• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

First made a few modifications to the Chaos Cross List, mostly cleaning up some stuff and adding more details regarding the effects and powers of each Chaos Cross.

Secondly, made a Dark Matter Chip List, since there are more than one type of Dark Matter Chips in this series. Outside of the most basic variant (which simply powers up the user tremendously while also inflicting the various side-effects, albeit subtly at first), there are Dark Matter Chips for each element (Fire, Sword, Wind, Obstacle, Cloaking, etc) sans Recovery and Digit, along with a handful of different Null element Dark Matter Chips (ie: Dark Matter Vulcan, Dark Matter Grenade, etc). Each Dark Matter Chip has a different effect and attack range (ie: Dark Matter Sword is similar to the Galactic Sword Galactic Advance Combo in terms of power and range and inflicts random bugs and glitches in the victim), while also containing all the general effects and negative side-effects as regular Dark Matter Chips. There are a total of 15 different types of Dark Matter Chips, including the base version. Might tweak it a bit more over time but it should do for a start, at least.

Thanks to some advice from others I managed to start getting a list of secondary/side characters and their respective Cyber Guardians for Shooting Star Rider. All of these Cyber Guardians are the more standard Cyber Guardian models like Heat Fighters, Strikers, and so on. Lots of cheeky references in the names of the Operators (and, in some cases, the Cyber Guardians) to various other forms of media to those who are observant. Some examples include the previously mentioned Hammer Brothers: Hammer Joe and Hammer Moe, along with their respective Operators: Sylvester and Arnold Sledge, Ring Rang and her operator Sally Rouge, Bubble-07 and his Operator James Pond, and Chili and his Operator Pepper Anne. As of currently there are 14 secondary/side characters outside of more "important" characters (like main characters, supporting characters such as Mack and Ethan, major enemies like Galactica, and certain recurring characters with custom model CGs like Henrietta Hawke). This should do for a starting point, since it's still early in the series.

Added in a few new secondary characters to the Secondary Character/CG List. Specifically, I added in Iron Gavel and his Operator Ms. Judge Ment, Cleaver and his Operator Chef Flav Mc. Chopper, Gusthall and his Operator Zephyr Breeze, and Flora and her Operator Daisy Peach. They are a Break Fighter, Sword Fighter, Gust Fighter, and Wood Fighter Cyber Guardians, respectively.

Secondly, started up a list of Viron Fusions. For context, thanks to an accidental discovery by a Berserker Beta Viron, Virons learn then can fuse with people that have matching energy frequencies to become stronger super-soldier versions of themselves, gaining new abilities, powers, and even elements. Effectively, it's similar to how FM-ians from SF1 fuse with compatible humans to create new, more powerful forms. It becomes a new wrinkle in the mix that forces the cast to find ways to separate the fusion without hurting the host (the first "victim" of this event was already dead, so the repercussion were light, but showing that Virons can even fuse with ghosts and skeletons), but it helps set the stage (and stakes) for future events. So far the list has 7 fusions and their respective Virons/host combos, including two main characters, though it's very much a work in progress.

have written a few hundred words for my short link/marin fic, including a part i really liked and feel happy about! hoping i can get most of it done tonight, i'm nearing the end but there is just a dream sequence i need to write that i'm not sure what to do with yet that i've left blank.

Now that I've (mostly) gained back usage of my hand after its injury (though it's still a bit twitchy) I've spent time working on expanding certain concepts for Shooting Star Rider.

First, I expanded some of the secondary characters and their Cyber Guardians. Added in characters like Eddward, Jessica, and Edgar Cream (Pride's father, mother, and grandfather, respectively) and their respective CGs: Atlantic, Mayflower, and Henri, which are an Aqua Fighter, Wood Fighter, and Beta-1A, respectively (and it shows that, unlike the Glimmer Family, everyone in Pride's household owns a CG), among others like Kevin Bakkon and his Heat Fighter CG Cookie, Nistro Stone and his Striker CG Tank, etc. I've since updated my brainstorming blog with these additions.

Secondly, I've expanded the Galactic Advance Combo List with some new additions. Some examples include Heat Nuke, Bubble Blaster, Gigaton Drill, and others, along with their respective pieces needed to create said Galactic Advance Combos and a basic rundown of the attack in question. Again, I've updated my brainstorming blog with the new additions.

And finally, I expanded a bit more on the Viron Fusion List with a couple of new forms and included certain attacks that each form can perform. This one is still a work in progress and requires more fine-tuning but it's looking good so far.

That's enough for now as I don't want to overwork my (mostly) recovered hand right away.

Added in a few extra effects into the Soul Cross List. Namely their general effects (ie: can freely change between forms at will, if hit with Soul Cross weakness the form is temporarily disabled, strong against Dark Matter-infused enemies and attacks, etc). This shows how they differ from Obsidian's previous forms: Star Guardian Force, and why they act as a "replacement" for the Star Guardian Force forms during the time they make their debut (though unlike other situations, it's not a discard and draw type of thing, as Obsidian still has access to all his previous transformation forms, they just become more niche in the Dark Matter-focused arcs because they're weak to Dark Matter energies).

Back
Top Bottom