• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you call people from Kanto or Sinnoh?

Midnight Blue

~Love Is Hard To Define~
Reaction score
Like how in the real world, we have Floridians, or a Marylander. What would you call people from the Pokémon world?

Well, since Kanto and Sinnoh are apparently based on Japanese prefectures, Im gonna go with Kanto-jin and Sinnoh-jin.

Me and my brother were talking about this the other day. We call people from Bristol, "Bristolians", with the accent. So, naturally, Kanto would be "Kantolians" and Sinnoh would be "Sinnohlians".

Well, since Kanto and Sinnoh are apparently based on Japanese prefectures, Im gonna go with Kanto-jin and Sinnoh-jin.
This. ^

But, really, I would probably just rephrase whatever I was saying so I could just use "a native of *location*." If that wouldn't be applicable, then I would definitely go with Kanto-jin and Sinnoh-jin as Rellik posted above.

I like the sound of "Kantonias" and "Sinnahns". Rolls off the tongue.

Kantonese. You just run the risk of people thinking that you can't quite spell properly.

Or there's always the nicely Latinate Kantoni and Sinnohienses as a counterpart to the Japanese "-jin" suggested above.

There could be dozens of linguistic varieties, really, just as there are different ways to say "Americans" or "Frenchmen" in different languages.

Kantonian, Johtonian, Hoenner, Sinnohnian...

...seriously, what the...

Maybe they could be like Indiana and be called something that is completely different from its region's name!

i think kanto would be kantonese and sinnoh would be sinnohnians. makes sense to me and sounds fun.

Kantonian and Sinnohian. Although now that I think of it, Sinnohsian sounds a lot better.

The other two I call Johtonian and Hoennite.

EDIT: Almian and Fiorian. Can't forget those!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom