• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you do with your starter?

What do you do with your starter?

• Use it the whole game!

Votes: 29 93.5%
  • Use it until I find something else.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Box it forever as soon as possible.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Trade it to another game to get something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I always keep them in my team (though strongly considering not doing that for B2 when I finally play it. I don't like Emboar or Samurott at ALL, and I already used Serperior in White....)
They're usually kept around equal in level to the rest of my team. Some of them I like a lot and favor some (Charizard, Typhlosion, Sceptile), but some of them I keep more out of obligation and feeling bad for it, since it's supposed to be special to you (Serperior, Marshtomp, Infernape)...

My starter (which is always Fire) is the frontrunner of my team and my go-to Pokémon. Also the one I get most attached too. I definitely use it the entire game, and beyond. When I finish the game, I shift my focus to training my team to level 100, and always the starter first.

In most of my games in the past, my starter always had a huge level lead over the other team members. This was a bit of a problem, especially when there was a type disadvantage, so in Black I always kept my Watchog a similar level to my Emboar throughout the game. Black 2 was the first game where I decided to give an even team a try, and it was pretty hard. Not sure what I'm going to do in X, all I know is that I'm choosing Fennekin.

I keep my starter on my team and always have it a few levels higher than the rest of my team. It's the first pokemon you get and depending on the game; the one you'll end up relying the most until you're able to catch some decent pokemon to build a team with. By that point, I get too attached to it and just can't bring myself to box it even though there are technically better pokemon I could use(for example, I prefer Starmie's design and technique options, but I had too many good times with my Blastoise and won so many close battles with him).

Re: What do you do wih your starter?

I box them, unfortunately. I don't really see any particular use for them after I beat the Elite Four, so yeah. u__u

...Though there are the rare points in time in which I continue grinding them to like the 60s and 70s and then box them afterwards.

I keep it on my team.He/She is with me since the very first step and I like to watch them grow bigger and stronger

Normally, I use my starter Pokemon the entire game, although I did deposit Pikachu in Yellow since it can't evolve, and considered Nidoran-M to be my "true" starter Pokemon.

It usually stays for the whole story and the postgame story bits, but then all bets are off when I start revamping these teams. Sobble was the only exception as I dropped it before the first gym and got a Teleport/Regenerator Slowking much later.
My de-facto starter in Shield was the Vileplume I caught very early on as Oddish and raised into a tanky menace whose Leech Seed and Strength Sap shenanigans invalidated a lot of D/Gmax story bosses.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom