• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do Max, Conway, Steven and Mr. Stone. have in common with Batman?

Paulisthebest

"Ursaring, standby for battle!"
Reaction score
This is just a fun thread comparing the anime to the Dark Knight. I loved the episode where we meet Mr. Stone and his adventure with Max to save some stolen fossil fluids from the Team Aqua grunt.

To me Mr. Stone is similar to old Bruce Wayne in “The Dark Knight Returns” comic letting go of his crusade (or life as a Pokemon Trainer).

Steven Stone is kind of like Nightwing/Dick Grayson leaving the whims of his father to go out on his own. That journey leading him to become Hoenn Champion! Too bad he only appeared in one episode and even though its mentioned his is a great Pokemon trainer either he isn’t recognized as Champion or hasn’t reached the title yet considering in DP Wallace in mentioned to be the Champ in that region.

When he sees Max, he is reminded of his son takes a liking to him and decides to take him up as his young ward to catch the Team Aqua Grunt! Funny how Max with those glasses and haircut look kind of like the female Robin in the comics!

Another fun theory (just for kicks) all of the devices Devon Corp. was designing; talk to Pokemon, become a Pokemon, see Pokemon Dreams (UNOVA!!!) and to revive a Pokemon fossil. Come on you can’t tell me there isn’t a time machine in development!

Since Mr. Stone took a liking to Max it would make sense for him to use it on Max as his wish to grow up quickly to become a trainer to have that battle with Ash. Which he lost to in the Tag Battle Tournament and again in the Sinnoh League but afterwards he returned to Hoenn to revert his age. That flashback May had telling the gang he was taking care of his dad’s Pokemon using his teachings from Brock was what SHE thought he was doing xD

So, overall this was a fun little thing I noticed.

Attachments

• max 9.jpg
    max 9.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 714
  • max 5.jpg
    max 5.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 1,854
  • max 7.jpg
    max 7.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 3,090
  • max 3.jpg
    max 3.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 794
  • max 8.jpg
    max 8.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 160
Now if only their parents were dead, then the comparison would be perfect.

6cLOh29.jpg

(And yeah, Masato really does look like Carrie Kelly from the Dark Knight Returns...)

Carrie Kelly's parent's weren't dead just neglected her in some comic reviews it is hinted they were hippie like people who were always high.

Mr. Stone was old so maybe...his parents are dead.

Not to mention he may have inherited the Devon Corporation from his parents you never know haha

This is just a fun thread comparing the anime to the Dark Knight. I loved the episode where we meet Mr. Stone and his adventure with Max to save some stolen fossil fluids from the Team Aqua grunt.

To me Mr. Stone is similar to old Bruce Wayne in “The Dark Knight Returns” comic letting go of his crusade (or life as a Pokemon Trainer).

Steven Stone is kind of like Nightwing/Dick Grayson leaving the whims of his father to go out on his own. That journey leading him to become Hoenn Champion! Too bad he only appeared in one episode and even though its mentioned his is a great Pokemon trainer either he isn’t recognized as Champion or hasn’t reached the title yet considering in DP Wallace in mentioned to be the Champ in that region.

When he sees Max, he is reminded of his son takes a liking to him and decides to take him up as his young ward to catch the Team Aqua Grunt! Funny how Max with those glasses and haircut look kind of like the female Robin in the comics!

Another fun theory (just for kicks) all of the devices Devon Corp. was designing; talk to Pokemon, become a Pokemon, see Pokemon Dreams (UNOVA!!!) and to revive a Pokemon fossil. Come on you can’t tell me there isn’t a time machine in development!

Since Mr. Stone took a liking to Max it would make sense for him to use it on Max as his wish to grow up quickly to become a trainer to have that battle with Ash. Which he lost to in the Tag Battle Tournament and again in the Sinnoh League but afterwards he returned to Hoenn to revert his age. That flashback May had telling the gang he was taking care of his dad’s Pokemon using his teachings from Brock was what SHE thought he was doing xD

So, overall this was a fun little thing I noticed.

Mind = Blown.

It fits. Steven Stone and Max/Conway who would have thought.

Now, I think looking after Pokemon isn't the only thing Brock taught Max ahem, Conway.

220px-HeatTagCreepy.png

Yeah I know what you mean as soon as I saw Conway I'm like yep Max truly got that from Brock. Kind of weird considering Max was Brock's cock-blocker through the AG generation.

Yeah I know what you mean as soon as I saw Conway I'm like yep Max truly got that from Brock. Kind of weird considering Max was Brock's cock-blocker through the AG generation.

Blame hormones. He won't cock-block Brock after being Conway.

Guys, guys, guys: Max evolves into Conway at Level 50. Everyone knows that!

No, that's a misconception. Max learns the move Creepster's Laugh at Level 50, which is basically the trigger for his evolution. However the Devon Researchers through their advanced research on Quantum mechanics and after a thorough analysis of Max Planck's theory, combined with Einstein's infamous E = mc^2 equation have discovered a way to transform him temporarily into Conway without leveling up or hitting puberty.

No, that's a misconception. Max learns the move Creepster's Laugh at Level 50, which is basically the trigger for his evolution. However the Devon Researchers through their advanced research on Quantum mechanics and after a thorough analysis of Max Planck's theory, combined with Einstein's infamous E = mc^2 equation have discovered a way to transform him temporarily into Conway without leveling up or hitting puberty.

Ah, I see. Am I correct in assuming that when Max transforms into Conway, he learns the move Peeping Tom at level 60? Furthermore, does he also learn the move chick stalking at level 70?

Ah, I see. Am I correct in assuming that when Max transforms into Conway, he learns the move Peeping Tom at level 60? Furthermore, does he also learn the move chick stalking at level 70?

Well let's refrain from further discussion here :p Most people might find this as spam :3

Well let's refrain from further discussion here :p Most people might find this as spam :3

True. hahaha. XD.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom