• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you call the currency?

What do you call it?

• Pokémon Dollars

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PokéDollars

Votes: 93 27.8%
  • PokéMoney

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Zenny

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • PokéYen

Votes: 21 6.3%
  • Pen

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Pyen

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Dollars

Votes: 47 14.1%
  • Yen

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Credits

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Poké

Votes: 72 21.6%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 58 17.4%

• Total voters

Zekurom

is obsessed with Noivern!
Reaction score
As shown on the Bulbapedia page for "Pokémon Dollar", there are bunches of different names people give to the P with the two crosses.

And given the nature of Colosseum and XD, I don't think they can really be counted as official names that apply elsewhere, simply because you never actually see them elsewhere.

So I'm just interested, Pokémon fans. What do you call it?

I'll start with a vote for "pyen", 'cause that's what I call it.

it's a p with a double stripe, don't know what is, but have you consulted if there's something in bulbapedia??

I call all currency "dollars" in a non-real world. Easier on my mind and I don't have to wonder what the exchange rate is.

i call it money. "one money, two money" it easier for me. yeh

Usually, I call it Poké but I sometimes slip up and call it dollars or bucks.

Money, yen, or Pokeyen.

And I prefer calling it yen over dollar because of the ridiculously high value of things in the Pokeworld.

Poké Dollars, always called them Poké Dollars, always will.. Unless there will be some kind of official announcement of what the currency is called..

"Dollars" is easy, even in Mystery Dungeon. It's handwritten as P(two slashes), but in the URPG, I typed it as P¥

I call it yen. I still subscribe to the idea that the entire Pokémon world is just an alternate-reality Japan.

I simply call them dollars. Why confuse myslef with another name? To me, all currency in games is dollars. Unless u pick up a coin to get them (like in PMD or Mario), then they become Coins. I even call the Rings in Sonic Coins.

Back
Top Bottom