• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you call the currency?

What do you call it?

• Pokémon Dollars

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PokéDollars

Votes: 93 27.8%
  • PokéMoney

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Zenny

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • PokéYen

Votes: 21 6.3%
  • Pen

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Pyen

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Dollars

Votes: 47 14.1%
  • Yen

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Credits

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Poké

Votes: 72 21.6%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 58 17.4%

• Total voters
Normally I just read it as the number. But I use the words "Pokebucks", "Pokedollars", and "Pokemoney" pretty evenly.

What? PokéCoupons (or something like that) I always thought that was just what they used in that Battle 100 people thing, not money, more like a token system.

No, that's Battle Revolution. I said Colosseum... XD *oh snap!*

If you get the pun, you get a cookie.

No, that's Battle Revolution. I said Colosseum... XD *oh snap!*

If you get the pun, you get a cookie.

You mean the fact "XD" is an abbreviation for the GameCube Pokemon game, yet an emoticon at the same time? If not... I'm lost.

"Bucks" mainly.
Though most of teh times I just say the number and don't bother with a currency. :eek:

I call it Pokén in my D20 game (and outside) It's a portmanteau of Pokémon and Yen, since the symbol is similar but distinctively a P. Myself and my gaming group and our pokémon playing friends outside of it all use, but I think we're the only ones.

You mean the fact "XD" is an abbreviation for the GameCube Pokemon game, yet an emoticon at the same time? If not... I'm lost.

Yes, that was it.

But isn't Colosseum also a Gamecube game?

I've known for a while now that it's supposed to be Pokemon Dollars, but I've always called it PokeYen. I mean, it's a yen symbol, but a 'P', right? So I always thought PokeYen made the most sense.

Hell no. Where have you been? That game was for the Nintendo 64! What are you smoking, man?

Just kidding. :p

You had me worried there - I looked it up. It's definitely GameCube.

I simply call it "dollars". PokéDollars sounds kinda silly to me, so I just stick with dollars.

Back
Top Bottom