• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

The usual tweaks and fixes while going through Uncoloured (along with any applicable changes made to Electrowood).

After neglecting it since 2019 I ended up revising and finishing a chapter in Psychic Duelist Django ("Championship Showdown"). (Bet you didn't think I'd revive that series, huh?)

Anyway, it's the first day of Kain's new tournament: Dragon Domain Grand Prix, taking place at the Dragon Domain theme park he's designed. This is because his company's stocks and reputation took a huge hit by a mysterious individual and thus he needs to restore Kannon Corp to it's former glory. Thus a new tournament has begun. New and old faces are in the line of competitors, including Cody Lionheart, Draco Twilight, Ivan Nimbus, and Cho Wu (the latter to Tempest's disgust). After the opening ceremony it's time to Duel. Cody will be facing off against Elbon Tirips (aka: Noble Spirit), but he nearly gets disqualified because he ended up munching on some burgers, requiring a mad dash through the Amazoness Jungle Jam, a ten square mile Augmented Reality jungle, and just barely makes it despite the fact that both Nicholas and Django could've provided him with a quicker route. The Duel between Cody and Elbon begins. Django, naturally, is the first one to figure out that Elbon is his grandpa Noble, to the rest of the gang's surprise, as he's wearing a pretty lame disguise yet somehow they all fell for it, though Cody has yet to put 2+2 together. Zephyr and Melody, Django's cousins, appear and explain that Noble wanted to participate in the tournament for unknown reasons, with Nicholas saying that he's something of a wild card addition. Noble debuts a new archetype in-universe: Abyss Actors, a family of Fiend Pendulum Monsters, as his deck-of-choice, despite his normal deck being a Black Luster Soldier one. But this allows the gang to see some new cards in action, as the Abyss Actor archetype wasn't going to be released until June in-universe. It's a bit back and forth in the early game but Noble proves to be a tricky opponent and ultimately reduces Cody's Life Points to just 700. The next chapter, "Acting Up", features the second part of the Duel between Cody and Noble.

Forgive the double post but I managed to get the next chapter of Psychic Duelist Django finished ("Acting Up").

The Duel between Cody and Noble is getting intense. Cody is able to stall for time with liberal use of Little Trooper's effect, but Noble is able to keep the pressure on with his various Abyss Actors. Cody is able to rebound when he summons Heroic Champion - Excalibur, but even Excalibur has trouble with the Abyss Actors. Fortunately, Cody is able to turn the Duel around on the last turn by summoning Gilford the Lightning, who is able to wipe out most of the Abyss Actors before dealing the killing blow, winning him the Duel. Noble reveals himself to Cody, to the redhead's shock and dismay, with Draco having the same reaction, completely floored that he was fooled so easily by his master's lame disguise. Noble reveals some information regarding Django's father, Astral, saying he was quite the showboater during his youth, but in doing so he was able to end conflicts between people peacefully, even winning Elna's heart in the process. Thus Noble wanted to try it out for himself, and needless to say he had fun. Plus he wanted to test either Draco or Cody, since both were trained by their respective Spirit family members, and gives Cody a good grade. It ends with Cody asking why Noble went under the name "Elbon Tirips", which he reveals is just Noble Spirit spelled backwards. Everyone gets it... except Cody. The next chapter, "Duel of Damsels and Dragons", features Draco stepping back up to the plate for the first time in a while.

Wrote the next chapter of Psychic Duelist Django this morning ("Duel of Damsels and Dragons"). Slowly but surely I intend to finish this series while also working on Dawn of Courage.

Anyway, the first two Duels in Kain's new tournament are complete: Cody beast Noble and Skyler beat Dr. Cray Phish. The next Duels are about to take place: Draco Twilight VS Cho Wu and Mako Rider VS Jean Hopper. Before the gang can go watch Draco's Duel, Noble's back suddenly gives out, to Django's alarm. Zephyr informs Django that Noble's bad back is a memento of Lucifer's attack on the Spirit family years ago, just like the scar on Django's back, and because Nano-Core didn't exist back then Noble's injury is now permanent and will trigger every so often. So Noble, Zephyr, and Melody head to the medical ward to get the former treated while the gang heads over to Winged Dragon Fortress to watch Draco's Duel. Cho, ever the fangirl of Django, is elated to see him, though Tempest is ready to murder the woman on the spot. The Duel starts. Cho's Amazoness monsters prove to be a decent challenge, but Draco's mastery of Dragons proves to be too much for Cho and she's defeated, knocking her out of the tournament, to her fury and dismay. Cinder, Draco's Elemental girlfriend, is happy to see that Draco won and can advance to the next round, while Tempest rubs salt on Cho's wounds. But the Chinese Duel Monsters Champion has plans. At the time, Roger and Vanessa manage to make it to Kain's theme park in their latest bid for revenge against Django and co, hoping they can find a way into the tournament. The next chapter, "Divine Ritual", features Roger and Vanessa facing off against a certain foe.

Forgive the double post but I was able to get the next chapter in Psychic Duelist Django done ("Divine Ritual"). I was able to finish it quickly because the Duel in the chapter was quite short, so it was easy enough.

Anyway, Kain is suspicious that the hacker from before may already be in the theme park and orders Lucas to perform a background check on all of the competitors. Django then contacts Kain, giving him some information that his intelligence network gathered. Lucifer is the reason why Kannon Corp's reputation took a bad hit, as he was trying to go after Spirit Tech as a potshot to Django but it was too well defended so he went for Kannon Corp out of spite. Django explains that his intelligence network is also working on the possible hacker and managed to narrow down the source to Europe, where he suggests that the hacker could be part of Alistair Corp, Kannon Corp's long-time rival. Kain agrees with the suggestion and wants Django to look into it more, thanking him for his help. The next batch of Duels will take place the next day. The next day Roger and Vanessa ambush and impersonate Marvin Mystery in order to Duel Angelo Turner, as whoever wins that match faces off against Cody. However, they're exposed and nearly thrown out but Angelo allows them to Duel him in a 2-on-1 Duel, as it would be better for Kannon Corp to allow it due to their current situation. Angelo reveals he runs a Cyber Angel deck. Roger and Vanessa are able to summon their Chaos Xyz Monsters on their first turn but Angelo easily wipes both the monsters and them out on the next turn with Cyber Angel Vrash, winning the Duel in stunning fashion. Everyone is unnerved at how easily Angelo crushed Roger and Vanessa, while Cody is determined to win in the next round. The next chapter, "Ritual Rampage", features Cody VS Angelo.

More tweaks and fixes today in Uncoloured, and matching changes in Aerosteel where applicable. Nothing done yesterday since I needed to relax.

The last of the tweaks and fixes in Uncoloured, added a loose outline of what's next, and added another event to the notes.

More of a little bit of the Prema chapter. Actually a bit of negative progress as I threw out part of what I had to go in a different direction. Namely, instead of Prema's Dartrix showing anything resembling a battle-loving side and asking to be recalled once learning battling is done for the night, his serious stoicness is used to segue into another topic, but I haven't written that yet I more or less have the scenes sorted out though, it's just a matter of writing them.

Wrote a Duel Script for Psychic Duelist Django. As stated in another threat, this one features Django VS Surge, where Django curb-stomps Surge using nothing but various Kuriboh monsters, showing that the printed value of a monster means little. This also is the final thing that triggers Surge's character development (as a "seed of change" was planted in him a while ago), which leads into the chapter that follows where Surge Duels against Roger in order to defend Tempest. It also means I deleted the previous Django VS Surge chapter, which would've lead to the same situation, but I felt using the Kuriboh monsters would have a bigger impact than the previous setup due to Surge only seeing Duel Monsters for their printed value, power, and such. Still trying to come up with a better title for the chapter but I'll work on that later.

Wrote the next chapter of Psychic Duelist Django today ("Ritual Rampage").

Anyway, it's time for the next round of Kain's tournament. First up is Cody VS Angelo. The gang gives Cody some words of advice and support as they make their way to Lava Golem Volcano, where the Duel will take place. Django soon gets more information from his intelligence network and reports it to Kain, confirming both their suspicions that the culprit behind the hack attack is Alistair Corp. Kain already has an idea who is behind the hack attack and is taking the steps needed to catch them. Soon afterward Cody's Duel with Angelo begins. Angelo isn't taking Cody seriously, which ends up being costly as Cody is able to score a massive lead with his Blade Armor Ninja. Angelo declares war with Cody and retaliates with his Cyber Angels. Cody, in a last bid to win, summons his Number: Lion Heart, and attempts to use his ability to turn the tide. But Angelo uses a Breakthrough Skill Trap to turn the tables and defeat Cody and Lion Heart with Cyber Angel Dakini. He mocks Cody and tells him, while he's surprised the fiery Duelist owns a Number, he knew how to counter it when it mattered most, calling Cody a loser and other demeaning names. After Angelo leaves Lion Heart apologizes to Cody for failing him, but Cody doesn't blame him for the loss. He reveals that he's tired of being considered third-rate by others, especially by higher-ranked Duelists like Kain, and just wants to be treated seriously. The gang comforts Cody and Django reassures him that the respect he seeks will come, it'll just take time. The gang is able to revitalized Cody, making him feel better. At the time, Angelo silently reveals the reason why he did some research on the Numbers: Kain owns one, so he wanted to have everything he needed to take Kain down for good. The next chapter, "Turbo Charge", features Draco VS Ivan.

I wrapped things up for the first chapter with 1237 more words.

To sum it up, Tokyo feels very ill the next day due to depression he is going through. When he looks at the sky, he sees a group of Spearow flying towards Viridian Forest, where his focus opts on a building in Pallet Town which resembles a facility that belongs to the group of researchers working in Viridian Forest. He pays a visit there and meets a girl. She is a foreigner, a bit crazy, but she has come to Kanto and now works as a researcher there, although she was left behind before the team left for Viridian Forest. After Tokyo talks to her a little, the girl decides to go to the forest with Tokyo, which makes Tokyo feel somewhat safer despite of her freakiness. She prints fake papers of approval by the facility. Right when they are about to leave there, she, knowing Tokyo is not a Pokémon trainer and has no Pokémon in his hands, tells him that "every journey begins with an important decision".

Some trivial facts about the first chapter.
  • Tokyo's last name is Akamidori, which means red-green in Japanese.
  • Tokyo's mom has a Bellsprout in their house, which Tokyo dislikes. Bellsprout stays in a flowerpot in the living room, and Tokyo always feels like it constantly stares at people in an uncomfortable way and judges everything they do. Also Tokyo hates the scent of the acid that comes out of Bellsprout's mouth, which it cannot control. He finds it amusing that his mother cleans it every day.
  • Because Kanto is a Japan-based region, I keep the names of the Kanto-native characters from the video games in Japanese. (Prof. Oak is actually Dr. Okido, and Brock is Takeshi, etc.) Therefore I use Japanese names for each character, except for the researcher girl Tokyo meets who has a foreign origin.
  • The researcher girl's name is Clara, because she is based on a Swedish singer that I like, Clara Klingenström. I imagine her in my head while writing that character, hence why she has pink hair, green eyes and a very bright skin color.
  • The academic high-school Tokyo goes to is called Itazuragaki High School, which if internet is not fooling me means doodling. I wanted to stick to the "pallet" theme.
I have been traveling around the country and visiting some friends one after another during past week, so I didn't have the time to write anything for the second chapter of Tokyo's journey. But I returned this week and today I got to get started with the second chapter. I think I have completed the half of the chapter with 1500+ words.

I made Clara take Tokyo to the room where the three Poké balls of Kanto starters lie. She wants to show each Pokémon and make him pick one, but while they are in the room, she hears some news about the incidents in Viridian Forest, so she rushes the decision and makes Tokyo hold one of them randomly and they rush out. She takes a jeep and leaves the lab with him to get to Viridian Forest. On the way, Tokyo reads the card stuck on the Poké ball with a description of it, but he can't recall which Pokémon it is, so he is scared of using it in an emergent situation.

When they arrive, it is the sunset time so Clara decides to wait until it gets dark, so they can sneak in the forest easier. She notices that Tokyo doesn't know which Pokémon the ball contains based on the description, so she decides to take him outside and make them meet each other. But when Tokyo was about to call the Pokémon out, they hear a scream coming from the forest. They are distracted, don't call the Pokémon out, and follow the source of the scream.

They overhear that, up to that point the research team assumed that the Pokémon that are bigger than their average sizes would go around alone and attack everything around them with no reason behind it. But interestingly, they discover two herds of bigger Pokémon fighting against each other until they realize that a group of people is nearby. They deliberatively stop the war and attack the people instead. Several police officers and research members are dragged out of the forest damaged and hurt.

Tokyo once again feels a bit scared, but he sees that everything that they discovered makes Clara even more excited to go there. He sees that she is the exact opposite of himself -- he has knowledge but lacks experience unlike her, he thinks logically too much to calculate each possibility while she is an adventurist, he is strong in mind, she is strong with her muscles and fists. That inspires Tokyo to not run back and actually go for the trouble.

I am not going to end the chapter here as it is quite short for now (10 pages on a book format). But I want to find something else before they enter the forest finally that does not involve Tokyo meeting the Pokémon in the PokéBall just yet.

Back
Top Bottom