• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Do You Do When the Game is Done?

sonofblaine

Reaction score
So I've defeated the E4 and gotten most of the Dex. I still have a few Looker missions, some Mega Stones to find, and breeding Shinxes. Also, I don't really battle, because I suck. But to break up the monotony of running around with eggs, I've started a new walking tour through Kalos, from the beginning with a couple of starter level Pokemon (a 4IV shinx I bred and my Pokebank Celebi). I've put the rules to myself that I'll only add to my party what i catch along the way (trying to use pokemon I haven't used before) and only advancing from route to route as I the lowest level on my team exceeds the route average. When I make it to the Elite Four again, I'll do some heavy training with my new team in the Battle Chateau and take them on to establish a second team in my Hall of Fame. I could have just picked out ny combination from my PC of high powered Pokemon to make my second run, but this felt more fun and a more organically raised team that I'll be more attached too.

I'm currently bombing around Route 4 with Abranax (my Shinx), Celebi, Mothra (a Caterpie), Magikarp, and Budew.

How does everyone else play the game when the options get limited?

Turn it off and never touch it again. I play the games for the adventure aspects, which is unfortunate because those aspects haven't been fleshed out in a long time.

If you like spending time in that world doing mundane things, I try to find any overworld items I miss, finish the regional pokedex, then the national, then make a living pokedex, then start breeding for 5IV of anything I want to possibly use on a team and use it.

Sometimes I train a new team and challenge the elite four with them, or I try to hatch shinies. In X, I like breeding random Pokemon (that are also sort of uncommon) and putting them on Wonder Trade.

If I want to restart a game, I move all of my best Pokemon to another game first if possible.

I usually create more competitive teams, EV train/IV breed them, and then use them in another run-through that I'm starting. Every time I finish the game, I continue that cycle until I decide to stop playing the game altogether for awhile.

I'm currently going through Pokemon Black. Once I complete the game, I'm going to transfer some of my Unova Pokemon to my Pokemon Y to complete the (Inter)National Pokedex.

I completed the Pokemon World Tournament in B2. It's too bad there's nothing fun like that in Y.

That.... is a great idea. Usually what I do is just... let the game sit there. Lol. I'm always bored when my game ends xD

after i defeated the E4 i started breeding competitive mons to play online and with friends, and recently i joined a pokemon group that organize tournaments so i started the battle maison to gather BP and get battle items, but the maison itself can be pretty good at times. also, i have yet to complete the battle chateau

I trade with people on the internet hoping to get a legendary. On GTS, The easy to find vanillite are sold like hot cakes if you want a legendary. Heck, I got two shiny latias for them!

Lots and lots of monotonous and tiring IV and shiny breeding. Then training up and competitive battling with said results of breeding. Otherwise, the Battle Maison is fun and wonder trading leftovers can be fruitful at times.

In past games, before I got into competitive battling, I would mostly just screwed around for a bit or start the game over.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom