• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do anime fans do that annoy you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the kids that like Naruto walk around at school with their headbands, practicing the little hand thingies, reading their fruity little comic books, and trying to learn Japanese. I know this one girl who said the other day on a Myspace bulletin "I swear, I think I'm turning Japanese." It's these same people that add me on Myspace and have like a hundred pictures, but none of themselves. Just their favorite anime characters.

EDIT: Haha I probably shouldn't have referred to them as "fruity little comic books." I didn't realize I was on the 'Anime and Manga' forum. Sorry if I offend.

Anime just interested me more than her. No matter what mood I'm in, there's an anime that fits. If I wasn't in the mood to see her, she'd get pissed. If I don't want to watch an anime, it doesn't take offense. Anime is just easier to deal with. not to mention, girls are fairly useless.

...I'd like to change "punch him in the face" to "rip his balls off", if I may.

I'd trade all my Anime collection for a girlfriend.

1. Use sticks like swords.
2. Never hit anyone with their "swords"
3. They think swords are so light, they can carry 2 at once and spin them around.
4.They think a giant key is a good sword. (refering to keyblade from Kingdom Hearts.)
My friend is obsessed with Kingdom Hearts and he does all these things. His other friends actually believe he's about to hit them. They're only in something like year 3.

a lot of the comments made on that Toonzone thread bug me, mainly because I'm pretty much the same as that guy. There're a lot of differences between me and him mind you, but I am similar in that I mainly see myself devoting life to my hobby. Now, unlike him, I steer clear of relationships altogether; I've always been an individualist, and living alone is just the decision I've wanted to make my whole life. Nonetheless, why tell the guy to "get a life". Is everybody's definition of "life" supposed to be little more than "find a mate, reproduce, raise the next generation, go die somewhere"? Sorry, but I'd prefer to enjoy myself and not force myself into socially-accepted norms that just aren't for me, which is why I can't blame anybody if they're more than a little obsessive with their hobbies. As others in that forum have stated, so long as he's not hurting himself or others and is financially sound, what's keeping him?

a lot of the comments made on that Toonzone thread bug me, mainly because I'm pretty much the same as that guy. There're a lot of differences between me and him mind you, but I am similar in that I mainly see myself devoting life to my hobby. Now, unlike him, I steer clear of relationships altogether; I've always been an individualist, and living alone is just the decision I've wanted to make my whole life. Nonetheless, why tell the guy to "get a life". Is everybody's definition of "life" supposed to be little more than "find a mate, reproduce, raise the next generation, go die somewhere"? Sorry, but I'd prefer to enjoy myself and not force myself into socially-accepted norms that just aren't for me, which is why I can't blame anybody if they're more than a little obsessive with their hobbies. As others in that forum have stated, so long as he's not hurting himself or others and is financially sound, what's keeping him?
Wow. That is the most meaningful thing I've ever heard on bulbagarden. However, i'd rather do all that stuff you said you wouldn't do:).

Too true. I have to put up with more than my fair share of my parents telling me to 'be like everyone else'. What? you mean them losers outside smoking goodness knows what? No thanks.

I'd trade all my Anime collection for a girlfriend.

Well, there is no proper way to say this without looking bad but finding a girlfriend is easy. The thing you really want is a girl that you love, and I don't mean a kind of pathetic P-whip kind of love (I have to watch my language because there are actual kids at Bulbagarden now, lol) but something to where if you weren't sexually attracted to each other you'd still be good friends.

If a girl is looking to change something like say "I don't want you to play games/ watch anime/ change something about you that you love" then you probably are leading yourself in a crap relationship anyways and you probably should break it up. Now I mean, there are different extremes like a girl asking for less if you obsess, but it's really only putting water on the burn.

The thing that would make an otaku like this the most happy would be an otaku girl friend.

I don't know, maybe I'm just getting old.. but any guy that says any sex is better than no sex is either lying/joking or a male prostitute. Some things a paper bag just can't cover. :p

How did I get this off topic again?

Gohansan said:
Too true. I have to put up with more than my fair share of my parents telling me to 'be like everyone else'. What? you mean them losers outside smoking goodness knows what? No thanks.

I love how you equate "people whose social lives are important to them" with "pot smokers." :drowsy:

And if that thread on ToonZone is to be believed, then the guy whose girlfriend left him because he spends all his time obsessiong over anime also has a sixteen-month old son. A son who, according to the otaku, doesn't deserve his love or attention on the basis that he has no emotional attachment to him.

In cases where one's love of a hobby results in possible future child services visits, it's time to turn off the damn TV and wake the hell up.

Of course, it's also entirely possible that the ToonZone thread is just a joke. Can't forget that possibility.

This one guy on Allrong Park apparently steals his wife's welfare checks to buy ONE PIECE DVD's.

I haven't said anything but I can now say one big thing that annoys me.

Being extreme purists!

You heard the Narutards act like this but probably nothing like this (with small political stuff in it. Just a fair warning and hoping not to start anything because of it).

My friend is so stuck up on it. I tell him that Naruto is a kids show. However, he then comments about how the kids in the U.S. are so sheltered because they aren't exposed to the ugly real world stuff like violence. After saying that, he said that Naruto is a kids show...in Japan! Here, it should be targeted to 15+ or whatever older age because the violence would be unedited and because the older audience has more disposable income. Not to mention justifying it by mentioning some figure of some guy stabbed with a sword and still in him that's a Japan only figure. I'm just baffled at how he justified that Naruto is a show for 15+ (or pretty much...not kids) in the U.S. but a kids show elsewhere. Fart jokes? It came from filler so that doesn't count as proof for still being a kids show in the U.S. Written on a kids' level? He isn't going to buy it! Oh yeah, and he goes on about not altering it to stay in line with the creator's vision and thus Naruto should be aim at the 15+ audience.

Yeah, it really annoys me and the only real thing about the fans that annoys me.

Are you saying it's wrong to try to learn another language?

Looking at the sentence, I think this refers to the people who learn it just because Naruto is a Japanese cartoon. If I ever learn Japanese, it's because I'm very interested in linguistics, though. (Latin ftw!)

The thing that annoys me is the random phrases and misuse of the [japanese] language.

"That's so KAWAII!!!"
"Hi Tom-chan and Sarah-kun!"

xD

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but. when they insist that fansubs are better than official subtitles/dubs despite the fact that they know that they're watching partial translations.

Fans who are only open to watching the newest and the shiniest, and anything more than 5 years old (heaven forbid anything from the last century) is too old and thus automatically uncool/boring.

Fans who think one particular show is the be all and end all and refuse to acknowledge/watch anything else no matter what anyone else says/does.

I hate anime fans who let the show take over their life. That was the kind of fan I used to be... you know, in fifth grade. It's fine to be a fan of a show and write fanfiction and all that, but you have to make some friends and do other things, too. (That's why I like my boyfriend so much... he's not into anime, so he and I can go do OTHER things with our lives. <3)

So yeah. I guess the thing that annoys me is anime fans that are TOO engulfed in anime and thus stop caring about everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom