• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you call the currency?

What do you call it?

• Pokémon Dollars

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PokéDollars

Votes: 93 27.8%
  • PokéMoney

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Zenny

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • PokéYen

Votes: 21 6.3%
  • Pen

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Pyen

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Dollars

Votes: 47 14.1%
  • Yen

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Credits

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Poké

Votes: 72 21.6%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 58 17.4%

• Total voters
Dollars, cash, etc.

I mean, we don't call our currency "AnimalDollars," do we?

"Dude, you lost to Lance? That sucks! How much did you have to pay him?"

"Like 3,000 bucks, man!"

I just call 'em bucks.

"Sweet! This Shorts Boy gave me 300 bucks for winning!"

Geddit?

I call them dollars, r bucks, but my boyfriend says yen.
He even gives the USD equivalent when he talks about how much stuff costs in the games, it confuses me sometimes, haha.

In my mind, I call it Dollars, because of its common usage. I find it amusing that Zenny is one of the options on the poll, since it is normally associated with the currency in some of Capcom's games, like Megaman Battle Network.

pokédollars, or even pokés.
and sometrimes, pesoXD

I use kroner, as I do in all games that got money. Although I call them pen on the Internet.

I call them PokéDollars because the Pokémon Monopoly game I had called them that. Cause Monopoly is always canon when it comes to money.

Sadly my set got left out in the rain one day. Apparently Rain Dance is super effective against paper-types. :[

pokedollars, poke, and pokebucks. I don't really talk about pokemon currency though :p

I never thought about it till this thread.

I call it 'pesos', like my national currency in the real world. Since the symbol of the games' currency is a P, I think it fits well.

Back
Top Bottom