• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Do You Fear?

Aviophobia - Fear of flying. A bad one considering I almost always fly back home for extended breaks.

That's my big one. I am utterly terrified of stepping on board an airplane. You can throw that "Statistically it's safer than driving" crap at me all day long but it won't matter: I always freak out when I have to fly. (Did I mention that BotCon is in California this year? Oh yeah, I gotta fly. Not looking forward to it. At. All.)

I have a few more fears to put
Pyrophobia- i fear fire especially house fires my friends house was recently caught on fire.
Ballistophobia-everyones afraid of this one

Mottephobia- fear of moths. I'm fine with pictures of them they're quite beautiful. But being close to one, and especially if they're flying around, I just freak out like crazy. There was one time a moth was trapped in my car while I was on the freeway and I swear if my friend hadn't been there to calm me down and take care of it, I would have crashed.

I actually saw this on Serebii Forums and though 'hey, does BMGf have this?'. Well, I looked back about four pages, and saw nothing, so I decided to create this thread here in the misc.! And I do so hope I posted this in the correct thread. .

Here's a list of mine (Please note that they don't necessarily have the be 'phobias', just things you wouldn't like to see/be around/et cetera. I have merely listed the unusual things, but you can list any you like. Feel free to include funny things for the lawlz.):

Bathophobia - Fear of depth.
I don't know what it is, but just seeing how deep some bodies of water are scares the crap outta me. I think it's because I can't swim. =(

Automatonophobia - Fear of ventriloquist's dummies, animatronic creatures, wax statues - anything that falsly represents a sentient being.
Yes, ventriloquist dummies. . *shudder* The very thought of them is so vile.

Batophobia - Fear of heights or being close to high buildings.
This one only applies to being close to high buildings. I wouldn't say it's a phobia, but I just get nervous, is all. It's odd.

Emetophobia- Fear of vomiting.
. . . ._. Must I elaborate? Just the thought! Ugh! ><

For a complete list of phobias (so you may take your pick), click here! I stopped at letter 'I'. ^^"

--

Chrometophobia or Chrematophobia - Fear of money.
No, I am not afraid of money. I just saw this and thought it'd be good for some lolz's.

You know, that's very good that you have actually well-thought out and devised some sort of fashion to list all the phobias in there and then link your post to the complete full set of list of phobias. Since most of the phobias in there come from words that are from Greek roots or words, what would the Fear of Death be? I usually once was afraid of death, afraid of dying, or afraid of hearing on the news about people getting killed or even seeing one die like when I got the chance to experience my cat dying with my sister and when mom was away for from her birthday. And it's not just death I'm afraid of. It's also the fear of killing people, the fear of having to face time in prison if I ever do, and the fear of heights and standing up at the highest acme, Höhepunkt as in highest point or summit, or Gipfel which relates and translates back to what I said, or like being up real high in the air where there's zero Zero Gravity meaning that the gravity still exists and the pressure is still on applying the force of weight up there, as I've been learning in my Chemieswissenschaftsklasse or "Chemistry Science Class" this year and being up even higher outside the Earth's atmosphere is even more scarier when there's no gravity or pressure, we're in the Zero Gravity Zone aka die "Zerogravitationszone" in die Sprache von Deutsch, since I really extremely like and enjoy putting in and saying long words thus I don't have Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, die Angst aus lang oder überaus lang Wörter. Translation: the fear of long or extremely long words. Heck, since I just typed a really long word which is longer than the German words I be speaking and it could be an excellent addition later to my huge Word List on Gmail although it could show up in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th Document of the Word List or something since I'm still on the A word list and I don't just put any word down. I'll have to note down on there what they mean too and not just be me listing words on the Word List and not even know what they mean. That'll be even scarier than someone who just has Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia or the fear of long or extremely relatively long words in which in German relatively is relativ (without the ely) since the e's are NOT THAT QUITE silent in German and is pronounced as RE-LAH-TEEV. Relativ is also an adjective and not just an adverb and it means relative, just right where we get the word from since it's a true friend of that Wort and not just a fake friend or Falschedeutshfreund or Falschefreund. It also means comparative and the other word for relatively is verhältnismäßig which is another Adjektiv und Adverb, comes from the combination of the German Verhältnis and the German Maß combined with it as a Kompositumswort zusammen plus das Suffix "ig". Kompositumswort = compound word. Zusammen = together in the text I used it in. And contains the meanings of proportionate, proportional, commensurate, comparative, relative, which I just talked about, and reasonable, relatively which I talked about again, and comparatively. Actually long words shouldn't scare people as much regardless of the Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia or not, but using words you don't really know could be treacherous and only use them if they make sense in the context or it could cause several people to space out and then laugh at what you said that could've been terrible or funny within the next minute. That next minute you uttered a wrong word or just did it in an intentional way like that one time based from what I read on BBC languages on the Confused or Stuck on Words, I could pull up the link for you if you ask me in a pm about if this is really true because one time a customer and an employee were at a restaurant whether if this took place in Canada or France; doesn't really matter, they speak French in both those places anyway. And the worker was asking the customer if he wanted something like his stake in a midi size thinking that midi meant medium. So until that guy noticed what the other guy was saying and that was when he checked his watch and it was actually midi, 12:00 PM as in midday, noon, Mittag, middag, noen, etc. that guy totally like continued to repeat midi still thinking that the midi meant medium when it actually meant noon and this probably went on for like about a minute or two. I wouldn't know for sure because I wasn't there about the time; it was only I heard and read a small article about it on BBC. He was actually saying if he wanted his steak noon-sized which as in. What the hell is noon-sized suppose to be or look like anyway? What is that suppose to mean? There is no such size as noon. Since that man checked his watch and it was actually noon and that other man was being such a dummy, but I wouldn't say a dumbass really, but in order to ask that guy at the restaurant if he wanted his steak at a medium sized, he should've simply just said médium quite than midi since there are 2 Latin roots in there that make midi actually mean what it means, noon or midday. From mi which can be short for middle, Mittel, or whatever it's short for and the di part from the Latin root dia which gives Spanish the word dia, spellt techinally in Spanish dictionaries as día. He left the restaurant and this article was titled "NO STEAK AT NOON", or could've been titled in those couple of other languages like German for instance "KEIN STEAK AN MITTAG" or in French as "AUCUN BIFTECK À MIDI" or in Spanish as "NO BISTEC A MEDIODÍA" or Italian written as which is so close to Spanish, the words are almost similar but not identical or otherwise it'll just be Spanish all over again "NO CARNE DI MANZO/BISTECCA A MEZZOGIORNO or even in Dutch as "GEEN BIEFSTUK AAN MIDDAGHOOGTE" etc. OR "MIDDAG" for short which is where we get the word midday directly from. But anyway, what would the word be for the fear of Death anyway since I feared that first or maybe I feared the highest acmes before, but I don't know what I was afraid of first so I'm sort of listing them out for you helter-skelter. If you want to know the link of where I read this article off of BBC, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll send you a response back with the link since I never pm unsolicited. No way Jose! Kein Chance! Only ask me for it if you truly want to know and I really heard that some people on this Earth have Cynophobia, the fear of dogs in which I have a dog so I'm not concerned about that or wonder why they're concerned since dogs were actually put on this planet as God intended to guard and help protect people or at least keep them protected and do many other things as we have police dogs. Don't know what the fear of police dogs might be. But it's something Cynophobia and some word comes in before the "cyno" part. Decidophobia, lol. I can make very great decisions when no one has given me some hard decision to make, like me deciding to come here even though I never got modded when the mods we have now were selected. That wasn't so hard, now was it? Since I didn't go outside and ponder about this like I would usually ponder about many things and then decide to go ramble on and on and on about the topic and subject in matter. The list you linked to is a great list and there's a lot of different words and phobias I could learn and add to my vocabulary rather than just saying "I'm afraid of those damned ants that persist on crawling on me or are near me ready to bite, sting, and attack me." I heard of a kid that went to my school yesteryear and is not even in high school yet, but is still a junior high school kid and knows a lot about the names of the phobia. I should say for him "Good going kid. You know a lot about your phobias, the phobias in general, and what they mean." That's the impression that he should be proud of and you should too for listing them. Now I won't have to go around on Yahoo Questions or Answers, technically called Yahoo Answers, but I'll just heißen it Yahoo Questions or Answers for now since I'd be asking the question instead of answering someone else's question and asking like "What's the word that means the fear of getting banned from a chat room or forum?" for example. Since the roots are always from Greek and I haven't really studied Greek that much or contain at least one parent who knows all those really long difficult words and some are tricky to pronounce for their little old brain to remember the ones they've lernt if they've even lernt any and when I try checking my Greek dictionary for such words as those, they hardly ever match making it harder for me to spell the English word out for them so I have to be looking at them as I type or write them, and I have to find some way to drill them all into my head for future use since they are NOT already. It's like I have to keep saying the words and reciting them over and over again until my brain would remember the right words to use for the right places, and the right moments, and the correct times, and I'm sure for people to become doctors, people have to be sure and notice that doctors probably know a whole lot of these words, especially psycharatrists which could be or is like the same as a pediatrician. If not they got the same traits as one another. Not that I'm becoming one. Would rather turn myself into a teacher or an accountant like my mom, but I'm sure about the phobias, there could be many other phobias that I'm very negative about knowing the names of and this list you provided could help me out on it. Remember you could also send me a pm about where I read that part WAY UP ABOVE NOW since I wrote so much inbetween it. I won't bite and hope that you have a good time if you do get the chance to read it.

Achluophobia- Fear of darkness.
Acrophobia- Fear of heights.
Agyrophobia- Fear of streets or crossing the street.
Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects
Anuptaphobia- Fear of staying single.
Asymmetriphobia- Fear of asymmetrical things.
Atelophobia- Fear of imperfection.
Athazagoraphobia- Fear of being forgotton or ignored or forgetting.
Atychiphobia- Fear of failure.
Autophobia- Fear of being alone or of oneself.
Chronophobia- Fear of time.

Entomophobia- Fear of insects.

Thats really all Im afraid of. Those forms of death like drowning or burning are all creepy, but you'll be dead, so its not like you'll live through it and have to remember it/go through it again.

Thats really all Im afraid of. Those forms of death like drowning or burning are all creepy, but you'll be dead, so its not like you'll live through it and have to remember it/go through it again.

Actually IMO, bugs and insects are awesome except for the mosquitoes that always tend to suck blood from humans at night whenever you and they are around and in contact with 2 different hosts at once like their host and a human's host like what that mosquitoe did to me on the night of Wednesday, July 23, 2008 after 11 PM and I had this little fucking mosquitoe bite on the back of me as it showed when I took my shirt off just for 2 people to look and the bees, which sting people if you actually try to attack them yourselves, but otherwise if you don't try to mess around or mess with a bee, they won't sting you, and those flies because they're annoying bugs and they bug the hell out of you, especially me when at times I'm so hot and in a bunch of heavy clothes and stress. That's when I'd usually be cursing, but what the heck? I would just regularly go grab the fly swatter or Fliegensklatsche as what they are made for and go swat in random places since every time you attempt to hit a fly and miss, they tend to fly off in random directions and in order to get them, you'll have to swat but not throw the fly swatter in random places but not in random random places as I hardly know what random place or places a person or anybody can swat a fly swatter in especially even in the right or wrong direction. When the flies are immobolized and cannot move because of some paint on the walls or the house because we were painting, then killing the flies just facilitates itself. Killing the flies with one blow from the fly swatter becomes easier and you won't have to worry about that same fly again. Heck one time, in August 2006 before I commenced High School and learning all these cool things, English 9, Computer Classes, learning how to speed up my typing which is a great skill to learn how to use for chatting programs like IRC, going on serebii and stuff; yeah, there's a lot of typing done there, especially if you contain some well-thought out things to say in order to become a mod in which I haven't become, might never due to access begging for Op status in the past, Algebra 1 in my favorite math teacher's class, wish if I still had her for Algebra 2 this year including Geometry for last year which I didn't, I had another teacher for that subject instead, Spanish 1 since foreign language is and was required for 2 years minimum, managed to only complete 1 year and get that stuff done, because I really struggled in Spanish and sinc Spanish is a really hard language for well English speakers and there's a whole bunch of rules in the language I don't understand, and German's much easier than Spanish if they could've provided that, but they didn't and still don't, Earth Science which was an interesting class and fun throughout the whole year and not as hard and boring as Chemistry where there's a whole bunch of math equations, a lot of things were explained in ways the class would understand so they wouldn't get confused in Chemistry Class reading all those technical English questions and plus since it was mentioned during Earth Science Class before the next year when I took Biology, and then P.E. which I still have to complete and plus, before on that same day BasiltheDragon got permabanned on the serebiiforums by Captain_Chris for being a waste of time. I assume that was her ban message since she was being such an ass. So when the painting happened, it was probably some time around after the first few days of August which commenced that early first Tuesday and somewhere around the 5th and 6th, and before I had begun high school around at the 21st of August. If you ever have a ladybug crawling on you and since ladybugs are also bugs, hence the word bug just be fond of it, enjoy it and like it like the ladybug is your pet. Bees can be pretty harmless if you don't try to harm them and in May, the bees are here to polinate all the flowers so they're doing their job after Spring has sprung to make all the flowers beautiful and making all the trees and plants in Spring on this Earth the way they should growing the fruit they grow. You shouldn't kill either bees or ladybugs since they're THE BEST but after that mosquitoe did what it did to me that one night 6 months ago when the earth was merely on the other side of the sun, I told it to "EFF OFF of ME" and killed it so then it wouldn't be able to continue sucking the blood off of me or from someone else. Those things are creepy because it could've given me West Nile Disease, maleria and killed me but it didn't and I managed to live through it anyway due to my heart's internal spirit, some stuff like that. Some mosquitoes actually carry diseases and since you have "Entomophobia" the fear of bugs or insects, be careful and stay alert of the mosquitoes so you do notice that to you when they'd be sucking your blood out like that one did to me and then died immediately. LMAO But some bugs are good and some bugs are bad. That's just the way THE WORLD OF THE BUGS are and THEY are.

Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects

I actually could get a good night sleep in the dark knowing me. The dark isn't really something you should be afraid me since at night, it has to be dark. It has to be dark at one time of the day and light at the other when the sun is in the sky shining. If you ever live at the North or South Pole in the right season like the North Pole during the Northern Hemisphere's Winter or even in Alaska, it's always dark there for 24 hours a day, for approximately 6 months straight since the Earth is tilted and has 4 seasons per year. No matter how spun around is on its axis, if for example you are ever standing, sitting, walking, running, awake, or sleeping on the North Pole during Winter, it gets dark there until Spring arises and then it gets dark again during the Fall so no one should be scared of the dark anyway. There's really no boogieman or monster that our parents have gotten us to think and attempted at drilling this hole into little children's brains.

Yes, I'm afraid of heights. I don't even ride on roller coasters because they all go up-side down and I'm afraid I'm going to fall off the ride once that occurs and kill myself and never be seen, heard of, or live again.

To get to your destinations while walking and when your care has broken down, you would have to get over your fear of crossing streets first. I have to walk home from school to home every day since my mom stopped picking me up from school like she did when I was a freshmen but then it all halted sooner or later ever since January of 2 years ago since she had to work longer since one of her bosses is about to die, but hasn't croaked yet. Croak meaning as in to die, not like the croak of a frog.

You go. I hate having things that contain no point into them so I don't just totally disagree with your post or phobias. I could totally also agree on what you're saying, dear. You could marry someone with your Anuptaphobia so you won't be single anymore. I'm not like saying you divorced your spouse or something since that's really not my business and I don't care what you and your spouse do.

Really? What's there asymmetrical to be afraid of? We just know that something that's asymmetrical is actually not symmetrical and symmetry is something we use in Geometry and math a lot. When somethings symmetrical, they involve symmetry in it which are balanced proportions. I'm actually not afraid of things that are inbalanced. I'm just afraid that I'll have a difficult time balancing them like balancing equations in Chemistry. Plus nonsymmetrical things don't contain the corresponding pointd whose connecting lines are bisected by a given point or perpendicularly bisected as a given line or plane, are capable of dicision by a longitudinal plane into similar halves, having the same number of members in each whorl of floral leaves, or things that are related or expressed for which the terms may and can be interchanged with a different term without actually altering the value, character, or truth, and the symmetry is basically just a beauty of form arising from balanced proportions, is a correspondence in size, shape, and relative position of parts on opposite sides of a dividing line or median plane or about a center of axis, and you can compare it to bilateral symmetry and radial symmetry. I got all this information and definitions of symmetry, nonsymmetry, symmetric, and nonsymmetric from my IQuest dictionary, and since you have your silly little fear over nonsymmetric things, you would know what to look out for and how to tell if an object is symmetric. Do you always have symmetric things in your household? Not everything is symmetric but the walls however, are made and composed of symmetry since one part wall would actually bisect another part of the wall and you also have to have the ceiling or roof to your house or any building.

No one's perfect so you'll have to live with that. Not ever since a long time ago when Adam and Eve sinned against God in the Garden of Eden, obeyed the sneaky snake there in which it was really an angel that turned out to be Satan the Devil, and actually ate the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil after God told them not to. They realized they were naked a few seconds afterwards after their first bite and swallow from the fruit and then they ran to the bushes and hid from God. God heard them screaming and immediately came to check up on them and when he asked if either Adam or Eve ate the fruit for the forbidden tree, they admitted to it, and then it was time they had to leave. God was punishing them and he punished that snake too by making it eat dirt for the rest of its days and Adam would return back to dust when he croaks and Adam and Eve grew old and before then, they had children and all their children were imperfect. Especially Abel since he was so good and Cain, he was more like the devil's child and the one that killed Abel because he couldn't find a way to moderate his ways. He slaughtered his own brother with a stick after he told him to follow him. So there's your reason for why no one's perfect in this world. I don't want to ramble on and on about the Bible and what else happened in there. I actually summarized what they did without even having my Bible in front of me because I actually can't find it.

I know how you would feel when someone would forget about you, ignore you, or just stop caring about you anymore. A good friend for example would always spend time with their buddy or group of buddies, but not do anything stupid like get in trouble or go rob a bank. No. If they did that, I would most likely forget their dumbselves and move on and find someone else that's decent and promises to be a good friend to me, not just good looking. Good looking \= decent.

Hmm. Atychiphobia is like nearly the same as Atelophobia, isn't it? I hate failure. If some idiot is doing something for you, they most likely won't do the task right, not do it at all, or just totally suck at it when you should most likely do it yourself. Failure isn't such a big issue when you've caused yourself to fail or actually wanted you to fail but I will not fail for the things I dreamt of doing and if someone gets in the way and tries to mess it up, I'll bring them down.

Being alone is actually a great time in your Chronologic life to deserve some peace and quiet and some quality time with yourself. I actually like being by myself sometime when I hate to be bothered or harrassed by the people at school or some sentinel always watching my every move no matter where I walk or run. I just want to be left out of it completely.

Time is actually going to keep going. Get used to it. As long as I still have a watch especially my most favorite Red and Black Dial watch that I bought from a mall in Seattle, Washington nearly 3 years ago, I used to be watching the time going on and on. Even talking about the time every day in a chat room was fun for me and basically what I kept doing at the time until April or May 2007. Then I stopped knowing that time continues on and on. Time isn't actually going to kill you. We were meant to have a lot of time and space in our lives. It's just that that Adam and Eve and original sin thing that's going to kill us because it makes us grow old and then croak at the last second of the people's vitality here. As long as the planets are still in motion around the sun, and the moons or moon are still in motion around their planets or the moon being in motion around our planet, the Earth the time will still continue. Hell, making that long post up above and then me making this post and then editing it later on to add something relevant to what you're saying takes me a lot of time or actually quite a bit of time as I should say. Time isn't really anything to be afraid of so I don't have Chronophobia. The only reason why someone would be afraid of time is because they don't want to grow old and get close to dying because of that original sin coming from Adam and Eve and then passing it on to us before they had their first 2 sons and a couple of daughters, maybe even 3. Since they had children after they sinned, it affected all of us and effected our spirits and intentions not to sin and the bible says that if a person sins, they die, or will die later on in their life which isn't fair to the people who do good but sin and make mistakes as well along with us. Maybe if they had their children before then and then fucked up, we wouldn't be sinners, nor afraid of time because we would never have to have the Chronophobia lest we grow old and die like them, Adam and Eve. lol. I also love keeping track of time as I have my Starry Night Program as I see the time going on and processing and I could fastforward the time using any time unit I want to fastforward it, freeze the time, or rewind the time back to any year I wish. It really works and it's fascinating. It fascinates me every time I open it up to look at it, and I haven't been in to it that much, but one day I'll go back to it and continue looking at all the time elasping and remember NOT to turn off my computer at night since it gives me the chance to look at all the stars going by in the sky even though they're not actually moving because the Earth is actually spinning making it seem like the stars are moving, and watch the time go on and on forever. And when you get over your Chronophobia fear, you might live in God's Kingdom since people are given there internal life and everlasting which consists of all the stable time the universe was built for.

Last edited:
^For a second there I thought that was a masssive list of fears O____O

I'm mostly afraid of heights, that's kinda my big thing (and I hate myself for it >_>;)

Mooites said:

Got that, I didn't list it, though. ^^" Personally, I'm a very fearful person. Quite jumpy and worrisome. I just don't show it often and try to act brave. That's why everyone mistakes me for a brave person. I don't know why I try not to act afraid, I just do.

Tsutomu said:
You know, that's very good that you have actually well-thought out and devised some sort of fashion to list all the phobias in there and then link your post to the complete full set of list of phobias.

Thank you! I thought that I'd need to be organized. And, whenever I start a thread, I like to keep the first post nice and neat so everyone can thoroughly understand what I'm talking about. =]

I'm scared of heights. The Empire State Building was one of the worst experiences of my life.

Lots of people. I dunno if there's a name for it, but I like being alone. All of you, go away!!! *cries*

I really don't want to find myself falling asleep in a wide open field. If someone finds me, they might think I'm dead and...*gulp*...bury me alive. I don't wanna die because other people think I'm dead!

On a less dramatic note, I'm really disturbed by feet.

Got that, I didn't list it, though. ^^" Personally, I'm a very fearful person. Quite jumpy and worrisome. I just don't show it often and try to act brave. That's why everyone mistakes me for a brave person. I don't know why I try not to act afraid, I just do.

Thank you! I thought that I'd need to be organized. And, whenever I start a thread, I like to keep the first post nice and neat so everyone can thoroughly understand what I'm talking about. =]

You sure bring a lot of discussion that way. Is there a way on the Bulbagarden Forums to quote separate words or phrases within one person's post like the people on the serebiiforums, could do? I heard you joined there this morning perhaps. Would have to check your profile there again to see if you actually did join because today was also the same day Piekids got banned and he also posted a response in your newbie topic saying "I'm a Noob" and that was the last post he made before getting banned because you can't post right after you're banned unless if you're ban evading and then you get all your accounts permabanned so I assume you joined there today or yesterday. Am I right? It's really a great place to be and on here, whenever I tried to quote a really short post, however post some long messages to it and not just nodding my head and saying "I agree" or "I disagree" without using a couple sentences to support some details, and then it just included that as part of the quote as these forums that it was, but I really tried dividing it up instead of just making up fake quotes that I attempted to type and direct at them, not at myself. And I never quote long messages and just say "I agree" to them since that'd count as spam. I tried making a thread about it in the Newbie Lounge here but didn't know what to title it because I was afraid that it would have too many characters in the name I was trying to give it and it did so then I canceled it and maybe you could decide to help maybe by pming me or sending me a Visitor Message on my Profile and I'll come and have a look at it, and read it. I don't want this happening again.

I dont know why people are scared of being alone.. Im a 100% loner and you dont see me fearing it..

Everyone has different fears. I guess, in all honesty, we have no right to mock any of the fears on that list, no matter how odd or funny. I'm afraid of clowns; someone else might think that's stupid, but then someone else may be afraid of them as well.

See? Just because you're not afraid of something doesn't mean someone else isn't afraid of it, too.

I used to have a fear of chatting to people I did not know on phone, but its kinda gone now thank goodness.

can't think of how to start a conversation and get nervous and so on. I have become more confident in past few months with it, but its still not 100% with it yet. I have been talking and ineracting with many people recent and thats helped. Also I have had to give presentations and teach classes as part of my college course or I won't pass and that really has helped me through this fear, because I had no choice, did not want to fail anything.

I used to have a fear that shaving would really sting/hurt as I shaved my face when I was 8-9 and it hurt alot, but I guess it was to do with having more sensitave skin then, I am fine with it now.

I used to be scared of ever learning to drive, but I have drove a little, jut now I am afraid of night driving as I can't see at all when a cars headlights blind me when they pass. Have not learned how to drive officially yet, but after July I will.

Last edited:
I used to have a fear of chatting to people I did not know on phone, but its kinda gone now thank goodness.

can't think of how to start a conversation and get nervous and so on. I have become more confident in past few months with it, but its still not 100% with it yet. I have been talking and ineracting with many people recent and thats helped. Also I have had to give presentations and teach classes as part of my college course or I won't pass and that really has helped me through this fear, because I had no choice, did not want to fail anything.

I used to have a fear that shaving would really sting/hurt as I shaved my face when I was 8-9 and it hurt alot, but I guess it was to do with having more sensitave skin then, I am fine with it now.

I used to be scared of ever learning to drive, but I have drove a little, jut now I am afraid of night driving as I can't see at all when a cars headlights blind me when they pass. Have not learned how to drive officially yet, but after July I will.

In fact driving at night might be a good experience for you. There are times when you have to learn how to drive during the day with the blinding sun and at night with the blinding cars and traffic coming towards you on the other side of the road, I hope. In fact, that's exactly what I'm going to go learn how to do. I need to take a Test Drive and earn myself the license that allows me to drive. I prefer to both experience both Day And Night Driving for myself. I won't be afraid of anything. The only thing I'm afraid of that I'm going to do if I'll ever do it is have some idiot stop in the middle of the damn freeway so then I'll have to blow the horn if it was for no reason. Yet, other people are too scared to drive on the road, and they go all awfully slow. You could be a better driver than them. Just a Heads Up! :)

I dont know why people are scared of being alone.. Im a 100% loner and you dont see me fearing it..

Funny you should say that. I love being alone, but last month, when I was home for winter break, my parents and sister went on a college visit. I stayed home alone while they were gone. I lived in that house for 15 years with no problem. The one time I was there alone, I could not get to sleep because I was so terrified. For the first time in years, I actually had to turn on the TV to help me get to sleep.

It's most likely situational.

Back
Top Bottom