• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you do with all those Pokemon?

coolcatkim22

You look good at Pokemon but how's you chem?
Reaction score
What do you guys do with your Pokemon?

After you get a collection of them do you just keep them in a box to rot? I'm curious cause I have over two thousand Pokemon and I'm not really sure what to do with them all. So I was wondering what other players do.

I SHOVE THEM IN THE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK!
My living dex that is, spares I either wonder trade or release.

Some others I keep for breeding, battling and trading. However they stay in my game.

Almost all of them stay in the box. I never know when some crazy deal might turn up on the GTS, after all. Some go to the bank to loosen up space. I also hang onto my living dex now, to make "completion" in future games easier. Old teams and favorites also stick around. Random ones I don't need are either released or WT'd.

They sit there...For me to look at...And maybe battle with them against some random trainer sometimes...?Though,my Pokemon-hoarding issue I had when I started out is gone,so I don't have that much to choose from..Only like 200+ on Black2 and three and a half boxes on Y.And that's not counting Platinum,Soul Silver and White because the amount of Pokemon on there are little.

I usually stick to getting one of each species. I have a special box for my legendaries, which I train.

I have a box for Unowns which will just sit there, because I don;t know what to do with them.

My previous teams get their own box.

And everything else is just scattered in the other boxes, just staying there until a battle comes up where we use random Pokemon with friends.

However, with the revolution Generation 6 has been, I might play with all of them in Pokemon-Amie. :D

There are some Pokémon (like my team of 6 Meowth) that I've had in my boxes since my FireRed playthrough back in God knows when... They are all currently sitting in my Bank account. 60 boxes...

They all just stay in my PC, because I get random breeding urges and just want to use someone random. Otherwise, I'll WT or GTS trade my spares, depending on who it is.

Just put it on the box. I don't really want to train all of them anyway.

Box 'em. These days I don't have as many duplicates as I used to, simply because the clutter was getting ridiculous on X. Now I have my living 'dex on Pokémon Bank and a few spares on the game itself, including any trade fodder

They get to play in the box with each other, wishing they hadn't been captured by a guy getting it purely for a +1 on the caught Pokemon list.

I store them in the boxes for all eternity never giving them food or water, never seeing the light of day. I leave them in the cold hard storage unit that is the PC, Always wishing that they weren't caught by somebody who has dreams of winning tournaments and only ever using a few of them, most of which are bred specifically for the purpose. Most of them are wishing they had some sort of VGC viability, just so they could see the few moments of a computer-generated arena full of people who never move. Perhaps they aren't even real...? Am I not a cruel person? :evil:

I build my team, and then the rest of the Pokémon that I may catch go into the PC Box, never to be see again. If I get bored, I may take a couple out, and level grind them, though.

I caught a very very little amount of pokemon, so I usually train most of them.
The rest, stay on the boxes, I use them for mini-games like contest and all or I level up them a little.

I like to play with each of them in the Pokemon Amie at least once, just to see if they do anything absolutely adorable. I've gained a few favorites this way. For example, I've never been too fond of Braixen's design, but it's so cute in the Amie!

I (plan on doing, anyway) set all my "regulars" (i.e. Pokemon from playthroughs, breeding 'mons, and other sentimental stuff) into strict categorization based on either generation of origin, amount of usage or type (again, I'm not sure). The rest of my Pokedex fillers go to Bank.

Well some I keep in 'special' boxes, such as battling boxes, shiny boxes and even boxes I have labeled for pokemon from specific countries. The others, well..I tell them they are making me very proud for keeping masters boxes well used and if they're behaving good enough, I'll release them back into the wild!

The naughty ones get traded away and become a problem for someone else. Tsk tsk.

The special ones, like legendaries, event and shiny Pokemon are in my Bank.

My first three boxes in the PC are reserved for my favourites. I train them by traveling through Kalos and sometimes earn a few BPs. After a while, the ones that are trained enough go to the Pokemon League so that they can earn a spot in the Hall of Fame. After those boxes come spare ones that I use for the GTS and a box for Pokemon that have a funny background story. Like the two Mantyke I received via WT right after eachother with the OT's Gary and Ash, or the Exeggcute I got that is called "Omelette Du Fromage" or something.
The rest of the boxes is filled with Flabébé's, Eevee's and Zigzagoons. You know, Wondertrade.

I rotate and train ALL of them. It takes a long time, that's why i wish the new EXP share mechanic had been implemented sooner so i could actually use it. Once trained, they battle in the regional facility (eg Unova's subway). My Serperior is now flawless in these events after i gave it Aqua tail and Iron tail, as well as giga drain and coil.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom