• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you call the currency?

What do you call it?

• Pokémon Dollars

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PokéDollars

Votes: 93 27.8%
  • PokéMoney

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Zenny

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • PokéYen

Votes: 21 6.3%
  • Pen

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Pyen

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Dollars

Votes: 47 14.1%
  • Yen

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Credits

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Poké

Votes: 72 21.6%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 58 17.4%

• Total voters
I just call it Poke. I used to call it money until I picked up my Blue Rescue Team game and the name stuck.

If I had to refer to it as something other then 'money', 'Poké' is what I would use.

I've always just called it cash. Back when I first played blue I couldn't recognize the symbol, I knew it wasn't a dollar symbol, and back then I had never heard of yen before. So I used the generic term cash.

I don't pronounce the currency, just say the quantity. If necessary, state that's money.

If a potion costs 300(P symbol), I just say it costs 300.

But if for some reason I do have to name it, I'll say Poké.

I've always called it as PokéDollars. I seriously thought everybody calls those "PokéDollars" like I do :D!

Last edited:
XD;; My mind always tries to call it pesos, since the Pokemon money symbol looks like the Philippine money symbol. But then I catch myself and just call it money.

I don't have a name for it. Whenever I see, for example, ₱1500, I just think "1500!". I've never had a name for it.

Back
Top Bottom