• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you expect from the new Pokémon anime series?

Reaction score
1. Instead of chaotic region-hopping, I'd rather the MCs spend a few episodes in a region before moving on.

2. Galar and Paldea get more love

3. I want MC's Pokemon to include:
Pawmi, Grafaiai, Tinkaton, Dachsbun and Greavard.

4. Satoshi is not mentioned or shown (even if the new series is in the same continuity).

I would like to see Liko battle and have a badge quest in Paldea. I also want to see Arven, Sada and Turo in the anime with expanded backstories. I wouldn't mind Ash getting a cameo but then I would also like to see other fan favorites such as Dawn and Serena interact with Liko.

Right now my only expectations are that since the group is studying Pokémon mysteries, we'll have some plots where they study the battle mechanics like Z-Moves, Mega Evolution, Dynamax/Gigantamax, and of course the Terastal Phenomenon. And through that, I expect Liko and Roy will each obtain a Pokémon that can Mega Evolve and one that can Gigantamax.

Right now, my expectations are relatively low. As much as I would love to see them cover the Paldea Gym challenge, I don't see that happening. The focus on the promotional material, what little we have thus far at least, is put more on the mysteries of the Pokemon world, especially with Liko's pendant and to a lesser degree Roy's Pokeball. Plus, I don't know if I could see Liko being interested in Gym battles for a few reasons. Maybe Roy since he wants to battle against Legendary Pokemon, but with how little attention he has gotten from the marketing, I'm not sure about that either. It would be nice for them to go to Paldea partly for Gym battles so that the Gym Leaders aren't ignored like the Galar Gym Leaders were, but I'm not confident about that happening here. I still really hope that they don't just adapt the Area Zero portion of the storyline from Scarlet/Violet and then ignore everything else about the games afterwards. There's sadly a real good chance of that happening, especially given how SM and Journeys adapted their respective generation's storylines, but I really hope that won't happen.

I am more hopeful about how there will be more focus on the new Pokemon, at least more so than Galar Pokemon were in Journeys. The marketing has kept the Paldea starters in the spotlight and the second poster also had a few Paldea Pokemon featured, so it does give me a bit of hope that there could be more of a balance between older and new Pokemon. While I'm still not thrilled about another world tour series, ideally they'll be able to spend more time in each region and/or potentially make the travels between different regions feel more natural if their home base is the airship. Ash and Goh having to go back to Kanto basically after every episode or two in a different region always felt at odds with the world tour setup, so Liko and Roy traveling by airship all the time could make the transitions feel more natural by comparison.

I'm fairly sure that they'll have Ash eventually meet Liko and Roy. I don't expect it to happen anytime soon. They'd want to have time to flesh out the new characters and establish the new status quo for at least the first year, but I could see that happening at some point down the road.

I expect Ash and his Pikachu to at least appear as a supporting character. Not only that, but I'd love to see Galar and Paldea get the attention they need, and more characters from the former appear.
I also expect at least one of the two Professors from Pokémon Scarlet and Violet to be on the heroes' side.

Last edited:
World
  • I want this to take place in the same world as the Ash saga. It doesn't have to be a forced confirmation but something like Officer Jenny still being around and Pokemon feeling like a natural part of the world and not just collectibles who like to battle would be nice.
  • Locations to actually mean something, preferrably with less Kanto ones than before.
  • Paldea representation, not only Pokemon but also features. And please, don't forget the DLC this time!
  • Battle episodes to stay and keep their frequency, though I'm optimistic they'll be a given.
Characters and plot
  • Liko to have a clear goal before episode 10.
  • Full teams for Liko and Roy, preferrably featuring fully evolved Gen 9 mons.
  • As much episodes focusing on Amethio and the organization as possible, they look intriguing and deserve to be developed appropiately.
  • The mysteries of the pendant, Rayquaza and the ball being resolved. It should be obvious but...cough*GS Ball*cough*Zekrom*cough.
  • High continuity, I'm ok with fillers but the tension has to keep growing when it needs to.

To put it bluntly and short, I want a good story. A good story is hard to define. The core of a good story is entertainment value and emotional value.

I also wish for the lore of Paldea to be respected and acknowledged. If they were to do something with the Scarlet and Violet plot (which I don’t think is a necessity), I’d want it to be handled well instead of just being thrown off as a filler arc.

I think I also wish that the characters actually travel if they decide to really not focus on Paldea. No staying in Kanto for half the season please.

As long as this series isn't in AU, I'd like for Ash and Pikachu to appear at least once
and for him to have a different outfit by this time (his Journeys one's gotten a little old by this point imo).

For Horizons itself, I'm not expecting too much. I just want a series that's better than Journeys
and one that has good fillers and that the concept of the world tour is handled better this time around than it was in the previous series.

Last edited:
Building up a supporting and recurring cast with the academy setting, like how Alola used the school as a home base. If the Team Star storyline from SV gets adapted this could go a long way to fleshing it out since in the game the player doesn't spend a lot of time there to see the systemic bullying problem before it becomes a key motivator in the storyline. Also seeding in set up for a pay-off as the Arven storyline, maybe he's skulking around the in the background keeping people at arm's length until Liko and Roy fulfil the player character role in the story.

With the Teal Mask and Indigo Disk DLCs being like a student exchange, depending on how their stories play out using them as a basis or launching pad for story arcs, perhaps the latter for a big climax since it looks like it's more geared around a tournament arc storyline.

Building up a supporting and recurring cast with the academy setting, like how Alola used the school as a home base. If the Team Star storyline from SV gets adapted this could go a long way to fleshing it out since in the game the player doesn't spend a lot of time there to see the systemic bullying problem before it becomes a key motivator in the storyline. Also seeding in set up for a pay-off as the Arven storyline, maybe he's skulking around the in the background keeping people at arm's length until Liko and Roy fulfil the player character role in the story.

With the Teal Mask and Indigo Disk DLCs being like a student exchange, depending on how their stories play out using them as a basis or launching pad for story arcs, perhaps the latter for a big climax since it looks like it's more geared around a tournament arc storyline.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom