• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

What do you call the currency?

What do you call it?

• Pokémon Dollars

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • PokéDollars

Votes: 83 26.3%
  • PokéMoney

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • Zenny

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • PokéYen

Votes: 19 6.0%
  • Pen

• Pyen

• Dollars

Votes: 47 14.9%
  • Yen

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Credits

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Poké

Votes: 68 21.6%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 56 17.8%

• Total voters
Proud Hetalia Fangirl ♥
Reaction score
I call it Poké because of the P with 2 lines. Besides, I heard somewhere in the games that it is Poké.

Insane Particle Collider
Reaction score
its called cash, "i have 500 cash"

17 username changes :D
Reaction score
I just call it Poke. I used to call it money until I picked up my Blue Rescue Team game and the name stuck.

Something
Reaction score
If I had to refer to it as something other then 'money', 'Poké' is what I would use.

Reaction score
I've always just called it cash. Back when I first played blue I couldn't recognize the symbol, I knew it wasn't a dollar symbol, and back then I had never heard of yen before. So I used the generic term cash.

From Leyend to Myth
Reaction score
I don't pronounce the currency, just say the quantity. If necessary, state that's money.

If a potion costs 300(P symbol), I just say it costs 300.

But if for some reason I do have to name it, I'll say Poké.

Reaction score
I've always called it as PokéDollars. I seriously thought everybody calls those "PokéDollars" like I do :D!

Last edited:
Slammin' Flower Child
Reaction score
XD;; My mind always tries to call it pesos, since the Pokemon money symbol looks like the Philippine money symbol. But then I catch myself and just call it money.

Gen. V Female Sprite! :)
Reaction score
Poke, since that's what Professor Rowan calls it!

No need for violence...
Reaction score
I usually just call it dollars.

Thanks.

Team Smugleaf
Reaction score
I don't have a name for it. Whenever I see, for example, ₱1500, I just think "1500!". I've never had a name for it.