas. This was the best writing session I've had in at least a month or two. I wrote 1347 words in just an hour and a half this morning, and I felt good about what I wrote too. I definitely need to do this again.

Meant to report this earlier but I got distracted. Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("The Grasslands of Dreams").

The party has made it to the Grassland Elf Clan's hometown. They meet Mayfair again, who informs them about one of Muu's bases being in the grasslands surrounding the village, which the party is already aware of. The party runs some general errands and decides to have some lunch afterward, with Nova stocking up on arrows since another battle is on the horizon. Nina gets a bit depressed, as earlier Mayfair told them that her father, while initially upset that she didn't win the King's Hunt Festival, his parental love for his daughter upon learning that Muu's army had infiltrated the event overrode those feelings, something that Nina is envious of. Nova can related to her and comforts her, with the party feeling that the two of them were destined to be. Afterward the party suggests that, since they're not going to tackle Muu's baddies until the next day to ensure they're rested and ready for it, Nova should open up his magical accessory shop, especially now that he's got some new merch to sell. Nova and Nina break off from the group and set up their "shop", which quickly attracts many customers, especially since Mayfair mentioned Nova's magical accessories to her clanmates upon her return from the King's Hunt Festival. After closing up his "shop" Nova and Nina rejoin the group at the inn. Nova goes to work on more accessories, with Nina helping him. Nova is concerned that he'll let everyone down despite becoming bit of a hope bringer to Edyn, as they still haven't figured out how to break Muu's barrier, something that has stumped everyone, including Belzebuth and the Goddess, since it was created. Nina is certain they'll find a way and that Nova will prevail in ending Muu once and for all. The next chapter, "Fracturing Foes", features the party facing off against Muu's next Undead Army leader.

Haven't done anything the past few days. Made another tweak to Katakura's worldbuilding, and made all relevant changes to Aerosteel, Electrowood, and Uncoloured. Also found that I missed a spot in Electrowood with the last worldbuilding tweak, and made the necessary tweaks.

Whenever I play the sims, I like to create little mini-stories for my sims, and I've really grown to like this particular group. I've decided I want to write some one-shots for them, so this evening I started building their personalities a bit more and writing down a couple of ideas I had for one-shots.

A tweak in both Aerosteel and Electrowood and some tweaks in Aerosteel (I think).

Opened up the file for First Steps and added 32 extra words to the end. I want to get back into the swing of writing, so I tried to do what I felt like I could. Right now may not be the greatest time to start trying again, given that work has been kinda beating my ass lately, but I figured that if I keep waiting for the perfect time then I'll never start, so I figured I'd just dive right in and do what I can. Baby steps are still steps, after all.

Back
Top Bottom