• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Do You Fear?

Social interaction and phones are my biggest fears. I have obviously met with friends and received calls, but as a whole it's an experience that always makes me so nervous, scared and worrisome.

Sailormoonaphobia- need i say more.
Toyotphobe_ scared of toyotas not stopping and plowing into me
Crownvicaphobia_ i get quite startled when ever i see a Ford Crown Victoria because i cant tell if it is an unmarked police car or a civilan
FirstEnergy and nuclear power together

Off the top of my head: heights, failure, and wasps.

I'm mildly acrophobic, but my biggest phobia is probably my fear of failure, of embarrassment. I can't stand it when I make mistakes publicly.

I have....a lot of fears. But at least I'm not scared of heights or of the dark! x'D
Atychiphobia - fear of failure
Anthropophobia - fear of people or society
Insectophobia - fear of insects (especially centi/milipedes)
IDK what it's called, but I also fear that someone will try to break into my house and kill me o_o
Agyiophobia - fear of being on the street
Acousticophobia - fear of noise
Agraphobia - fear of...erm..friendly abuse
Anuptaphobia - fear of staying single (don't ask x'D)
I don't have a fear-of-heights, but I do have a fear-of-going-SPLAT!-on-the-ground.

I only fear infractions. Heights don't bother me, insects and bugs don't bother me, (I actually really like them) and I don't fear public failure. :)

Infractions, things that are poisonous, something poping out of nowhere, death, guys in character costumes, cancer, social interactions by phone and interview.

Arachnophobia. But I mostly hate big spiders.

While this is not an actual phobia, there are certain pictures that make me flinch. Some of the old pictures of prehistoric creatures creep me out. The picture that scared me the most was one of this large (about 10 ft tall) prehistoric bird called Brontornis. The picture, which showed an implausibly large one attacking a dinosaur, was done around the start of the 1900s. The Brontornis in the picture was like a giant chicken, and had a disturbing-looking head and its beak looked vicious. Plus it seemed to be beady-eyed. The bird in the picture was so scary I actually had nightmares about it trying to eat me. Although scientists now know that it looked nothing like the old picture. In real life, the bird looked like an ostrich with a heavier head. A more recent picture of Brontornis (both pictures are on Wikipedia) shows it as ostrich-like, with a long neck. Thank goodness that picture wasn't scary.

Last edited:
I can't remember if I posted here, but here's a list again...;

Spiders.
Small rooms. I fear these so much.
Ghosts.
Darkness.
Needles.
Blood.
Drowning.
Heights.
Any type of bugs except dragon flies.

I might add more later that slipped my mind. XD

I also get scared when people hover over me when they're angry. I feel like they're trying to hit me when they do that.

Wasps. I have a huge fear for the little trolls.

Bees freak me out too, but at least they mind their own business.

There is only one thing I fear, and it terrifies me every time I think about it. That thing is death. Specifically the deaths of those closest to me, and even more so, my own death. -shudder-

Bleeding cuts and bleeding nose. Last Thursday when I attended extra class, one of my friends got nose bleeding there, and the teacher came out and asked about that. Another thing is death.

I'm terrified of crowds, and complete rejection. And frogs. : P

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom